PDA

View Full Version : Qigong

Blue Shadow
September 10th, 2001, 04:21 AM
Does anybody have any experience with Qigong?

Illuminatus
September 10th, 2001, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Blue Shadow
Does anybody have any experience with Qigong?

Yes. I think that he was an excellent example of a Jedi Knight. Quai-Gon Jin really gave us a better perception of a Jedi... from the 3 original movies, we assumed that Jedi were all ultra-serious, high strung serious types, like Luke and Vader.

However, Quai-Gon breaks that stereotype, by attempting to use the "Jedi Mind Trick" to swindle Watto, the junkyard owner. By further betting his ship in a gamble to win Anaken's freedom, he shows that the light path need not be narrow to achieve the ends of good.

His willingness to "bend the rules" goes a long way broaden the path one may walk on the Light side of the Force.

mythril
October 2nd, 2001, 01:39 AM
I practice qigong, the dao yin exercises.

I absolutely love them, the amount of energy they generate and the feeling of total wellness and mindfullness i feel while doing them is wonderful.

Silver Venus
October 3rd, 2001, 10:07 AM
Ive heard of this before and would really like to learn and pratcie more but its just juggling everything else aswell :)
...my friend taught me a good technique ~
start at you feet and rub your hands in tiny circle round and round working up the legs.. then up the arms .. then on your head! Sometimes I do this (when I remember) when I cant get out of bed and need that extra energy :)

Can you teach me any other easy to learn and do techniques please? :sunny:

mythril
October 4th, 2001, 01:31 AM
Sure :)

Heres one i use every moring when out of bed:

Stand feet shoulderwidth appart and knees slightly bent,
Relax, then start rubbing your face gently in circular motions to disperse stagnant chi. When you are ready, start tapping the skull with your finger tips for a while, then rub your ears, since the ear has numerous acupuncture points, energy will be sent to all the organs of the body.

Next slap each arm, starting with the left arm, from shoulder to hand and then under the arm from hand to shoulder. do this for one minute then do the other arm.

Next bend over slightly and with your knuckles, hit your lower back where your kidneys are (Not to hard!), do this for one minute then slap each leg, starting with the left legm, from front thigh to ancle and then from back of ancle to back thigh.
Then do the same for the other leg.

If this doesn't wake you up then i don't know what will :D

Silver Venus
October 4th, 2001, 05:15 AM
Ive already made it out today :D So Ill try this tomorrow :)
It sounds very much like the technique my friend taught me ~ maybe I shouldnt be starting at my feet ~ do you normally start at your feet or head with Chi-Gong? With Reiki in mind Id say head Yes?

Thank you so much :)
Light and Peace
:sunny:

mythril
October 4th, 2001, 05:34 AM
sure :sunny:

In this excercise i was taught to start with the head, but most other chigung exercises don't have a particular pattern

Shy Hawk
October 13th, 2001, 10:30 PM
I do some Chi Gong. The form I do has multiple steps...so it'd be hard to explain. It's very "stance" oriented. Cat, bow and arrow, horse, etc....It's emphasis is on breathing and moving without thinking.

Silver Venus
October 15th, 2001, 06:08 AM
Cat, Horse ~ Bow and Arrow?
That kind of sounds like yoga ~ they name there stances after animals quite allot! Sacred animals :)
Does Chi-Gong too?

mythril
October 15th, 2001, 06:18 AM
Yup, we do in ours, don't really know of some of the names though.

especially in tai chi, every movement with the sword especially has a animal attachment like the dragon coils around the pillar or monkey carrys fruit.

Silver Venus
October 15th, 2001, 06:22 AM
lol that sounds funny! :T
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon!

mythril
October 15th, 2001, 06:31 AM
hahahah, i know, sometimes one wants to laugh in the middle of a stance, while balancing, when the instructor sais something like that.

:)

Shy Hawk
October 15th, 2001, 08:48 AM
Yep....every separate move in a kata or form (or drill) has a name. Snake takes the pearl was one of my faves....

mythril
October 15th, 2001, 09:09 AM
that is nice

What about "the dragon gazes at the sea"?

telecino
May 6th, 2006, 04:04 PM
Hi,

(Chi-Gong, Qi-Gong, Gi-Gong,... all the same)

i know a bit about some chi-gong exercises, i teach them. I practice Medical Chi-Gong, meditative Chi-Gong, and ritual buddhist sorcery that work your energy (Chi-Gong)

I personnaly prefer Medical Chi-Gong and Kuji-in ritual practice.

PS: About that Quaigon Jin star wars lapsus, George Lucas inspired a lot of his Jedi system on old buddhist sorcery and martial arts system. We could say Jedi are Chi-Gong masters. :lol: