View Full Version : Iora's Sketches & Doodles

Iora Rua
November 27th, 2004, 01:09 PM

I have been SO inspired by everyone's awesome art on here! My goodness you guys/gals are good!

I've been drawing off & on my whole life but, haven't really put my heart into anything for years. I switched to clay and wood-carving for a long time so of course had to draw the cartoons (workups) for the carvings...that was about it though. Recently, I've been drawn (ha! pun!) back...and to an area that I've never done. Faces! People! ACKK! I've always been fascinated by people...their features, expressions...how they hold themselves. The ONE time I tried it though, I was just a young girl...and oh man, I was awful! This upset me greatly as I actually was pretty good at drawing everything else!!! (or so my young ego assured me!) So, in a snit...I never again drew another face...until just a few weeks ago (this is a couple decade lapse of time). :lol:

I've got lots of things to still learn. I am loving this though, and can steadily see progress. I'd love others' input as I go...along with practice, practice, practice..I think others' feedback ...honest feedback is very important.

So! Without further ado...lets go, eh? :D

I've been pulling interesting faces off the internet for models..some celebrities, some unknowns. These are my first two.....Lotsa problems here, but it's a start. :)

Iora Rua
November 27th, 2004, 01:12 PM
AND my fourth portrait.... She's an improvement, I think. Hard to see the details, unfortunately. I also got a BAD headache in the middle of it, so she's not finished...I think though, I'll call this one done...come back and try it again with pastels sometime maybe.

November 27th, 2004, 11:38 PM
Those are great. Show us more! :)

December 1st, 2004, 06:44 PM
so talented!!!!