PDA

View Full Version : Your Opinion on the Design of this Site

Valerie
December 9th, 2004, 04:13 PM
Well, I have begun the long exhaustive process of learning HTML, by myself (what have I gotten myself into?!), so that I can have my website up and running without the need to hire a web designer. I have to say though, I'm actually kind of enjoying it...:bigredblu

Right now, I am in my second week of learning HTML, and I'm basically just learning as I go along, and reading up on what I happen to need at the time.

check it out and tell me what you think of it, and what can be improved. Thanks :cool:

www.paganforum.bravehost.com

-Aries-

elfmage
December 12th, 2004, 01:53 AM
I like it!

Very good looking, easy to read, well laid out, good navigational tools, and nice and simple, whilst still being very well structured and attractive.

Very nice! Some good information too.

Willow_starr
December 16th, 2004, 04:08 AM
That's a great job for two weeks! Have you seen the webpage lissaexplainsall.com it is designed for young people but it is a great resource for learning HTML and other webdesign elements.
A couple suggestions:
- when I first scanned the page I thought your banner at the top was part of the ad banner. I'd put the title above it to clearly define where you page starts.
- I really like your site navagation bar but I'd keep in one place on all your pages (the bottom seems to work well)
- finally I'd make one theme or style (background, text size and colour, heading size and colour) and apply it to all your pages it gives the site a more polished look. After you've got the hang of HTML check out how to do cascading style sheets (css) it is a way to create one look and easily apply it all the pages and then if you want to change the colour or you text you just change your style sheet with having to go to each page.