PDA

View Full Version : How The Right-Wing Controls The Media

Earth Walker
September 30th, 2001, 02:42 AM
http://gwbush.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=001836

Swanspirit
September 30th, 2001, 02:53 AM
Refreshing to hear someone upholding the right to free speech in this country...... horrible to know you can lose your job for it ......
I love the quote about the free press not presenting the TRUTH in ONE editorial in one instant........ and this is positively scary......
Silence breeds Tyranny

"...all Americans need to watch what they say, watch what they do,
and this is not a time for remarks like that; there never is." Ari
Fleischer, Bush Press Secretary
We should "edit" our opinions to suit the current administration??? as IF they EVER edit theirs no matter what is going on???
Thanks Mystique.........again......
Love and Light
Swannie

Myst
September 30th, 2001, 12:55 PM
Oh I see, so since the guy said something about Bush and an editor apologized (even tho he's been known to say inappropriate things before, and even tho the publisher said that wasn't the reason) we *must* assume that's why he was fired. Uhhuh.

GoddessofWisdom
October 1st, 2001, 09:43 PM
IF what you assume is true, then the reporter could have sued for MILLIONS.......................gee kinda makes you wonder why he didn't huh?

Xander67
October 1st, 2001, 10:10 PM
should not apply to LIES and Deliberate slander...

dissinformation has its place of course but I dont think it should be used at a time when we should be focusing on healing and being UNITED
Xander

BrightStar
October 3rd, 2001, 05:56 PM
Hi all!
I studied about this trend in many of my Poli Sci classes.The media is owned by big business,and big biz is not liberal.Some of the reporters may be,but the editors and Presidents of the huge conglomerates that own our networks,magazines,and newspapers are a conservative bunch.They really started laying off of Ray gun around 1982.
Here,in the Oklahoma City area,we haven't had a liberal press in decades.Our network affiliates and Daily Oklahoman newspaper are so conservative it's awful.(to me,anyway)We've been studied by the journalism schools at Columbia and Dartmouth and were declared the most Conservative newspaper and news shows in the whole USA.The newspaper editorials have a decided rightward slant,no liberals are hired.We temporarily had a "moderate" editor,but he was fired for attempting a series of articles on Karen Silkwood and Kerr-McGee,and this was in the late '90s,20 years after the original events.
Peace and Love
BrightStar

Illuminatus
October 4th, 2001, 10:36 AM
Trust me, It's very different in New York. Liberal is very much "in" there.

Though I can't say that's true of late, what with the terrorism and what not... Even the most liberal of radio shows (Howard Stern for one) has thrown their lot in with the conservative viewpoint, at least the in the "pro-military" department.

- Ill