September 16th, 2001, 08:44 PM
anyone ever heard of it?

Lilu
September 16th, 2001, 09:47 PM
nope, not me. where did you hear it?

Lilu

MistOfTheSea86
September 16th, 2001, 11:37 PM
From a friend of mine... I will have to ask her about it again... So i can get my Facts straight before I post it here

Lilu
September 17th, 2001, 10:37 AM
let us know when you find out more! I'm curious.

My first thoughts were "Gae" as in "Gaea" so some sort of study of gaea or "earth" worship?

But that's a really vague, unresearched guess ;)

Lilu

Danustouch
September 17th, 2001, 01:34 PM
Well..i've recently heard of a movement away from the term "Paganism"...and into "Gaeology"..or something to that effect...Gaianism..maybe? To define in a more clear way that it is an Earth Based Worship System, and to get away from the historical meaning of paganism. (from the country, etc).

Myst
September 17th, 2001, 01:50 PM
oh here we go with making up new words again :rolleyes: :D

Danustouch
September 17th, 2001, 01:52 PM
Oh FLIBBERTY WIDGIT!!!!!!!!! <---------made up word!

Swanspirit
September 17th, 2001, 01:55 PM
a word that Oberon Zell used to describe Goddess "worship" and GAIAology or GAEOLOGY seems to be very similar ..... if not just different spellings for the same concept.....but then again could be wrong.........sounds Celtic to me as well.........
Love and Light
Swannie

Myst
September 18th, 2001, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Danustouch
Oh FLIBBERTY WIDGIT!!!!!!!!! <---------made up word!

*giggle*

MistOfTheSea86
September 18th, 2001, 09:17 PM
I know its not something rooted in Celtic theology... What I do remember is that is originated in the 70's...

Ball-Bhreac Ron
September 28th, 2001, 01:55 PM
well, my first thought was something to do with Gaelic, as in gaeology, but if its not something Celtic, then I'm stumped, 'fraid...

MistOfTheSea86
September 30th, 2001, 03:43 PM
I am gonna try to explain it...

Well from what I heard it originated in the 70's, during the well... Hippy era you could say. And what it is islike a scientific way of looking at the goddess... Not as a spirit but as a living breathing being, and there is this one place called the flower land that is just filled with flowers... And the flowers noticed that when it got cold they would wilt, so they had to go dormant to survive(Winter, Autumn) and it would be real HOT so they had to conserve water (Summer) and there was one season that is just right (Spring).
Which is how the seasons came to be

Gaelogists also believe in energy and magic, but from yourself and from Gaea(Earth) And you can cast spells but unless you have done everything you could to help the situation Gaea wont think you need help and so she wont, and the spell May not work the way you wanted it too. NOw that I think about it.. hehe it is not that much different from paganism:)

Maggie
October 4th, 2001, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by MistOfTheSea86
I am gonna try to explain it...

Well from what I heard it originated in the 70's, during the well... Hippy era you could say. And what it is islike a scientific way of looking at the goddess... Not as a spirit but as a living breathing being, and there is this one place called the flower land that is just filled with flowers... And the flowers noticed that when it got cold they would wilt, so they had to go dormant to survive(Winter, Autumn) and it would be real HOT so they had to conserve water (Summer) and there was one season that is just right (Spring).
Which is how the seasons came to be

Gaelogists also believe in energy and magic, but from yourself and from Gaea(Earth) And you can cast spells but unless you have done everything you could to help the situation Gaea wont think you need help and so she wont, and the spell May not work the way you wanted it too. NOw that I think about it.. hehe it is not that much different from paganism:)

This actually sounds a bit like James Lovelock's Gaia Theory. Think that might be it?

Regards,

Maggie

MistOfTheSea86
October 4th, 2001, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by Maggie

This actually sounds a bit like James Lovelock's Gaia Theory. Think that might be it?

Regards,

Maggie

YES!!!! I think thats it!

Maggie
October 4th, 2001, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by MistOfTheSea86

YES!!!! I think thats it!

Okay, I think that's the one that considers the earth a self-regulating organism, forget whether or not he considers it sentient. I can't find that one right now, but I did come across another author, Robert Sheldrake, who wrote a New Science of Life. He's into morphic fields, believes that living organisms are shaped and maintained by what he calls morphogentic fields which are molded by the form and behaviour of past organisms of the same species. I've noticed that this one kinda gets a bit mixed into Lovelocks stuff these days but I really think Lovelock is the one you're talking about here, look for his stuff......

Regards,

Maggie

Danustouch
October 4th, 2001, 01:31 AM
Pulls out her Science Dictionary ...heheh.