PDA

View Full Version : Queen of the Damned

Adrenaline Junkie
September 22nd, 2001, 06:20 PM
Just bought it for an english study unit. Am I in for a good read?
What are your thoughts on the book?

Lavender
September 23rd, 2001, 03:02 AM
Haven't come across this one yet. Who's the author?

Yvonne Belisle
September 23rd, 2001, 03:16 AM
Anne Rice if it's the one I'm thinking of. Love her work!!!

loopy
September 23rd, 2001, 10:28 AM
I very much liked this one. It's one of my favorites; I think it'll be a good read for your class. :)

amberlaine
September 23rd, 2001, 10:50 AM
I liked it, though in some parts I really thought it dragged. In general, however, I think it's a good story, and I really enjoyed that little Anne Rice twist at the end. It isn't my favorite of the vampire chornicles, simply because ther are so many characters involved in this piece that I didnt get to know any of them intimately, and when I read a story, I Want to know the people I"m dealing with inside and out. I want to know what motivates them, how they feel, what they think, how they move, etc. I love taking a trip inside their minds. I couldnt really do that with this piece.

Lilu
September 23rd, 2001, 11:39 AM
I found this book hard to get into - it seemed to just drag on and on at first - very slow reading, but once you do it's a fabulous book in my opinion.

BB
Lilu

slvr_phoenix
September 25th, 2001, 03:41 PM
It was alright, I guess. It ultimately proved to me though that Anne Rice has absolutely no concept of how to write action. She had absolutely perfect opportunities to spice the book up with a few detailed fight scenes, but she didn't do it. I was kind of bummed about that.

Adrenaline Junkie
September 25th, 2001, 09:55 PM
I actually have to pick a second book, so I'll be able to do a comparison. I would like to do another Anne Rice book, so the comparison would be easy. Suggestions?

Lilu
September 27th, 2001, 03:52 PM
Does it have to be an Anne Rice book?

Adrenaline Junkie
September 27th, 2001, 08:57 PM
Actually no. But I'd like to be able to compare the two easily. Two books by the same authour would be ample, but I'm open to any suggestions ;)