PDA

View Full Version : Kitten that sleeps all the time

Paije
November 28th, 2004, 09:43 PM
My daughter and I found a kitten, he is all white. I took him to the vet as he sleeps all the time. He sent me home with antibotics to give him for 7 days, I did so but he is still sleeping all the time. He won't even jump onto me or furniture..he prefers to climb. He is eating and drinking still and his wasteing is normal. No funny smells from him or his waste and he meows and purrs still. The vet tested him for luekemia and Feline HIV, he is negative for both.
When we had found him it was at a yard sale. He was in the garage meowing like he was hurt. I asked to see him and the guy say, "You want him?" So I took him. The guy I got him from actually found him and two others at a house where the owners were feeding all 3 kittens one can of food a week. Peanut (my kitten) had a prolapsed rectum because he was so starved and dehydrated. We have had him for about 2 months now going on 3. He had a real bad cut under his eye when we got him, a battle wound trying to get food from his two older brothers. He was also the runt. He also shakes a little bit ever so often, not all the time.

Anyone have similar symptoms in their kittens? Anyone know of a herbal recipe that might aid in his recovery?

Green Blessings and rays of Love,
Paije

halfwaynowhere
November 28th, 2004, 09:50 PM
well, he's baby, he might just need the sleep. if he's shaking while he's asleep, it could be night terrors, or something else completely. One of my cats has night terrors, he'll be sleeping fine and then all of a sudden he flips out, claws, fur, and blood go flying, but if they are less scary, the shaking could be less. other than that, i have no clue.

SilverMaiden
November 28th, 2004, 10:07 PM
I'd give him time to adjust to having a secure home environment. He's come from an uncertain environment in addition to growing. Make sure he has plenty of food, water and security, soon he'll become the hyperactive kitten he should be. :D

Unicornwhisp
November 29th, 2004, 01:01 AM
poor baby! it's horrible some of the things animals have to go through. i had a friend with a kitten that slept all of the time, it turned out the kitten had too many fleas and was anemic. the gums/paws go white from lack of blood circulating. i figure that's not the case, though, if it's been to the vet...the vet would have caught it.
i knew someone that bred purebred siamese cats, she had around 9 or 10 of them....they all got really mopey and didn't play as much, which lasted a few months...then in the space of 3 days she lost 7 of them. she said her vet had never seen anything like it, called it some kind of feline parvo, which hadn't ever been seen before. the 3 kittens she had quarantined in her bedroom were perfectly fine. they ended up having to burn a lot of stuff and deep-clean the rugs to make sure the kittens or any other cats didn't get sick.

AugustFirst
November 29th, 2004, 08:08 AM
I once rescued a dog, that cried like it hurt, wouldn't jump and so one.
Took him to the vet, he had Lyme's Disease.
A broken bone maybe?
Or maybe your kitten is tired because he had to fight so hard to live.
Good Luck.

Paije
November 29th, 2004, 10:29 PM
hello,
Sorry to bring such bad news..had to put down my little baby. He was afflicted with FIB. A neurological disorder in cats. I wouldn't jump or use his back paws except for small steps. He also would not track with his eyes. We had him put down humanily and we made a spot for him in our yard next to the Garden he always tried to sneak out of the house to get at :)
I ask that if anyone can spare a little energy, to send it his way for his new beginning. His name was Peanut.

Love and Light and many thanks,
Paije

Aleannah
November 29th, 2004, 10:35 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Peanut...but I think the malnutrition isn't letting these babies develop properly. If the other one pulls through, it might need "special" care its whole life, but it would be worth it if it can survive this...:hugz:

Paije
November 29th, 2004, 10:39 PM
hello,
Sorry to bring such bad news..had to put down my little baby. He was afflicted with FIB. A neurological disorder in cats. I wouldn't jump or use his back paws except for small steps. He also would not track with his eyes. We had him put down humanily and we made a spot for him in our yard next to the Garden he always tried to sneak out of the house to get at :)
I ask that if anyone can spare a little energy, to send it his way for his new beginning. His name was Peanut.

Love and Light and many thanks,
Paije

Here is a photo of Peanut, he will always be in my heart,
L&L,
Paije