PDA

View Full Version : First Chapters...

Yasmine Galenorn
January 6th, 2005, 08:09 PM
First chapters of Ghost of a Chance and Legend of the Jade Dragon are up on my site. Please read and abide by the copyright notices there--they are only there for people to read on line, with the permission of my publisher and with my own permission and aren't to be copied by any print or electronic medium.

Thought maybe that would give people a flavor or whether the books would be ones they'd like to read. (Note: I will only be doing this with my fiction).

Yazza
http://www.galenorn.com

BrigidMoon
January 6th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Wow, so far so good! Excellent site! I really enjoy the graphics. :)

Yasmine Galenorn
January 6th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Wow, so far so good! Excellent site! I really enjoy the graphics. :)

~grins~ I made 95% of the graphics myself...site takes a lot of work, but my readers like it and that's a good thing!

Yasmine

Aidron
January 7th, 2005, 02:06 AM
~grins~ I made 95% of the graphics myself...site takes a lot of work, but my readers like it and that's a good thing!

Yasmine

It has a very antique literary feel. Brings to mind images of people writing at old desk with oil lamps for hours on in with their quill and ink. ;)

Yasmine Galenorn
January 7th, 2005, 02:08 AM
It has a very antique literary feel. Brings to mind images of people writing at old desk with oil lamps for hours on in with their quill and ink. ;)

LOL...that was rather my intent. So I guess it worked. I love that image, as misplaced as it is from the reality. ~grins~

Yazza :colorful:

Aidron
January 7th, 2005, 02:22 AM
LOL...that was rather my intent. So I guess it worked. I love that image, as misplaced as it is from the reality. ~grins~

True, true. It is very deceptive. It makes you come across as beautiful when in reality, you're very beautiful. :tongueout

(Wonders how many brownie points he scored with that one and if he can exchange those for actual brownies. I'm on a chocolate binge, ignore me. _whistle_)

Yasmine Galenorn
January 7th, 2005, 11:05 AM
True, true. It is very deceptive. It makes you come across as beautiful when in reality, you're very beautiful. :tongueout

(Wonders how many brownie points he scored with that one and if he can exchange those for actual brownies. I'm on a chocolate binge, ignore me. _whistle_)

ROFL...well, thank you, sugar, but I meant the quill-and-ink image, not my picture! LOL, I didn't realize you were referring to the graphic on the front page...but yeah, my intent was that 'old-time rolltop desk feel' there, too.

How about if I send you a wheatfree brownie I made just last night through email? ~grins~

Yasmine :colorful:

Nighthawk
January 7th, 2005, 11:09 AM
Wow, really nice... but the book "Ghost of a chance" gets better then the first chapter as it goes. Really nice site, I sure hope it works for you. Anyone who likes mystery should read it.

Aidron
January 7th, 2005, 11:24 AM
ROFL...well, thank you, sugar, but I meant the quill-and-ink image, not my picture! LOL, I didn't realize you were referring to the graphic on the front page...but yeah, my intent was that 'old-time rolltop desk feel' there, too.

How about if I send you a wheatfree brownie I made just last night through email? ~grins~

Yasmine :colorful:

Mmmm, wheat-free brownie. You had me at 'brownie'. :T

Yasmine Galenorn
January 7th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Mmmm, wheat-free brownie. You had me at 'brownie'. :T

These are REALLY good....yum. Took a couple to my chiropractor this morning.

1 stick softened butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
3/4 cup rice milk (or regular milk if you can drink it...soy would work too)
1/2 cup white rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup unsweetened Swiss cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1 cup miniature chocolate chips

Using an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar till creamed. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium. Add rice milk and extracts. Beat well. Sift in dry ingredients. Beat for 1 minute on high. Stir in chocolate chips.

Pour into 7" X 10" or 8" X 8" baking dish that's been sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, then at 325 degrees for about 15 more minutes until middle springs back to the touch (or toothpick inserted comes out clean).

Immediately pour a thin layer of chocolate sauce--I use a corn syrup free ice cream topping--over the top and let cool.

Very good.