PDA

View Full Version : Cute Big CHUNKY Baby!

wintermagick
February 22nd, 2005, 01:03 PM
My daughter had an apointment with her pediatrician yesterday. It has been five weeks since her last one and she has gained over four pounds in that time... putting her at 12 lbs 12 oz at only seven weeks old. (See attatched photo). The doctor assured me that her weight gain is normal (not too much) but is it really?

_cloud9_

Darakash
February 22nd, 2005, 01:09 PM
My daughter had an apointment with her pediatrician yesterday. It has been five weeks since her last one and she has gained over four pounds in that time... putting her at 12 lbs 12 oz at only seven weeks old. (See attatched photo). The doctor assured me that her weight gain is normal (not too much) but is it really?

_cloud9_

Seems normal to me! You will find that she will grow out then up, out then up...for a while now! I have pics of my daughter during one period (around 6-7 months old) where she looks like a football player! But by 8 months her height had caught up and she looked svelt again!
DK

Raven Reed
February 22nd, 2005, 01:48 PM
My babies were huge. They had rolls. Everyone fussed. *rolls eyes*

My first one was almost 11 pounds at birth and he stayed in the top range until he was about two. Now at 14, he is petite and kinda short for his age.

My second was 9.5 pounds and he was a chunker too. Now, at almost 13, he is the smallest in his class. *shrug*

I wouldn't worry a bit.

FlyingBear
February 22nd, 2005, 10:52 PM
Each child grows at their own rate. Try not to adhere to what those damned charts say cause it will make you crazy. My DD is 19lbs and 30 inches long at 13 months old. She's long and thin, but eats like a horse! She's also still breast feeding and very healthy.

Trust the instincts that Mama Nature gave you. If something is off, you'll know! In the mean while, enjoy that yummy baby!

:tub:

Sothis*Crowfeather
February 23rd, 2005, 05:11 PM
awww big fat Willow! :hearthear

wintermagick
February 23rd, 2005, 11:57 PM
Yup... Willow is so far not so "willowy". Thanks for the imput everyone... I can stop worrying I guess.

soilsigh aingeal
February 23rd, 2005, 11:58 PM
She's beautiful! My daughter grew really fast in her first few months and then slowed down after six months, I think. I remember at 8 weeks she was over 12lbs. Now I have a hard time with pants that fit her because she's thinned out so much

farm girl
February 25th, 2005, 12:58 PM

LadyTrinity
February 25th, 2005, 01:07 PM
12 lbs at 7 weeks? wow! my son is almost 17 months and he is about 22 lbs :lol:

ObsidianSunrise
February 26th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Willow is just fine! I would probably been worried if my kids didn't gain that kind of weight at her age. As Darakash said, they go through these little outwards and then upwards spurts all the time they are growing. So don't stress about her weight.

And she is getting cuter all the time!!! :thumbsup:

~*Ginger*~
February 26th, 2005, 09:33 AM
awww!
Such a cutie, with those sweet little cheeks, she'd make any of us want to pick her up and get neck sugar!

She's adorable!

Yeah, let the Dr's worry over their strict little chart, enjoy your little bundle of love!

She'll be just fine.

wintermagick
February 27th, 2005, 09:18 AM
:ballonsmi :ballonsmi :ballonsmi