PDA

View Full Version : its not real

triple_D
December 25th, 2004, 01:04 AM
This is sorta hard to explain. For as long as I can remember clearly I always had these "feelings" like I was being watched, or that the world as I know it does not exsit. There has always been somthing missing from my life. I have looked at things and sworn that they were not there even though I could touch, smell, and see them. I have seen things out of the corner of my eyes and right in front of me only for a breif sec. at first I thought it might be a side effect of all the drugs I did but I've been sober for 3yrs now and I was never into it heavely. I told my mom and she said that I was like that only ten times worse a little kid and that I would tell her that I could see things that no one else could see. Years of therpy as a kid has left me confused as to what was reality and what was fiction up until about 10yrs old. Every time I'm relaxed I get the feeling that I'm being watched. When ever I read a book about anything remotly spritial or paranormal I get chills over my entire body I have chills right now. I feel like I not seeing the big picture I'm only seeing what somebody wants me to see. My aunt who is psycic says I have the weirdest aura she has ever felt and cant explain it. I dont feel as if I'm in any harm I just feel like I tring to see somthing that I'm not ment to see. Between the dreams and the visions and the feelings I dont know what to think anymore. I was wandering has any one ever felt this way before. :bangyourh :veryweird :confused:

Pure Ahimsa
December 25th, 2004, 01:15 AM
Yup, you can only prove that the self exists. I think therefore I am, but there is a feeling you can get which will comfort you and will explain that things do exist. What we see must of been effected and driected by something else.

misschief
December 25th, 2004, 12:43 PM
yep. you ever had an EEG or any head xrays, MRI, CT scan.. anything like that? i've always felt like that, it's because among other things, i have an abnormal thought process that is associated with human evolution. lol.. alot to swallow at once isn't it? but, yes, i am like you are.. i do not have any mental disorders other than depression, i am completely 'normal' -whatever that means- aside from how my brain works. :)

Silver_FireStar
December 25th, 2004, 09:42 PM
I think it's all part of the brain theory. Never heard of the brain theory? Don't worry I shall explain.
The average human uses only 15% of their brain. Therefore if just 15% can do all that it does then the potential for the rest is astronomical.

I think you just use a bit more of your mind. This allows you to glimpse beyond the reaches of the normal human being, thus giving you the potential to see...who knows what. But the brain theory is a good one.

So says my madness

DarkOrion
December 26th, 2004, 12:26 AM
Sounds to me like long term paranoid schizophrenia with Hallucinagenic Psychosis. I would seek some therapy and possibly medication to focus your perceptions more.
Sometimes hallucinations are not supernatural messages.

If the 'hallucinations' go away on the drugs then it was likely medical. If they remain after the medication then you might consider using meditation to isolate the reason you are seeing these things.

Pure Ahimsa
December 26th, 2004, 12:33 AM
Yeah, I do seem a little paranoid when I express myself, but I do not have schizophrenia, I just think that people are going to crazy about all the mental disorders. People say....oh (s)he has this or that just because the way people think...

DarkOrion
December 26th, 2004, 02:04 AM
I know that misdiagnosing mental disorders happens often when people apply pop-psychology to those things they have no direct experience with. This was not my intention.

My mother suffered from the same symptoms as you describe, and her psychiatrist diagnosed her as I mentioned above. Are you afraid to consult a psychiatrist about this?

9-2-2
December 26th, 2004, 03:03 AM
I don't know you well enough to say you're schizo or anything, but I do think you're paranoid to the point where you subconciously make yourself see things. Have you been stressed out? Incredibly depressed? Workaholic? Lost lots of sleep? Been angry a lot? These are only a few of the factors that can induce hallucinations and feelings of being watched. Deeply ingrained distrust can also cause these. Also, doing a lot of drugs didn't help, and can make them worse.
I'm not trying to diagnose you or send you over the edge, I'm just shedding some light on possible options that you may consider. Go ahead and try to see another doctor before making your own diagnosis. See several if you have to. This doesn't mean you're a whack-job, but you really need a professional opinion before making theories of psychic powers... not everything has a magickal root. :)

MoonDragn
December 27th, 2004, 02:25 PM
BTW that whole 10% of your brain thing is balony. what they mean to say is only 10% of your brain does what we THINK it does.. we really don't know about the rest... Science have yet to advance enough to really know that much about the human brain and I think everyone is unique to boot. So what ever you think (pun) you are, you are normal in your own special way.

Gwynna Star
December 28th, 2004, 10:18 AM
I've had similar occurances as well...

Sometimes I feel that I'm being watched. It doesn't happen often, just now and again. I do believe there's a kind of spirit world that collides with our own world at times. So it's not really surprising.

Some years ago a close friend of mine lost her Grandmother. Some months later I was home and suddenly knew that her Grandmother was there with me, and checking to see if I was okay. She was always very kind to me...

Also, I will get the chills when reading about the paranormal or even if I watch it on TV. I think this is a normal human response.

I've never been on Meds, and have not been diagnosed with paranoia, dementia, etc... I'm quite sure that I'm "sensitive" to the paranormal world.