View Full Version : Opinions wanted :)

January 6th, 2005, 08:20 PM
I posted this in computers first, but I got no replies yet. I would just like some imput before I pat myself on the back and call it done... Thanks for leaving it here for a day or so. :)

I just need some opinions on the ease of use of this site, and maybe the design. However the graphics are there to stay, and yes they were created by me too.

I made this for a friend after creating her a subdomain on my own site.

I dabble in HTML... hand code and all that. Maybe one day, it will get bigger. Well, I know it will get bigger when I set myself up for hosting in a month or so. but anyway... Opinions on the site please. :)

this is the site I created for her... I think it is just simple and pleasant to look at. And she loves purple.

This is her old site on AOL, which she will be taking down. I found it to be gloomy, and well dark, just not really pleasing to look at. It was built with some kind of html editor that just completely ripped the code. Completely horrid coding. Something called Adobe GoLive 5. I have never heard of it. But anyway. The old one.

January 6th, 2005, 08:28 PM
I think it's easy to navigate and looks good.

One suggestion:
For the pages "still under construction" maybe you could indicate that in the link to that page (perhaps italics next to link) so that people don't click to go to an "empty" page. (just one of my pet peeves... :lol: )

January 6th, 2005, 08:43 PM
LOL, I would do that, but those links to pages that are kinda under the logo... are actually images :) So, I can't really. Although I could deactivate them. The pages aren't really under construction, she just has no events or specials going on at this time. I have the same thing on my site. I may have no events going on, but I have specials, or I have no specials, but there are shows upcomming. Stuff like that, I just thought it was easier to make them active, and then add info as she has it, and remove it as it becomes old.

munkeyz mumma
January 6th, 2005, 08:45 PM
looks good to me .. great job!

January 6th, 2005, 08:47 PM
WOW!!! That is awesome, Linx! I love it! I would definately go to that website! Very pretty, and ease of use is good! Well done! =) _handclapp

My only suggestion is on the contacts page... close the list tags </li>... that way, if you choose to have the address bulleted, all the address lines will fall into sync with each other instead of the 2nd and 3rd lines going back to the beginning below the bullet. =) It's always good to close all your tags... =)

January 6th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Awesome site :)

January 6th, 2005, 08:58 PM
LOL... the colors and such, almost make me want to redo mine... I like mine, it has grown on me, but it is not pretty colors, it is golds LOL

January 6th, 2005, 09:01 PM
I will also be working up a site ffor MsFireHaven (Kimmie). Here is the logo I made up for her. :)

January 6th, 2005, 09:06 PM
I will also be working up a site ffor MsFireHaven (Kimmie). Here is the logo I made up for her. :)

Yep, thats me!
I cant thank you enough for all your doing!

January 6th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Very lovely and apealing to the eye and easy to navigate!

January 7th, 2005, 01:26 AM
That is good!!