PDA

View Full Version : Welcome, Phyllis Curott!

mol
January 25th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Lets give a warm welcome to Ms. Curott....who is currently out on a book tour but will joining us shortly. :D

mol
January 25th, 2005, 12:00 PM
Here is her website:

http://www.phylliscurott.com/

DebLipp
January 25th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Hey, Phyllis, fancy meeting you here!

WandererInGray
January 25th, 2005, 12:33 PM
*waves* Hey Phyllis! Welcome to MW.
I quite enjoyed your first book, unfortunately haven't had a chance to get to the others yet.

Dawa Lhamo
January 25th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Welcome to MW! :wave: (Hope your book tour is going well!)

Tashi delek!
Dawa Lhamo

CaitrionaMorgaine
January 25th, 2005, 08:34 PM
How awesome! I am re-reading BOS for the (Goddess knows how many)-ith time this week.

Glad to have you with us here at Mystic Wicks, Phyllis Curott!

Avalon's Blessings, ~Rhiannon

Cinnamon Girl
January 25th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Hello and welcome! :wave:

Verthandi
January 25th, 2005, 11:41 PM
:welcome:

Rhaevyn
January 25th, 2005, 11:56 PM
Welcome to Mystic Wicks! :welcome:

libragrrl
January 26th, 2005, 12:05 AM
YAY! Very happy to hear this!! :D WELCOME!

WickedBttrfly
January 26th, 2005, 12:09 AM
Welcome to MW!! :steppy: _happydanc _travolta_ :acheeer: :weirdsmil

I have your book "Witchcrafting". Actually I'm reading it right now. It's one of my favorites!! I hope you like it here.

Kadynas
January 26th, 2005, 10:03 PM
:welcome:

Just finished the Love Spell so now I've read all 3 of your books. :) I think what I like the most about them is that there's not much out there in the way of "my life as a witch" true stories, you know? As a solitary, I sometimes feel isolated; if it weren't for MW I don't know what I'd do! :) I've found it fascinating to read about your life and experiences and look forward to pestering you with questions as this forum grows. :lol:

Mithrea
January 27th, 2005, 12:18 AM
Welcome :) We are happy to have you join us!

Yasmine Galenorn
January 27th, 2005, 12:53 AM
Welcome to Author's Row! Dive in and test the waters. :)

Yasmine :colorful:

Gede
January 27th, 2005, 05:06 AM
MM~
Welcome to MysticWicks Phyllis! How awesome is this! :p I love Book of Shadows and have read it several times! It made me feel so at home, and there is a distinct energy that arises from it as if I'm entering a different world. I haven't read your other books yet but hope to soon! Glad to see you here!

Namaste, Gede...

RubyRose
January 27th, 2005, 06:08 AM
Hi. Welcome to Mystic Wicks :wave:

Lisa Di Dio
January 27th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Welcome, Phyllis! MysticWicks is a great community and treat authors very well!

I loved Witchcrafting - my coven worked with it for a year and found it very helpful. We've been working together for 6 years and most of us have been on the path far longer, but we appreciated revisiting the basics from our current perspectives. Thanks for that! :thewave:

Lisa

Kaylara
January 27th, 2005, 02:11 PM
Welcome to MW Phyllis! I hope that you enjoy it here! :)

Gala
February 6th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Welcome Phyllis, I've read your books. Very interesting and made me a little braver about being "out" than I was.

Phyllis Curott
February 8th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Lets give a warm welcome to Ms. Curott....who is currently out on a book tour but will joining us shortly. :D
:blowcandl
Thank you all so much for the very kind welcomes! I take it as propitious that I'm finally arriving here on my birthday!

Which we'll be celebrating at Coliseum Bookstore tomorrow, Feb. 9, 6 - 8 pm. (42d St and 6th Ave) with cake and a booksigning, hopefully some sort of unexpected mischief, and some very cool people. So, if anyone's in the New York neighborhood, PLEASE come by!

And before I forget, if you're in LA, I'll be giving a talk on Saturday, Feb. 12 at the Conscious Life Expo at 4 pm. Would LOVE to see anyone who can make it!

I'll be on tour for the rest of the year - tiring but inspiring. So I won't be able to respond with regularity, but I'll certainly be checking in as often as I can!

And thanks for all the support - it really means a lot!

blessings, Phyllis

purple orchid
February 8th, 2005, 01:05 PM
Hi phyllis :)

I was wondering if you were coming to NJ any time this yr?
BB
Terry

purple orchid
February 8th, 2005, 01:08 PM
aww :( nope

Isa
February 9th, 2005, 12:48 AM
WOW O.O Seriously? Only my favorite Pagan author XD XD XD *happiness*

Aidron
February 9th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Welcome, welcome. I recall seeing you on T.V. a few years ago and being fairly impressed. ;)

Phyllis Curott
February 10th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Hey, Phyllis, fancy meeting you here!
Hey Deb,

Thanks for the greeting!

So nice to find you here - and to find your responses to some criticism. Thanks very much. You've probably been in this spot - and it's so tough. People hear rumors, repeat them, have no idea who you are or what your life or motivations or work is really all about, but they judge. It can be very disheartening, but I just remind myself it comes with the turf. It was one reason I kept a low profile for so many years - didn't want to have to deal with it. (Just give me the work to do and then I'm going back to my cave.) But I've dealt with way worse - usually from the fundies. I love what I do, know why I do it, and am blessed to have the chance, and the people who dig it. Best of all, there are such amazing people at every signing, who email or write to say that BoS or WC of TLS has changed their lives. And folks like you and all the other kind folks on this site and "out there." That makes everything worth it.

BIG hug,
P

Phyllis Curott
February 10th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Hi phyllis :)

I was wondering if you were coming to NJ any time this yr?
BB
Terry

He there:

Actually, there's a chance I may be giving a talk at Drew University on March 23. We're waiting for a confirmation. If so, it'll get posted with all the info on the webiste.

I'm running around the rest of this month, but have time in March and April to work on scheduling more booksignings. I'm planning to do as many as possible on the East Coast, and if you've read my books you know I've got a love affair going with Jersey. Any recommendations of stores that I could contact to set up a booksigning would be very helpful. Thanks! And thanks for the warm greeting!

P

mol
February 10th, 2005, 05:18 PM
Good to see you, Phyllis! :) Welcome to MW.

BrigidMoon
February 10th, 2005, 05:19 PM
Welcome to MW :)

Ben Trismegistus
February 10th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Hi Phyllis - long time no see :) This is Ben from New York, a member of one of your hive covens... I'm the opera singer. We last saw each other at the NY PPD a few years ago.

Glad to hear you're doing well, and that the new book is successful. Welcome to MysticWicks!

blackroseivy
February 10th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Wow, I couldn't believe it when I saw the name!!! "Book of Shadows" really influenced me - I'm Druidic, but the principles always apply. The imagery was so vivid, I still remember specific scenes to this day - I only read it once, & it was when it was brand new! I even have "Witch Crafting" on my shelf, despite the different creed it expresses; I still find so much that's worthwhile in it. (I was basically Wiccan for a long time before I realized I was really a Druid.) I may go on to write my own story, after having been inspired! :D

amberwolf
February 10th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Merry meet and welcome its good to see you here I found your books most refreshing are you ever comming to England on a tour?

Dark Phoenix
February 16th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Welcome to MW Phyllis, BoS was the first book I picked up when I started down my path and I love your other two books as well.

serenarian
July 3rd, 2006, 07:27 AM
Hi Phyllis, I've just finished reading Book of Shadows and it's wonderful, so inspiring. I'm really pleased to see you on MW and hope you'll be coming to Wales one day! :D Welcome to the board.

Azhria Lilu
August 11th, 2006, 06:35 PM
As has already been said many times in this thread - I've found your books inspring and a joy to read. Many a time I nudged my other half with the words "listen to this" while reading Witchcrafting and him have to listen to me read something you'd said that struck a chord.

Lovely to see you - hope you get over to the UK sometime!