PDA

View Full Version : sad... sorta, maybe

butterflydreams
December 18th, 2004, 04:15 AM
I saw a spirit for the first time today and am not sure how to feel about it yet. i'm pretty good at sensing things around me but had never seen anything like a spirit, ghost, orb, or otherwise ... until this morning. I had a job interview today so I didn't even bother trying to sleep last night so I happened to be up and about at somewhere around 3 am. I was downstairs in my parents house and was looking out a window or at a book or something. I saw what looked like wings flapping out of the corner of my eye. I saw it fly up towards the ceiling and then all the sudden stopped or I couldn't see it anymore. I didn't see this directly though, only out of the corner of my eye. I thought to myself..." I could have sworn I just saw a bird... I must be really tired and need to go to bed quickly. But so I dismissed my thought and went upstairs to read. At around 4:30 everyone was up and getting ready for their day when my mom said Petri was dead. Petri was their (formerly my) cockatiel - named after the cute little dinosaur bird on, well never mind. Anyway, when she said that I new I hadn't been hallucinating earlier. I really did see something. So now I'm torn between being completely sad because we lost a loved pet and feeling kind of moved. It was beautiful to know that she flew "home" and didn't seem to have anything at all wrong with her. I guess I can say she is at peace - where ever she is. So I really don't know what I expect with this thread. I'm just sort of shaken up and felt the need to share somewhere.

Thanks

Sekushi Cho
December 18th, 2004, 05:32 AM
Hmm... are you sure you didn't just see one of those weird things that float around your eyes? What are they called again? Anyways, I see them all the time. They're pretty entertaining, actually. I used to think the were spirits or angels or something, but then I grew up. Plus, I saw them waaaayy too often. _catroll_

BabblingImp
December 18th, 2004, 06:54 AM
Feel happy, she was probably saying good bye to you when you saw her and that's why you saw her. I sometimes hear a dog we use to have, she'll bark and we know it's her and not the other dogs. Someone said that when you think of someone who is gone, their sprit comes near and you can sence and sometime feel them. I'm sorry you lost your brid, but be happy because you know she went home.

Witchzee1
December 18th, 2004, 09:32 AM
:hugz:

I'm sorry about the loss of your pet. It's always difficult to lose a member of your family.

As for seeing something, I believe that spirits, auras, etc., are seen with a different eye than the one you normally use. It's the same, sort of defocused, eye that you use to look at those paintings that look like nothing and after you stare at them for a while a 3-D picture comes into focus. I think there's a whole realm of things that exists on that plane. That's why you saw it out of the corner of your eye but when you looked straight at it, it disappeared.

Anyway ...

sincerebliss
December 18th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Awweee...I'm sorry about your little pet! That's so sad but it is interesting that you are now able to see such a thing.

kissesree
December 18th, 2004, 04:04 PM
I saw a spirit for the first time today and am not sure how to feel about it yet. i'm pretty good at sensing things around me but had never seen anything like a spirit, ghost, orb, or otherwise ... until this morning. I had a job interview today so I didn't even bother trying to sleep last night so I happened to be up and about at somewhere around 3 am. I was downstairs in my parents house and was looking out a window or at a book or something. I saw what looked like wings flapping out of the corner of my eye. I saw it fly up towards the ceiling and then all the sudden stopped or I couldn't see it anymore. I didn't see this directly though, only out of the corner of my eye. I thought to myself..." I could have sworn I just saw a bird... I must be really tired and need to go to bed quickly. But so I dismissed my thought and went upstairs to read. At around 4:30 everyone was up and getting ready for their day when my mom said Petri was dead. Petri was their (formerly my) cockatiel - named after the cute little dinosaur bird on, well never mind. Anyway, when she said that I new I hadn't been hallucinating earlier. I really did see something. So now I'm torn between being completely sad because we lost a loved pet and feeling kind of moved. It was beautiful to know that she flew "home" and didn't seem to have anything at all wrong with her. I guess I can say she is at peace - where ever she is. So I really don't know what I expect with this thread. I'm just sort of shaken up and felt the need to share somewhere.

ThanksSounds like you got pixies!!!!!!! They can be good, but they like to do stuff like hide slippers. When I was a young girl, they said I was crazy and I has an imaginary friend, a ghost who lived in my old bedroom, they medicated me. some years later my mother saw her looking out my window and got me off the meds. I think a lot of "crazy' people are just gifted. while I was on my medication, I never saw the little girl. stuff like that makes me sad.