PDA

View Full Version : What has your kid dont that made you smile?

Celtic Solstice
January 24th, 2005, 01:39 AM
Just thought this would be a fun one... I have a three year old and a one year old. I was singing itsy bitsy spider with him and miming the song... I did the spider with the thumb-pinky motion, and he started making crawling motions with his fingers as if it was crawling right up his body. I started laughing with delight and the one year old crawled over and started trying to do it too:

Aaaaahhhhhhh-rrrrrrrrrr-aaaah! Complete with his own version of the hand motions. Imagine a baby waving his hands in the air in random directions and bouncing up at down with a big grin as he sings: aaaahrrrraahhr-aaaaa - raaaaaain -aah!

Celtic Solstice

Pandoras
January 24th, 2005, 02:39 AM
Gabi, my 6-year-old niece, is hysterical. She says and does funny things all the time.

The other day, we drove by a building that had a sign that said Cuban Hebrews. My 8-year-old niece, Ingrid, asks, "What's a Cuban Hebrew?" Gabi responds in a very matter of fact way, "that's a Cuban that only eats plants."

I looked at my sister with this what?-face. My sister laughs and tells me Gabi was thinking "herbivore." So I make a comment about it and we all laugh and Gabi says, "oh, everybody's a comedian."

Faery-Wings
January 24th, 2005, 08:04 AM
My daughter is 6. She was learnign about Martin Luther King in school. One night she asks hubby and I, how many wives did MLK have? We told her, just one. She then tells us... No. Why did he keep chopping his wives heads off? :hairraise:
After a few more questions, we realized that she somehow she got MLK and King Henry VIII mixed up!

MorningDove030202
January 24th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Vincent is almost 3 and he asks for Chinese Food and Egg Soup (Egg drop soup) all the time, it's so cute. We eat at this chinese buffet once a weekend and he loves it.

Dove

WaywardSun
January 24th, 2005, 02:05 PM
My fiance was in the bathroom and our daughter walked in and said

"You want some answers Mama?"
"Okay," she said jokingly "Whats the meaning of life?"
our daughter thinking hard "The meaning of life is, you need to be careful...because Oobi's room is right in there."

Oobi is the family dog that sleeps in the extra bedroom.

Celtic Solstice
January 24th, 2005, 05:02 PM
*chuckle* I decided to give that one a try-- I asked my three year old:

ME: What's the meaning of life?
HIM: Hm. Tell me.
ME: I don't know. What do *you* think it is?
HIM: Hm. I think it is that light going everywhere.

(He was playing with a flashlight and directing it on the walls around the room, when I asked him the question) :hahugh:

Celtic Solstice

Dio
January 24th, 2005, 08:13 PM
When I'm holding my 6 month old, he'll look at me, grab me by the hair with both hands, and say "Aughghghhrrrr" all the while trying to eat my face. It's almost like his way of saying..."mom, I love you so much, I could eat you up!"

I laugh hysterically when he does it :crylaugh:

Lady Khaibit
January 25th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I was replacing the liquid hand soap in the bathroom, and my oldest, Nerissa Isadora, came in and said..."Mommy, are you putting more soap in there so I can wash my hands?" Isaid yes and then she hugged onto my leg and said "Thanks mommy you're the best mommy ever!". I got all teary eyed. Isabella Tesinisis, my 15 month old always blows me kisses and says " hi mommy" and then she'll give me a kiss and smile. Her grin always lifts my mood!!

manicfairy19
January 28th, 2005, 02:22 PM
I dont have children of my own yet, but until I left for college I helped raise my sister's kids. I am closest to andy because he's the oldest and Ive been around him more. Ethan the next one was born my senior year of highschool, so I only spent one year with him and Miss Marissa is the youngest so I dont know her very well (She turns one in february)

But anyways Andy said something on Christmas that made me cry and smile at the same time. I was putting him to bed so "santa" could come and bring him presents. He looked up at me and said "Aunt Amy I already got my best present." I was confused because on christmas eve they open two presents. Pajamas and a Book. I know he loves books but I was surprised by this. So I asked him what it was, he looked at me and said "you" Throwing his little arms around my neck. I started to cry. This was the first time I had been home since July for one of his Teeball games. He must have missed me so much!

zehava
January 28th, 2005, 03:46 PM
aw man, EVERY DAY my son does something goofy that makes me laugh and EVERY DAY i forget to write it down so i'll remember it, well, forever. he is my little clown.

the other day the kidlets were TOO quiet and kept running into the bathroom to check themselves out... they had put temporary tattoos on eachother's foreheads. bug tattoos. to freak me out and make me think they were 'infested'. ROFL. they still have remnants of those tattoos on their foreheads today and i started calling them 'tattooface' (as in 'hey, tattoofaces, whatchya up to?') - my daughter shoots back at me 'hey peanutbuttercup!' (from the movie 50 first dates) LOL

-z

Tzhebee
January 28th, 2005, 04:21 PM
A few weeks ago, my older three kids took the top off of thier plastic toy box and proceeded to use it as a "sled"....down the stairs into the basement! I told them it was fine, but that if they were going to do something that dangerous nad if they broke a leg, I didn't want to hear them cry. :lol: So they proceeded to collect every pillow in the house and put them at the bottom of the stairs.

Just the other night, my 19 month old is in the kitchen and gets his hands on a cookie sheet. He proceeds to walk the cookie sheet to the top of the stairs, sit on it and start scooting his way toward the stairs! I'm simultaniously freaking out and laughing hysterically at the same time.

But, he was awfully upset that I didn't let him slide down, so he shook his little finger at me with a scowl on this face and said "no no". :lol:

ravenmyst
January 29th, 2005, 01:00 PM
once I was REAL frustrated with my daughter and I yelled where was your brain?????? she went... hmmm, think I left it on my pillow this morning, let me go check! I forgot any frustration and just cracked up. Now thats a great way to end a situation :))

ravenmyst
January 29th, 2005, 01:03 PM
and there was the time my son was eating the spagetti, sneezed and a piece came out both nose and mouth!!! which way do you pull???

soilsigh aingeal
January 29th, 2005, 01:51 PM
My kids both did itsy bitsy spider by one year old, I constantly sang that song to them, with the hand motions. that's just the coolest thing ever, that they can pick that up so young.

Ravyn Sylverwyng
January 30th, 2005, 01:17 AM
Mine has to be my son's definition of diareah. It is poo that feels like water that come out of your butt. I laughed so hard that I hurt over that one. He is six.

manicfairy19
January 30th, 2005, 01:45 AM
Mine has to be my son's definition of diareah. It is poo that feels like water that come out of your butt. I laughed so hard that I hurt over that one. He is six.

My nephew calls diareah the "poopmelts"