PDA

View Full Version : Detox Cleansing!

Silver Venus
October 3rd, 2001, 09:47 AM
Hiya all! :)
As I received my first Reiki1 attunement last Friday I am on a 21 day Cleansing cycle at the moment. & this has got me thinking...

Have you followed a detox/cleansing plan before? What did this intial ~ fruit and Veggies.. ?.. and how did you feel during and afterwards? :) & did this relate to your energy and energy senses in anyway?

I have never followed a detox/cleansing plan before but the last day or so Ive been thinking about doing one with Fruit and Veggies ~ can anyone give me any suggestions and tips :)

Im really interested :sunny:

Myst
October 3rd, 2001, 03:40 PM
Sounds neat Silver. Lately I've been readin MZB's books where it's mentioned that the Priestesses stay away from meat and other foods at certain times because then it is easier for them to attune to their higher selves or reach magickal goals.

However, me without meat would be a bad, bad thing. Sorry, if I tried to go a day without meat I'd end up a very angry miserable feeling person. Good luck with that :)

loopy
October 3rd, 2001, 03:47 PM
Silver-- willowfairy's thread has some good suggestions for non-meat-eating people:

http://www.mysticwicks.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6071

on how to maintain a healthy diet while eating no meat, if that helps. :)

Silver Venus
October 4th, 2001, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by Willow Raven
Sounds neat Silver. Lately I've been readin MZB's books where it's mentioned that the Priestesses stay away from meat and other foods at certain times because then it is easier for them to attune to their higher selves or reach magickal goals.

Thanks Will and Loo! That thread had some really good advice! :)

Blonde time ~ Who's MZB? :p

What you said about the Priestesses really rang out loud to me :D at the moment because of Reiki I think.

I dont really eat meat at all ~ unless I get a very rare craving then I do ... so fish, veggies, fruit, diary and carbo's make up my diet :mmm:

But as I said.. Id like to try a week with only fruit or/and veg and wondered if anyone here knows of any energy or magickal detox plans? I know that sounds silly ~ make it up ~ everyones probally going to say!
I just wanted to know if anyone else here goes through these stages? & what they eat/drink.. & what all the history or info behind it all now....

Say ~ Do you believe that eating no meat will attune you to your higher self, increase your energy and help magick?

BB

Laiste
October 6th, 2001, 01:04 AM
Check out this site...there is a lot of information about detoxing your system.

http:/www.detox.org (http://www.detox.org)

I am going to do this once I recover from bronchitis. I am on albuterol...nasty stuff!!! I am supposed to take 6mg a day and I can only handle 2mg. It totally flips me out and I am wired and nervous to the point that I am almost walking in circles. I tried to go the natural route but the illness got the best of me! I need to quit smoking and get healthy again. I think detox will be the best jump start I can get.

Dagda Moon~Lily
October 7th, 2001, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Silver Venus

Blonde time ~ Who's MZB? :p

My guess....Marion Zimmer Bradley. (Pagan "Sci-Fi" author, Mists of Avalon) ;)

Silver Venus
October 8th, 2001, 05:08 AM
Thanks for the site Laiste! Im going to go and have a further look at it now..
Bronchitis is really yucky ~ hope you recover very soon :sunny:

& Thanks for the Author Dagda! Ill look out for her books when Im in Boarders next..

Shy Hawk
October 13th, 2001, 10:45 PM
Hmm...detox eh? I've been thinking about it myself.

Actually, I would really like to do a juice fast. You know, something like a week. But, there is a special way you gotta do it...like you can't just sink your teeth into a chicken pot pie after a fast...you have to start with soup then fruit or something like that. Any ideas?
As far as detox....I always think that's a good idea for sabbats and the like. Just me there. I like to fast before working magick aswell.

Silver Venus
October 15th, 2001, 05:57 AM
I dont have a juicer :( But Im deffianelt going to try and buy one in the sales next year! :)
I love fruit and veggie juice and squashing all the pieces down ~ Its so fun!

The last two weeks (since I started this thread) Ive been eating just fruit and veg as my detox ~ with the acception of some rice, pasta and bread over the weekends as I was with my bf and thought it would be better to take a break too. Its been great and has cleared my system wonderfully I feel, now Im going back to my normal diet this week and cant wait to have some fish!:mmm:

Thanks for the advice Shy ~ I may try again just before Samhain so Im cleased for my big ritual then ;)