PDA

View Full Version : In case you wonder if dogs are smart or not!

BabblingImp
December 4th, 2004, 07:57 AM
ok this happened a few years ago.
One day my mom and I were driving by our house, and we saw that three of our four dogs had something and were trearing it apart, it was a PEACOCK! So we slam on the breaks and pull in, we both jump out of the car sreaming "BAD DOGS! BAD DOGS! GET AWAY GET AWAY!" and my mom said "GO AWAY! BAD DOGS!" The poor bird was still alive, my mom and I scoop it up and take it to one of the horse stalls. The bird had no feathers left, but he was Ok. (he lived to be a very old bird!) Anyway, at that point we had a mutt puppy who helped with the de-nuding of the bird, a chocolate lab, (Nautal bird dogs) and a Newfoundland mix, well the las dog, Zack is his name, Took my moms 'go away' for real, that nigh there was no Zack! Ok so he is off sulking some where he'll be back for breakfast, nope he wasn't there. This is a dog that NEVER leaves home, he is 105lb and black, well that day I stayed home while my mom went to Petsmart. I get a phone call a family had my dog show up on their door step late the night, my Zack went 20 miles accross country away from home because mom told him to 'Go Away'! He did!, when we got there he would not look at my mom untill she apoligized porfusely! (You should have seen us get him into the car! he hates riding in cars!) So now we are very careful what we say around him.!

claxon
December 4th, 2004, 10:02 AM
So not then? :D

LadyAutumnCat
December 4th, 2004, 02:48 PM
So not then? :D

:lol:

LadyAutumnCat
December 4th, 2004, 02:49 PM
I definitely think they understand what we say. It's just that some of them choose to ignore us!!

BabblingImp
December 4th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Most of the time yes, but I think Zack thinks he's a cat, there are a couple of times were he doesn't act like a dog! But he is very in tune to what is going on around him! I have never known a dog that would ignore a person until they aploigized! And he is like that, not when he knows he's been bad just when he doesn't understand something! I only have strange/wierd/animals! :spinner:

claxon
December 4th, 2004, 06:26 PM
I definitely think they understand what we say. It's just that some of them choose to ignore us!!

Ah those would be the Cat wannbes then. :D