PDA

View Full Version : The Love Spell by Phyllis Curott

Kadynas
January 20th, 2005, 09:34 AM
Anyone else read this yet? I'm almost done with it... It's another story of her life for the most part, really interesting. Also the whole daemon lover thing is new to me... kinda a spin on the whole anima/animus thing in psychology. And I wish to heck I knew someone like Nonna; that woman's got a cute answer for everything! :lol:

Mostly though I really relate to her in this book... sometimes it seems like she's having the same thoughts I do!

Ben Trismegistus
January 20th, 2005, 11:42 AM
And I wish to heck I knew someone like Nonna; that woman's got a cute answer for everything! :lol:
She's every bit as much fun in real life.

Isa
January 20th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Anyone else read this yet?

Ah I want to~~ I'm waiting for it to show up in our library system ^_^ Though I'll probably wait to buy it when it comes out in paperback.

libragrrl
January 26th, 2005, 12:21 AM
She's every bit as much fun in real life.

oo I'm jealous! :p

Dark Phoenix
February 20th, 2005, 01:07 AM
I'm a good way through the book and I love it just as much as I loved Book of Shadows although they have a different feel.

Kadynas
February 21st, 2005, 01:45 PM
I think it was really brave for her to bare all her feelings like that. So many times throughout the book I just thought, "Wow I feel like I'm in the same place she was right now." I'd love to get a hold of her chart! :lol: It was a real inspiration to me, especially since I lack a coven to talk to about these kind of matters.

Where she seemed to have a thing for Dionysus types, I go for a more Apollo type myself though. :)

Isa
February 21st, 2005, 06:00 PM
You know I'm a huge fan of Ms Curott, her first book literally fell into my lap way back when the very first edition came out. I had just left the Catholic Church (not out of any spite or rebellion mind you ... just a ever widening gap between the divinity I felt and the divinity I was worshipping) and was kind of floating around unsure of how to define my beliefs. I read BoS and it spoke to me in a way very few Wiccan/Pagan books have since.

Nevertheless I was a bit ... unsure (see my above post ahahahahahaha!) about LS, largely because since reading BoS I have settled nicely into my own little path which is neither Wiccan nor goddess worshipping. I was worried that the difference would be too great, that I wouldn't be able to relate to the story in the same way and so I was reluctant to spend money on it.

Then last week I stumbled upon a copy in Strand and figured 'oh what the hell!' If nothing else it might be good V-Day reading. Once again it definitely spoke to me XD I think Ms Curott's talent is in presenting a variety of personal and philosophical issues ... everyone finds something to chew on.

While the idea of Dionysus worship still strike me as counterintuitive I am very happy to be wrong about the book itself ^O^ It was worth every single penny~

wintermagick
May 28th, 2006, 10:36 AM
I'm reading it now... very good, *very* erotic... but I'm not sure why the cover (or back cover, can't remember which) identifies it as a "fairy tale", for fairly tales have happy ending, and the end of the affair in this book was sad - and all too familiar.

Yeah... I skipped ahead to see how it would end!

rhinoa
February 26th, 2007, 12:16 PM
I have been thinking about getting this book and this is the first review I have seen of it. I have only read (and thoroughly enjoyed) Witch Crafting by her so far. I think I will give this a go as it seems people here enjoyed it.

Thanks!