PDA

View Full Version : I want a kitten!!!

greenwitch
January 16th, 2005, 01:19 PM
okay, I live in the city. in an apartment. that I share with my dad. he's not that big on pets in the city, specifically dogs because he doesnt like the walking them and the picking up their business with a plastic bag because he hates the way it feels (I do too I must admit). but I love having animals! I cant stand not having any, I've always had a dog or a cat or something and then I move in with him, and there's none! I'm hoping that I can slowly convince him to let me have a kitten.... if I take care of it and pay for it and everything.... but i dont know where to start! does anyone have any ideas on how I may convince him to let me have a kitten?

Blessings!
Adra

halfwaynowhere
January 16th, 2005, 01:33 PM
you could always try the "people with pets generally live longer" bit... i'm not sure if it will work at all, it won't convince him for sure unless he's paranoid about death, but it might give him something to consider that will make him lean a bit more in your favor.

zakzekezedd
January 16th, 2005, 02:27 PM
There's always subterfuge......
*Sniff* *Sniff*..I miss having a pet sooooooooooooo much....
Then proceed to stick pictures of cute kitties everywhere........
if that doesn't work, there's always the ploy of bringing an adorable wee mite home (preferably on a day with really horrible weather) and the "It followed me home! I don't know where it lives." *Sniff* *Sniff* Poor darling kitty *Sniff* *Sniff*...(This one only works if your Dad is like mine an has a heart of pure marshmallow fluff ;) )
(Might do to check on the apartment's pet policy before you engage in any guerilla kitten tactics though..no point in trying to convince Dad that you need a kitten when you can't have one in the apartment or the deposit is a small fortune)

greenwitch
January 16th, 2005, 04:06 PM
if that doesn't work, there's always the ploy of bringing an adorable wee mite home (preferably on a day with really horrible weather) and the "It followed me home! I don't know where it lives." *Sniff* *Sniff* Poor darling kitty *Sniff* *Sniff*...(This one only works if your Dad is like mine an has a heart of pure marshmallow fluff ;) )
(Might do to check on the apartment's pet policy before you engage in any guerilla kitten tactics though..no point in trying to convince Dad that you need a kitten when you can't have one in the apartment or the deposit is a small fortune)

LOL hmmmm maybe I'll try that one.... no big big pets, like an overly huge dog or something in this building, small animals like cats and miny dogs and hamsters and stuff are ok...
hehe as long as I say that I want it bad enough it should work.... I dunno cuz its an animal so my dad might be weary....hmmmm I'll try it! lol I'm my daddy's baby girl, maybe this time just once I'll use it to my advantage!

Smiley Girl
January 16th, 2005, 04:53 PM
Tell him that he should let you have a kitten because if he doesn't you'll just keep bugging him and that you won't be his friend anymore and that you'll cry and call child support because you're getting depressed because he won't let you have a kitten... and everyone knows that animals help people overcome depression! :D

kissesree
January 16th, 2005, 04:56 PM
(Might do to check on the apartment's pet policy before you engage in any guerilla kitten tactics though..no point in trying to convince Dad that you need a kitten when you can't have one in the apartment or the deposit is a small fortune)the quivering lip has yet to let me down......