PDA

View Full Version : Class?

*GrumpButt*
February 18th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Is there a class on Reiki aready on MW?

If not, I wonder if we might, maybe, hehe, could get one going?

I have never read a thing on Reiki untill I saw Mol's Welcome post for this forum. And it sounds like soemthing I woulod really enjoy trying.

Just wondering if anyone else has the same notion?

Or is this a dumb post b/c we already havea class somewhere? :alol:

SilverClaw
February 18th, 2005, 02:51 PM
ihave been learnign about it almost 3 years now but still could benefit from a class, not sure but i do not think there is a class.

arctic splash
February 18th, 2005, 03:00 PM
What would a class entail, exactly?

Any suggestions?

Would you like to learn about Reiki first-aid, and good hand positions for particular ailments?

How to make Reiki more powerful by using it along with other healing techniques?

Magic and Reiki?

Distance healing techniques?

I've never heard of a Reiki class that didn't come with an attunement. I know some people here don't like distance attunements. (I don't mind them but I think in-person attunements are more fun and better for confidence). I myself would do it because I think everyone who wants to heal should be able to do so. There should be more healers in the world.

KEishin
February 18th, 2005, 03:14 PM
I can teach, but I'm not comfortable doing attunements over the Internet (personal bias).
So if there are folks here below who would like to trade tips and techniques with me, I'm all for it.

~ Keishin

arctic splash
February 18th, 2005, 03:28 PM
I think the best way to 'learn about Reiki' is to be open and share tips and techniques with others. :) Have the students be creative and come up with their own ways of sending energy with intention. The biggest obstacle that needs to be overcome, I think, is usually lack of confidence... which impedes creativity.

I am comfortable giving Level 1 Shamballa or Kundalini Reiki attunements distance to people who are sure it is right for them (both the traditions and the distance) and who will in exchange donate to MW. This includes those who have already taken traditional Reiki.

Lady Jade
February 19th, 2005, 11:16 PM
There is a chakra class, which Reiki is based on. That is a great start.

Mnemosyne
February 20th, 2005, 02:18 AM
I would be interested in taking a reiki class. :boing: I've been interested in it for a few years now.

~Elise~
February 20th, 2005, 12:41 PM
There is a chakra class, which Reiki is based on. That is a great start.
I don't see Reiki as being based on the Chakras. The only thing in common is that the hand positions, in the Western teachings, follow the chakras.
Other than that there is nothing about chakras in Reiki. At least the way I teach it.

JMO and YMMV

Elise

arctic splash
February 20th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Reiki and chakras are both very connected for me. This is because I distinctly experience each chakra and the feelings associated with them, so when I do Reiki I'm always thinking about the chakras. (I have a more difficult time with the Chinese energy centres because I can't experience them distinctly.)

I always thought of the hand positions as common sense guidelines. I never think about the hand positions, but simply intuitively place my hands or decide which chakras I want to work on.

Lady Jade
March 2nd, 2005, 10:38 PM
I don't see Reiki as being based on the Chakras. The only thing in common is that the hand positions, in the Western teachings, follow the chakras.
Other than that there is nothing about chakras in Reiki. At least the way I teach it.

JMO and YMMV

Elise

Wow! Reiki and the chakras are very connected for me. Reiki being energy work that manipulates the chakras, reading what the chakra's condition is and physical/emotional disturbances of it...color, clarity, speed, rotation each help diagnose a chakra's ailment.

I guess I can see Reiki being employed without the chakras coming into play since the Reiki goes where it is supposed to go without any direction. The healer is just an open channel/portal for the Reiki to travel through.

I encourage you to try using the information each chakra has to offer in your Reiki practice. Personally, I believe that Reiki and chakras are tied to one another 100%. JMHO

~Elise~
March 3rd, 2005, 10:44 AM
It is only in the Western world that Reiki has anything to do with the chakras at all. In Traditional Japanese Reiki the hand positions do not correspond with the chakras at all.

While the hand positions for Western Reiki follow the main chakras, and healing does occur when you use Reiki... Reiki is a healing system complete unto itself and while it meshs well with other modalities, it does not rely on the chakras to do its work.

I also practice other healing modalities, but have been a teaching Reiki master for 8 years now, it does not have to use the chakras to function or heal properly.

I do chakra work all the time on clients, but it is not because of my Reiki that it works or is effective. It just works along with it.

JMO and YMMV

Elise

Syrena
March 3rd, 2005, 11:33 AM
When I teach my students, I introduce the chakras, but I mention to them that you don't need to have a knowledge of the chakras to practice Reiki. However, it is practical to do so, and I recommend it.

During sessions, though it isn't necessary for basic Reiki, I also do chakra balancing and work with energy flows and blockages. It really does make for a more knowledgable and efficient practice of doing any type of energy work to learn about chakras, auric levels, and energy flows.

Blessed Be!
Syrena

Earthy
March 3rd, 2005, 05:29 PM
Wow...i'd love to learn more.

Kalika
March 9th, 2005, 10:38 PM
There is a healing class here on MW in the COT. (BrigidMoon and I are the teachers. )

Basic Reiki will be included in the round starting March 19th, if you are interested. :) We'll be covering several different types of healing, including Imagery, Herbal, Crystal, Astral, Tarot, and Reiki.

I think there may also be an actual Reiki class going on now, but I am not positive of that.