$1 billion
Federal spending on the Pentagon:
$344 billion

Source: Business Leaders for Sensible Priorities

From www.alternet.org

Kaylara

Danustouch
September 10th, 2001, 04:16 PM
that is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO sick.

Earth Walker
September 10th, 2001, 04:24 PM
:eek: & :sick:

Illuminatus
September 10th, 2001, 04:52 PM
You gotta wonder about the Pentagon and all the money and power that are invested into it.... Whatever it is they're trying to summon with that thing, you KNOW it's going to be BAD. ASS.

Kyrnnid Tyhn
September 10th, 2001, 11:35 PM
did you ever stop to think how much money the government is taking in via income tax? i mean, really think about it. how many working people are in the US dishing out a decent chunk of their pay checks to the feds. just think about how much money that is. it's sick. and to see that most of it is going to the pentagon.

Daniel
September 12th, 2001, 04:20 AM
Actually, I'm fairly certain that most (or at least a big chunk) of the taxes paid by the average working-class American are payroll taxes, which are supposed to be earmarked for Social Security -- a system where those taking out are covered by those paying in, and where those currently paying in will never see a red cent.

Considering that it used to be a forced savings program where the money never moved into someone else's pocket, that is sick.

Illuminatus
September 12th, 2001, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Kaylara
Federal spending on education:
$42 billion
Federal spending on affordable housing:
$26 billion
Federal spending on Head Start:
$6 billion
Federal spending on school construction:
$1 billion
Federal spending on the Pentagon:
$344 billion

Source: Business Leaders for Sensible Priorities

From www.alternet.org

Kaylara

Statistics are EVIL Kaylara!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! don't you know that??!!! Especially when they are TAKEN OUT OF CONTEXT.

Never mind that almost ALL of the US's funding for education comes out of STATE TAXES NOT FEDERAL ONES. Really. Numbers alone mean nothing, it's the social trends they represent. And glancing at the local paper and the new Property tax rates going to my local school's inflated budget, I really don't think their problem is in their budget, more their management.

- Ill