PDA

View Full Version : Aromatherapy for dogs products line- your opinions, please

Faery-Wings
December 22nd, 2004, 03:41 PM
I am developing an aromatherapy product line for dogs. I am doing research, taking notes, and coming up with a lot of ideas.

What kinds of products would you like to see in an AT line for animals?
What concerns would you have that might keep you from purchasing such a product?

Anything else you think I should consider?

Thanks!

DivineAthena
December 22nd, 2004, 04:14 PM
I don't have any opinions, I'm just curious as to what AT for animals is? And why?

SilverMaiden
December 22nd, 2004, 04:30 PM
:veryweird I've noticed what things my dogs love the smell of and frankly they have a tendency to make me puke. Kyri's favorite is horse crap. Nanuk loves rotten stinking shank bones that have been buried for weeks. The more wretched smelling it is the more they want to roll in it and enjoy it.

As long as my nose couldn't smell it but their's could I'd think about trying it. :D

Faery-Wings
December 23rd, 2004, 08:10 AM
I don't have any opinions, I'm just curious as to what AT for animals is? And why?
Hi DA!
AT for dogs is becoming quite popular as many people are trying to go "all natural" and using a holistic healing route for their animals.
Being that dogs have such an incredible abilty to smell, people have been using essential oils on their dogs, for health care, flea and ticks, skin disorders and psychological issues.

For example, my dog had severe separation anxiety several years ago. She ended up eating through an entire sectional sofa! We had her on Clomaclam (an anti-anxiety for dogs) which helped a bit. At this point in her life as she is almost 10, I wouldn't put her back on meds, but would prefer to use an EO blend that will help her to stay calm, without all of the chemicals.

I have afriend who makes all natural/human grade dog biscuits. Another friend of mine has a freind who owns a "all natural dog cookie store." Both people are interested in having me wholesale products to them. This could be a big jump in the bussiness.

So yup, thatis the basics of what and why.
:)

Faery-Wings
December 23rd, 2004, 08:15 AM
:veryweird I've noticed what things my dogs love the smell of and frankly they have a tendency to make me puke. Kyri's favorite is horse crap. Nanuk loves rotten stinking shank bones that have been buried for weeks. The more wretched smelling it is the more they want to roll in it and enjoy it.

As long as my nose couldn't smell it but their's could I'd think about trying it. :D

Oh I know what you mean! My dog found a dead mouse last summer. After we cleaned up the mouse, she had to roll in the sticky grass. She smelled so bad I had to give her a bath right then and there- and still she smelled. :sick:

There has been some interesting research that dogs seem to be naturally attracted to the oils that they need- so perhaps you might like the oils your dogs would choose! :lol:

SilverMaiden
December 23rd, 2004, 10:23 AM
Oh I know what you mean! My dog found a dead mouse last summer. After we cleaned up the mouse, she had to roll in the sticky grass. She smelled so bad I had to give her a bath right then and there- and still she smelled. :sick:

There has been some interesting research that dogs seem to be naturally attracted to the oils that they need- so perhaps you might like the oils your dogs would choose! :lol:

:lol: I think I'll pass on their help in on those two selections. I'm happy with their ability to smell water though.

I would like to see your list once you get going. I use fish oil, salmon oil, artic vigor and cod liver oil in my dogs diet. They love the smell of fish too. I've also used Rescue Remedy to calm Nanuk when he was afraid to go to the vet.

When Kyri was puppy and had seperation anxiety I used classical music until I got Nanuk. Now they howl together when I leave. :lol:

Faery-Wings
December 26th, 2004, 08:04 AM
What I am wolrking on right now is a shampoo, treatment for hot spots, flea and tick repellent and a calming blend. I have to make sure that it is completely safe to be ingested, as I am sure you know how dogs love to lick!

SilverMaiden, your dogs in your av are just so cute. But I bet they keep you hopping. :hehehe: