To understand George W. Bush's approach to dealing with
terrorism, one really has to examine his history as governor
of Texas. Between 1995 and 2000, George W. Bush signed
more death warrants than the other forty-nine governors
combined. by Scott Pialkowski
http://www.rabble.ca/everyones_a_critic.shtml?x=2761

Danustouch
October 5th, 2001, 09:21 AM
IMO...one, has absolutely nothing to do, with the other.

Margie
October 5th, 2001, 10:02 AM
Right Danus, I mean, when was Texas ever attaced by international terrorists who hijacked American airplanes? How can being a governor of one state be compared to being the leader of the free world? There is a difference.

From the article "You donít just have to be a very big country to say that. You have to be a very arrogant one. Time and again, the United States exempts itself from the standards that are applied to others.Ē

We ARE an arrogant country and that is why we are where and who we are today. Neither is Bush's fault. He is working with what he has. Maybe he is arrogant to...but that is why he was elected. The United Stated exempts itself from the standards that are applied to others because we are different.

Myst
October 5th, 2001, 02:06 PM
Hey let's start drawing similarities in two things that are in no way related to prove somehow that Bush is just a bad, bad boy!

Xois
October 5th, 2001, 02:22 PM
i disagree actually...I think how someone precieves "non-human" ie criminal does infact equate to how someone sees other "non-human" ie terrorists...

GWB says he things all life is sacred...but only while still in the womb, once it is out, its straight to the electric chair...

Myst
October 5th, 2001, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Xois
GWB says he things all life is sacred...but only while still in the womb, once it is out, its straight to the electric chair...

Well I don't agree with him and the womb part either but I do agree with the electric chair.

Illuminatus
October 5th, 2001, 03:45 PM
yeah, it's nuts... There's a nice little "grace period" between the ages of Birth and 11 when you can't be killed.... before then, fair game, and at 12, well forget it kid you're getting tried as an adult, get ready to be strapped into the chair!!

Kind of weird how those wacky conservatives think.