PDA

View Full Version : Goddess Aradia

Adrenaline Junkie
September 19th, 2001, 11:13 PM
I've always (since I first learned about her) been fascinated and attracted to her. (Get your mind out of the gutter, not in that way!) She reminds me of a protective big sister and always gives me that good feeling inside.

Anyone know what may cause something like this? Is Aradia calling out to me subconciouslly, or are her qualities the things I need in my life at this time?

Mairwen
September 20th, 2001, 01:12 AM
Sounds as if your Matron hand-picked you. Take some time to meditate about/with her. :D

Dria El
September 25th, 2001, 01:37 PM
Sounds like good advice to me. Have you done much research on her?

Adrenaline Junkie
September 25th, 2001, 11:17 PM
I've actually done a lot of research on her. Ever since I first learned of her, I was fascinated. Which now I know was her "call." That was 5 years ago, when I first started practicing/studying Wicca & Witchcraft. Thus since I was so fascinated I did lots of research. Shes a very strong Goddess indeed.

I have followed your advice Mairwen. I asked Aradia aloud what she was all about. And I've been having very vivid dreams lately. So far I've concluded that shes told me three things about herself. Shes all about freedom, happiness and magick. And these dreams were in the past three nights! I'm keeping my mind open so I can decipher all of her qualities, not just through dreams.

Adrenaline Junkie
September 29th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Bringing this thread into action again ;)

I was wondering if anyone knew a male counterpart that would blend with Aradia in ritual. Could Lucifer be fine as that was her father?

Adrenaline Junkie
October 8th, 2001, 03:36 PM
Let's bump this up.

Myst
October 8th, 2001, 08:43 PM
Ly de Angeles (author of one of my favourite Pagan books) works with Aradia and Cernunnos.

Adrenaline Junkie
October 8th, 2001, 11:04 PM
Thanks for replying.

Aradia and Cerunnos - that sounds like a werid pairing. What culture is Cerunnos from? I know Aradia is an Italian Goddess.

Myst
October 8th, 2001, 11:14 PM
Celtic, but it's not the first time I've seen them together - for instance, http://www.paganpride.it/rituale.html. As always you can mix and match anyway :)

Avena
October 12th, 2001, 04:18 AM
I've heard Aradia is sometimes associated with Herodias, femme fatale of the Christian Bible. Does anyone know more about this?

Myst
January 10th, 2002, 09:00 AM
This made me giggle a bit today.

I was looking through some info on Wicca (ie. not neo-Wicca) and found Gardnerian's BoS from 1949, wherein Aradia and Cernunnons are called to consecrate water.

So. That's where that came from :)