PDA

View Full Version : "Drawing Down The Moon" by Margot Adler

Sequoia
September 26th, 2001, 02:44 AM
^__^ I have heard this book suggested several times (at least, I think it was this one), and I managed to find it in my college library!!! YAAY so now I'm reading it. And once I finish it, I'm going to have my father read it too. . . . he's kinda weirded-out/annoyed with me being pagan, so I figure maybe it'll clear up some misconceptions he has. (I mean, there are some things that are just difficult to explain, plus it's nice having annother source instead of just my word, you know?)

loopy
September 26th, 2001, 10:54 AM
I liked "Drawing Down the Moon," what I've read of it at least (a little more than half) I think it's a little technical at times, so it's not as gripping as other books, but it's a good, interesting read. I'm still trying to plan a day to just sit down and finish the darn thing. :)

Myst
September 26th, 2001, 12:58 PM
Is it more of a personal account or more of an intro to Paganism for newbies or..?

Emy
September 26th, 2001, 01:06 PM
I haven't read the whole book...
but I wouldn't call it a book for newbies... not from what I have read of it... :)

Blessings

loopy
September 26th, 2001, 01:29 PM
It's like... it's got history of modern Wicca, research and such on Witchcraft terms like "Pagan," "Witch," etc... debate about Margaret Murray and her theories, modern feminism, some personal stuff, a survey with lots of witches, an interview with one... it's like a big encyclopedic cauldron of facts.