PDA

View Full Version : What are your thoughts on Ashcroft?

Faery-Wings
October 1st, 2001, 07:09 AM
I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I am curious as to how all of you see this man. Since the very beginiing, he has been the "gloom and doom" man. Everything that comes out of his mouth is frightening. Take the flying situation. Bush is telling us that it is safe to fly. Friday Ashcroft says:

"We think that there is a very serious threat of additional problems now, and frankly, as the United States responds, that threat may escalate," Ashcroft said on CBS' Face the Nation.

"We have not been able to rule out plans for hijacking additional aircraft," he added.

Ashcroft has also said we are in "clear and present danger."

Ok, so who to believe?

Part of me feels that Ashcroft is correct and we do need to be aware of the dangers. Then there is another part of me that feels he is deliberately pushing the fear factor on this. Possibly to get some questionable legislation through? I don't know. I am a pretty non- political person myself. All I know is that there is something about him I don't trust.

What do all of you think about him?

Chris

Illuminatus
October 1st, 2001, 02:38 PM
Ashcroft is bad news. Janet Reno was no saint, but this guy is going to go the extra mile to strip away every civil liberty you can shake a stick at. His appointment was almost voted down by congress, and for very good reason.