PDA

View Full Version : what flowers?

luna-nix
September 8th, 2001, 11:51 AM
Greetings everyone! I have been wanting to plant a garden for a while. Right now,I am just planning on flowers, then some herbs ;).. anyways, what flowers should I plant now? someone told me I can plant tulip bulbs, then they will bud early next spring? I am in texas, and the area I can use is about half sunlight/half not. Or it might be all sunlight... humm

I wish I would have started the garden this summer, we have been getting so much rain lately!

It's marvelous to be here, and it makes me feel all, well, warm and fuzzy, the way yall are so caring, helpful, and nice to newbies hehe.

~Chryseis~

Hope
September 8th, 2001, 01:34 PM
well let me be the first to say Welcome!

blessings
hope

Ps many bulbs can be planted now, go walk through your local nursery, you will be amazed how many choices you have and how helpful they can be.

Lavender
September 8th, 2001, 10:35 PM
Hi & Welcome! Glad you found your way to us here. :)

What are the winters like there? Where I am, we're planting our bulbs to get ready for the spring. We also have a small problem with raccoons & dogs (mainly mine) digging up the bulbs & eating them! :p

Tulips & daffodils & crocuses are excellent for early spring colour. I love planting the little ones call Snow Drops. They come through the snow & lets me know that Spring is not too far off. If the winters there are fairly mild, you can plant rosemary now. Make sure the plant is protected over the winter & it have nice head start for next year.

MammaStar
September 8th, 2001, 10:40 PM
Merry Meet and Welcome! :sunny:

In addition to the daffodil, crocuses, and tulip bulbs, you could plant Hycinath (sp???) bulbs. I planted some earlier this spring, they were in bloom already, and when it came time to turn over the soil in the planter, I found the bulbs ready for next spring. :D

. I love planting the little ones call Snow Drops. They come through the snow & lets me know that Spring is not too far off.

I'm going to try and plant these for the Spring!!!! Thanks so much for the idea Wildchild!! :heartthro :elf:

luna-nix
September 9th, 2001, 12:15 AM
We have fairly mild winters.. not even ice usual. Just cold hehe. :) thank you! ;)