PDA

View Full Version : Druid Resources and Links

Star
March 7th, 2001, 05:25 AM
hello,
I'm very interested in the Druid path and would like to learn more out of interest. However, I've not found any web sites that are particiularly useful. I was wondering if anyone could piont me in the right direction of some genuine resources; books, sites etc.
thanks in advance,
Blessings,
Star

Maggie
March 7th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Star
hello,
I'm very interested in the Druid path and would like to learn more out of interest. However, I've not found any web sites that are particiularly useful. I was wondering if anyone could piont me in the right direction of some genuine resources; books, sites etc.
thanks in advance,
Blessings,
Star

Try reading the threads here called Maggie's Question and Irish stuff. Maybe also the thread called The Term Druid..........

One good overview is Miranda Green's The World of the Druids. The ADF site (adf.org) has a good reading list slanted toward academics.

It also depends on how you define 'druid' and what kind of information you are looking for.....

Regards,

Maggie

Star
March 8th, 2001, 08:35 PM
thanks Maggie,
I'm just reading up on the spiritualism of Druidism, as a Pagan religion I believe it has a lot to offer me in my growth. Some stuff I have found has mentioned Celtic "Druid" Gods that I am familiar with and it is interesting looking at them from another religious perspective.
thanks again,
Blessings,
Star

Twig
March 11th, 2001, 11:15 AM
Heres the place for your druidic links. To keep it orderly, please post no more than 3 per post in the followng order.

the link itself

a SMALL description of the site.

Peace Y'all
Twig:elf:

Talyfox
March 19th, 2001, 05:55 AM
Try www.druidry.co.uk
and www.druidry.com

For the British Druid Order and the Order of Bards Ovates and Druids

Star
March 19th, 2001, 05:56 AM
thanks Talyfox!
Blessings,
Star

Talyfox
March 19th, 2001, 06:16 AM
Also there is a section on druids at www.pasturesnew.net and at www.witchcrawler.com Where I am the druid section moderator (shy grin)

Twig
March 20th, 2001, 05:49 AM
A Very good place for beginners to start their quest on druid history, beliefs, and differences. I have conversed with Cabe and he gives as excellent an account of druidry as any I have heard.

http://www.fatheroak.com/