PDA

View Full Version : Area 51

LadyTrinity
December 4th, 2004, 07:12 PM
Is it real? Do they have unexplained creatures being held?
Is it true if you work for them your life is very confined
Is it true they can kidnap people and throw them off a cliff and no one would ever know the secret? :abanana:

Shana-chan
December 4th, 2004, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't doubt it. There are lots of cliffs around Area 51. :D

However, I do know that it's in Nevada, and that there is only one guy who is brave enough to go and take pictures of the site. And he has to hangglide to the mountain in order to get there unseen and with his life intact.

FaerieGothMommy
December 4th, 2004, 07:40 PM
I was watching a programme about this a few days ago, and the guy in the programme tryed to find out as much information as he could of the place.
They did find one guy, who used to work in area 51, he agreed to speak but had his identity hidden and his voice changed!!! He explained how secret you had to keep your life and couldn't even say anything to your wife about work. And also about the planes that come & go from area 51.
But they couldn't find anything signifcant out about the location ... i'd say yes, they are hiding many things & yes their lives are very confind if they work there.

Marchosias
December 4th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Is it true they can kidnap people and throw them off a cliff and no one would ever know the secret? :abanana:

Hell, I can do that.

Gareth
December 4th, 2004, 09:06 PM
Area 51 is where they used to do all the testing for the new military equipment deemed top secret.
Including the stealth fighers and stealth bombers.
Also they alledgedly had alien corpses and captured flying saucers.

From what I found out by watching many, many shows of UFO's and such.
Area 51 is pretty much abondoned.
All the radioactive testing they did under it has made it's way back up to it.

I mean it's still heavily guarded, and you WILL be shot dead if you go past a certain point.
The guy who hang glides in is lucky, he hasn't gotten anything that hasn't been released already.
To be honest, if they wanted him to stop he would be stopped.

For the longest time the government denied it existed until a few years ago.
Now they say it's there but not in use, which may or may not be true.
When it comes to top-secret stuff, you will get the run-around from the government. :geez:

LadyTrinity
December 5th, 2004, 08:51 AM
Yeah I saw a documentary and there were people coming in and out of Area 51 and they had some people on guard driving by making sure no one was around the grounds. I did see one show about a guy trying to locate some stuff but the guards saw them and were coming in close and they just took off for their lives. :cutesanta

stephy-sama
December 5th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Area 51 is where they used to do all the testing for the new military equipment deemed top secret.
Including the stealth fighers and stealth bombers.
Also they alledgedly had alien corpses and captured flying saucers.

From what I found out by watching many, many shows of UFO's and such.
Area 51 is pretty much abondoned.
All the radioactive testing they did under it has made it's way back up to it.

I mean it's still heavily guarded, and you WILL be shot dead if you go past a certain point.
The guy who hang glides in is lucky, he hasn't gotten anything that hasn't been released already.
To be honest, if they wanted him to stop he would be stopped.

For the longest time the government denied it existed until a few years ago.
Now they say it's there but not in use, which may or may not be true.
When it comes to top-secret stuff, you will get the run-around from the government. :geez:

Yeah, I've been out there and it's weird that on the map there is NOTHING, yet there are "Cammo Dudes" (aka Security Guards) with guns and binoculars sitting in vehicles by signs that \bacically say "pass this and you DIE sucker!" (ok, so I took some liberty with what the sign said. :abanana: ).

I do believe that it's still in use though. The last time I was out there, which was less than a year ago (I'm in the process of making a documentary on it.. actually it's done, but I'm revising it) I saw two jets take off from the base. Just two normal jets. Nothing strange like a few years ago. Still interesting though.

misschief
December 5th, 2004, 08:29 PM
i'm sure there is more than one area with things going on unseen. come on, the government isn't dumb. they may act dumb, but they aren't.

stephy-sama
December 5th, 2004, 08:40 PM
Yeah, I'm sure there are more than just Groom Lake (the other name for Area 51). A lot of people actually think it's a decoy now because so many people know about it. There are a lot of other places where a base could be: Texas, Wyoming, Colorado, Nebraska... basically anywhere scarcly populated with decent-good whether.

halfwaynowhere
December 5th, 2004, 09:11 PM
i heard that a few years ago area 51 was abandoned, but then all of a sudden everything was back. my dad has some theory that they are working on teleportation and such. i don't have any ideas, but i really don't care too much.

Enigma
December 7th, 2004, 06:00 AM
Area 51 is an RND facility that is very secure and reasonably so. They research all maner of things mostly technological. There is a company out of LasVegas that is researching teleportation but I'm not sure if it's at Area 51.

Most of the things at the Area 51 Facility you never hear about until the government says *Hey look what we have* and wheels out their newest toys. And they will never openly tell you it came from Area 51.

If you are assigned to Area 51 your life *is* very confined. I have an uncle who is a scientist in the RND sector (@ Dugway, not at area 51), and the ammount of security is truly amazing, more than formidable and not at all unreasonable.

If you enter the Area without authorization there is authorized use of deadly force. They don't need to make it a secret. There are signs clearly posted warning of the danger.

Most likely you will just get arrested. Either way you will be in *BIG* trouble if you tresspass.

Reguardless you would never make it far enough into the grounds to even be a threat. There are all sorts of detection devices such as motion detectors IR detectors audio sensors, guards with night vision, a radar station etc. It would be pointless to even try. The security team assigned to Area 51 is top notch to put it lightly.

I seriously doubt there are aliens there though. Awsome technology yes but not aliens.

DraconisArcanus
December 7th, 2004, 08:29 AM
Area 51 exists yes but it is so high publicized would it come to be that there are other areas less noticed because Area 51 is sooooo visibale? I mean the easiest way to hide something is to place it in plain site.

I have no doubt our gov't hides things by the minute maybe for our good but maybe not. Quite frankly the one's I've met in the gov't both military and political are so full of BS it's no wonder we are in the state of affairs we are.

I'd be more concerned with other facilities ..... Area 51 in my opinion is a red herring at best.

Peace and Holiday Blessings!

Valnorran
December 7th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Yes, Area 51 exists. As for them hiding aliens and alien spacecraft, no, I don't buy it. Area 51 is (or was) for experimental aircraft. Even common aircraft can look pretty strange from certain angles or in certain lighting, never mind the experimental stuff, and we're farther along the technology path than most people realize.

wooleybob
December 7th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Well everyone has their own belive on area 51,there are to many unexplained things to answer about the gov.Too many people know about this place..The gov has too many places to hide stuff from the people such as underground,in mountains,other bases,ect..question is do people belive if we were on the moon?..If so,why havent we been back to the moon? Why is it that it takes NASA so long to send up a shuttle,when a rich person can now give rides out in space,because he invented this space ride?..And it only takes a fraction of the time to get it ready to fly,I understand it doesent go as far in space,but it still makes you wonder whats up..There is a site to go on for area 51 its www.area51.com it is a site run buy the government you have to ask permission to veiw it,if they feel that they dont want to log you on they will decline you...keep tryin to get on the site at different hours of the day or night..sooner or later someone will mess up and give access to the site,remember you gotta keep tryin and dont give up....

Valnorran
December 7th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Well everyone has their own belive on area 51,there are to many unexplained things to answer about the gov.Too many people know about this place..The gov has too many places to hide stuff from the people such as underground,in mountains,other bases,ect..question is do people belive if we were on the moon?..If so,why havent we been back to the moon? Why is it that it takes NASA so long to send up a shuttle,when a rich person can now give rides out in space,because he invented this space ride?..And it only takes a fraction of the time to get it ready to fly,I understand it doesent go as far in space,but it still makes you wonder whats up..
No mystery there. NASA is a government agency, meaning it's a buruecracy, meaning it is hideously inefficient. As for why we haven't been back to the moon, maybe they considered that conquered and now have their eyes on Mars.

There is a site to go on for area 51 its www.area51.com it is a site run buy the government you have to ask permission to veiw it,if they feel that they dont want to log you on they will decline you...
That being the case, what makes you think you'll learn anything on that site?

stephy-sama
December 7th, 2004, 02:16 PM
Reguardless you would never make it far enough into the grounds to even be a threat. There are all sorts of detection devices such as motion detectors IR detectors audio sensors, guards with night vision, a radar station etc. It would be pointless to even try. The security team assigned to Area 51 is top notch to put it lightly.

Oh yeah. The last time I was out there they dispatched a Blackhawk helecoptor out on us. We weren't tresspassing, but we were really REALLLY close to the border. I think they were just out there to see where we were. We disappeared behind a hill so the cameras they have couldn't see us.

It's funny. I go out there really to see the planes. There is some mighty awesome aircraft they test out there and seeing something that's shaped so oddly soaring in the sky is just exhillarating! It's a dangerous hobby though because... heh.. they really don't want us to see those thing. ^.^

Area 51 in my opinion is a red herring at best.

Heh, everytime I hear (or see) someone use that term I can't help but think of the movie Clue. "Communist is a red herring." Thank you Tim Curry! lol!

Tisiphone
December 7th, 2004, 05:41 PM
i Think the idea of the government hording alien remains is just scarry, and imoral. Think about it, you're flying through space woopdy-frinkin'-do, then WAM you're on earth, they take you and expirment on you. Yuck. I watched a documentary/movie/not sure if it's true, but there was a group of people trying to find a way into 51, and their cameras of the outside of 51 were all taken away and they had major restrictions on where they could fly too. Crazy how we have a free government, but we're not allowed to know what's behind a few fences, and men with guns. :spaceman:

Enigma
December 7th, 2004, 06:47 PM
i Think the idea of the government hording alien remains is just scarry, and imoral. Think about it, you're flying through space woopdy-frinkin'-do, then WAM you're on earth, they take you and expirment on you. Yuck. I watched a documentary/movie/not sure if it's true, but there was a group of people trying to find a way into 51, and their cameras of the outside of 51 were all taken away and they had major restrictions on where they could fly too. Crazy how we have a free government, but we're not allowed to know what's behind a few fences, and men with guns. :spaceman:

Of course we can't see these confidential things. If we can see it so can our enemies. It's a matter of National Security. I know it would be cool to see these things but sometimes we have to override our curiosity with logic. It's for the good of the nation.

As I said before I *seriously* doubt they have aliens there.

As to the moon comment by Wooleybob. Okay man let's regress rather than progress.
Of course we've been to the moon, to say otherwise is just asinine.
And Valnorran is right. Nasa is funded by the government through tax payer's dollars. The red tape is such that NASA does not want to make a mistake.

They are dealing with billions of funded dollars, dollars that they don't want to loose by rushing things.

Just look what happened when Columbia blew up. NASA was grounded. That was a random series of events that was disastrous. That happened *with* the strict NASA code. Imagine what kind of problems would occur if they were more lax.

They are now trying to move away from government funding so they can bring in personal investors, do fund raising, etc. That will make it easier for them to research what they want and fly when they want. It'll make things allot easier but they will always be at least as strict as they are, they will just have more funding so things should progress faster. And tax dollars will not be so tied up in it.

"Never been to the moon" Come on wooleybob, you're smarter than that.

Tisiphone
December 7th, 2004, 07:01 PM
I still think that it isn't right to hide things, but you're right, if the people knows everyone knows.:ugh:

wooleybob
December 8th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Of course we can't see these confidential things. If we can see it so can our enemies. It's a matter of National Security. I know it would be cool to see these things but sometimes we have to override our curiosity with logic. It's for the good of the nation.

As I said before I *seriously* doubt they have aliens there.

As to the moon comment by Wooleybob. Okay man let's regress rather than progress.
Of course we've been to the moon, to say otherwise is just asinine.
And Valnorran is right. Nasa is funded by the government through tax payer's dollars. The red tape is such that NASA does not want to make a mistake.

They are dealing with billions of funded dollars, dollars that they don't want to loose by rushing things.

Just look what happened when Columbia blew up. NASA was grounded. That was a random series of events that was disastrous. That happened *with* the strict NASA code. Imagine what kind of problems would occur if they were more lax.

They are now trying to move away from government funding so they can bring in personal investors, do fund raising, etc. That will make it easier for them to research what they want and fly when they want. It'll make things allot easier but they will always be at least as strict as they are, they will just have more funding so things should progress faster. And tax dollars will not be so tied up in it.

"Never been to the moon" Come on wooleybob, you're smarter than that.
I'm sorry if it sounds like i pushed some buttons for people,i didnt mean to..like i have said before people have their own belives on topics,I put my time in the service of 8yrs,and shared alot of things that was floated around and did some research on things that was said and found out.the only reason i spoke about not being on the moon,was it was already put out to the public(not all the truth let out) by vidio,and book..The whole thing was staged in the B.C of Canada..In the old days they had Rocketships which broke apart in stages once in space,the capsule was to contain the crew,and luner buggy,and equipment for research..when they landed on the moon the craft was smaller than from take off..now after all the whoop-di duh of bouncin on the moon joy ridding in the buggy,sayin a speach was over,now was the time to pack up head for earth.now mind you...the capsule was small,had enough fuel for take off,why couldnt they bring back the space buggy?They didnt....it was left behind on the moon...Belive it or not...it was never brought back to earth,because if you ever watched the landing of the capsule,it used big parachutes to land in the ocean,and the capsule was so small,it hardly fit the astronauts in it...so all in all the only small(supposedly collected samples) of things from the moon,had to be stuffed in this small capsule with them.like i said before everyone has differnt beliefs on this topic,with answers,and questions with their own beliefs...Once again i am sorry if i made anyone mad,or think i am a nut case....THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE....someday we will learn it...

LadyTrinity
December 8th, 2004, 04:30 PM
:yikes:

stephy-sama
December 8th, 2004, 05:39 PM
:yikes: :rubhead:

xblue420x
December 13th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Is it real? Do they have unexplained creatures being held?
Is it true if you work for them your life is very confined
I haven't read the whole thread yet, just the first page so if I'm repeating someone..ignore me lol
It's real.. It's true that your life would be EXTERMELY confined if you worked there..hell anyone who grew up on a military base had confined lives-if you worked at Area51 you'd probably be a hermit. And they can kidnap people and throw them off cliffs, although they wouldn't go through that much trouble. I live in Vegas and I've been around the borders of the shoot line. They have electric fences covering the perimiter and signs EVERYWHERE that say if you cross this line you will be shot, no questions asked. I have heard of tons of people over the years who've been killed for crossing that line..
As for the unexplained creatures, aliens, UFOs..Nobody could answer that. I've always been 50/50 on that one. People say that they brought the aliens over from Roswell, but why would they bring them all the way over here from NM, and how could they have done it without people seeing the giant UFO going down the highway? I know they have made replicas of UFOs there(great way to spend all of the tax payers money!)
The other thing is that the military bases in Nevada are moved around every 2 months and they are under ground..so if A51 is the same then even when someone does figure out exactly where it is and how to get there or take pics without getting shot or arrested by the time they get there it would have been moved already..Anyways enough of my ranting..and like I said if someones already said all this I'm sorry and just ignore it heh
Blue

stephy-sama
December 14th, 2004, 02:17 AM
I have NEVER heard of anyone being killed... however I've learned that sometimes you don't have to hear it to be true. And I've been to the border and there is no electric fence. If there is an electric fence it's pretty far into the boundry. I've poked around there quite a bit. I love aviation so I have a need to go out there and sit for hours waiting and watching for them to test something.

halfwaynowhere
December 14th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Heh, everytime I hear (or see) someone use that term I can't help but think of the movie Clue. "Communist is a red herring." Thank you Tim Curry! lol!

lol, thats exactly what i thought when i saw that, too... of course, i am a big Tim Curry fan, so that might be the reason...

Jeleia
December 14th, 2004, 01:19 PM
I'm not to worried about Area 51.... its areas 1-50 I'm worried about.:ugh:

hotrodchick
February 2nd, 2005, 08:34 AM
I forgot where it was that I found it but there was an article that a guy hacked area 51 and stole a chip. They said he had to either replace the chip and pay for it. Or spend time in jail. He paid the fine and was released. I think this happened just recently too. I've been on so many sites I forgot where I found it. But If I come across the site again I'll give you the link to the article.

Niamh celtic mist
February 6th, 2005, 01:11 AM
Yep...Yes..and certainly :shift: