PDA

View Full Version : some of my photos

fiaran_flynn
February 15th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Here are a few of my photos...I'd be grateful for some input on their composition, etc. I'm pretty much a newbie to photography. hope you like. :lookwhats

skyler
February 20th, 2005, 12:33 AM
I like 'em!

The third one is beautiful.. I myself love taking pics like that one.
very nice :)

edited because I just realized you wanted input.. well, I'm no pro or anything but I love photography and analyzing pictures. I really like the third one because black and white pics always, at least to me, suggest some sort of sadness and lack of closure of something, you know? They have so much meaning and leave a lot to the imagination. Hope that helped to whatever.. hehe
:)

fiaran_flynn
February 22nd, 2005, 04:43 PM
actually, yes it does help. I like BW photos better than color most of the time. I was explining my like of BW photos the otherday. In my opinion, putting aphoto into BW strips it of distraction, the brightnoess of colors can be distracting and seem somewhat superficial. Color in some ways can mask flaws. I feel that when photographing people in BW, that you are not only showing the person, how they look, but you are also showing something of their personality. You pay more attention to the expression on their face, to the tilt of the head the position of a hand. In short it makes the viewer look more in depth at the image. Also, I think that if a persons personality, if strong enough seems stronger in bw photos.