PDA

View Full Version : LESSON 4 - Rune Magick

SilverClaw
January 17th, 2005, 05:41 AM
Rune Magick

When using runes for magick you need to start off with making sure you know what your runes mean and what they can do in the way of magick. Also like any type of magick it does take time, practice and patience to master.

When doing these spells you need to know what your intent or purpose of your rune spell will be and, as mentioned above you need to be familiar with your runes enough to properly select the runes you will use, as well as the type of rune spell you will use..
In Rune magick there are three types of rune spells that can be used on their own or in conjunction with other types of magick.

Inscriptions
Rune scripts
Bind runes

Rune Inscriptions
Rune inscriptions are usually composed of one rune, and can be used in simple spells such as a wishing ceremony or things involving candle magick.

Rune Scripts
Rune scripts are usually composed of two or more runes lined in a row, that indicate a certain outcome by thoer postionioning.. Others say they are composed of 3, 5,7, or 9 runes and sometimes 11 and 13 runes. Whatever number of runes you use make your script remember not to overcrowd it, having a lot of runes in a script does not necessarily make it work better.

So before you make a rune script, get an idea of what you want to do first and based on your purpose then decide how many runes you want to use. Also make sure that you know why you choose the runes you did for your script.

Bind Runes
A bind rune is another way of using runes in magick, it usually consists of two or more runes joined together in a way. Usually when you make a bind rune you will see other runes appear in it to. Some say this if it is a rune that may conflict with your bind rune that you should try to join it another way, so that you can still achieve the intent of your spell work.

----
As already mentioned you will need to time to practie with these type of rune spells to see which method works best for you. So do not get discouraged if you do not see results right away, you will eventually.

SilverClaw
January 30th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Ok as I said in the first post, in order to make any type of rune spells you need to become familair with the runes and what each rune will do in a rune spell.

So I want you to meditate on the intent of a spell that you may want to do look for the apporoprite runes at the link below, once you do that I will then continue with the lesson.

http://www.tarahill.com/runes/runemean.html

Wolfscout1
February 4th, 2005, 12:01 PM
I'm not sure if this is what you wanted or not.
but since i'm going through fight with VA now intensely ,
i need a health and luck spell.
so i worked on this using net resources, Scott Cunningham's rune info, and my own to come up with this.
The attachment is the working document of what i ended up with.
lemme know if i'm close.

SilverClaw
February 4th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Sorry Wolf did not see your post here ...

SilverClaw
February 4th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Ok you said you used net resources, did you use the link posted in my previous post? I think you have the right Idea for this type of spell, however did you use Jera in it or is that just a note there ? Just want to make sure if it is there or not.

Wolfscout1
February 5th, 2005, 06:12 AM
Ok you said you used net resources, did you use the link posted in my previous post? I think you have the right Idea for this type of spell, however did you use Jera in it or is that just a note there ? Just want to make sure if it is there or not.

I had wanted Jera in/on it but have not figured out how to do it without it being tooo buzy yet. On the links, yes, plus some others i did searches for. >> ??

SilverClaw
February 5th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Ah thanks Wolf I did not think Jera was in there, but had to ask. Also Wolf this is where you may want to stay with one type of runes and meanings. Because otherwise it may cause confusion.

Clockwork_Eros
February 5th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Question for you Bran, I've read that when using the runes in bind runes it doesn't matter if you...tweak them a little. That being reversed, having changed angles, rotations, etc doesn't change the rune. Do you find this to be true, or not?

I have a protection spell lined up, blending the candle magic class and bind runes. I carved a bindrune onto a brittl clay rectangle about 2 inches by 3/4 of an inch. It has ended up looking like a little warrior. The spell involves crumbling the tablet into molten beeswax, which then forms the candle, scenting it, and burning it when needed.

A while ago I had asked about crumbling clay talismans or burning paper ones as a way to release their energies, and you'd asked me to wait off on it until we got to the part about Rune Magic. So, I guess I'm asking again.

(The runes on the warrior are tyr, for it's directive and offensive energies(success and victory), Thurisaz because it is an active defense, like a rose thorn, othel, because it is the shield, peorth for good luck-and also because it is a container, it can contain the negative energies/actions. The synergistic runes that formed from my juxtaposition of the main four are Gebo, which brings good luck, Dagaz, promises a positive outcome, hagalaz removes unwanted influences/adds energy to an active defense, nauthiz binds the negative energy/action, isa stops the process, algiz is protection, sowelo is success, eihwaz for confrontation, ehwaz helps send it, lagu helps ease the spell (greases the wheels in a sense).

Most of the secondary runes, or synergistic, or whatever you want to call them were formed on purpose, some however, I just noticed, but they all seem to add. (At least I think they do)

SilverClaw
February 5th, 2005, 02:03 PM
Gee nice to see you as for your question

Question for you Bran, I've read that when using the runes in bind runes it doesn't matter if you...tweak them a little. That being reversed, having changed angles, rotations, etc doesn't change the rune. Do you find this to be true, or not?
I do not think the position changes the rune.
The only way see anything changing the rune spell is if when you do a bind rune and in your design that another rune appears that may detract from it, but that is about it.

As for the rest of your post I will get back to it later via pm, right now i have to get going.

SilverClaw
February 6th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Here is an example of an rune script and a bind rune Rfwd as the basies for both Rune spells.

Rune script

Rfwd

R to bring change

F to bring change and achieving goals

W to motivate and complete task

D to bring a positive outcome

Bindrunes

This is using the same runes as above, and is still a wip.