PDA

View Full Version : Gaining more muscle

Adrenaline Junkie
September 22nd, 2001, 06:17 PM
I was just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on a diet that would aid me in getting more muscle. I've heard several theories - i.e. eat fat, eat lots of protein, etc etc. Thus I'm confused about how to go about this.

Thanks in advance...

Nyx
September 29th, 2001, 09:50 PM
I'm not so sure on diets, but I DO know that some people's bodies were not meant to gain lots of muscle. Different body types will react differently to weight training. Your best bet is to simply eat healthy and stay away from the suppliments and fad diets. Also, if you belong to a gym or club, ask the trainers for their advice. Or, you could call a nutritionist.
Those people may be better able to answer your questions.

Also, if you're going to lift, be careful with your shoulders!!!! There are a lot of BAD lifts out there that can really hurt them!

Sorry if that isn't much help. :huh: ;)

~~Nyx~~

mol
October 1st, 2001, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by paranoid punk
I was just wondering if anyone could give me any pointers on a diet that would aid me in getting more muscle. I've heard several theories - i.e. eat fat, eat lots of protein, etc etc. Thus I'm confused about how to go about this.

Thanks in advance...

Whats your budget?

Myst
October 1st, 2001, 11:06 PM
Before the supplements - eat right (that means 3 square meals a day or 5-7 smaller meals a day, fruits, veggies, protein, very few snack foods like chips or cheesies or soda), and exercise. That could just mean getting off your butt everyday to ride your bicycle, run, jog, play basketball, whatever.

If you don't start off eating right (3 square or 5-7 small) you will never gain muscle. Why? Your body, when you don't eat properly, will go in starvation mode. It will store everything you do eat as fat, regardless, and when it needs energy it will take it from your muscles first. 3 or 5-7 is not an absolute, but would be a good start - if you aren't eating more then a meal or two a day you will NOT gain muscle.

Then mol or other members etc. can help you. You could especially get help from mol or Hellfire (my husband, who is a body builder and member here) on what building regimen you could use and/or other supplements.