PDA

View Full Version : Psychic Abilities: The Familiar Ones

Kaliel
March 4th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Here's a list of the abilities we all know and love and the abilities that all the authors write about. I could never write a fullt coherent book, so instead I settle with posting my knowledge on a forum!

The Familiar Ones

Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.
Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away.
Astral Projection: The ability to project yourself into the astral realm.
Astral Travel: The ability to project yourself into another realm.
OBE: The ability to leave your body completely an travel or teleport to another realm or astral realm.
(MORE EXPLANATION ON THE DIFFERENCES OF THOSE TO COME!)
Channeling: The ability to allow another being to possess the same mental functions and brain as yours. Also, the ability to give up control of the brain and body to another being.
Medium: The ability to sense and speak with ghosts and the ability to connect people with those they have lost.
Clairvoyance: The ability to see that which cannot be seen by the human eye.
Clairaudience: The ability to see that which canot be heard by the human ear.
Clairsentience: The ability to feel that which the skin cannot feel.
Clairgustance: The ability to taste that which cannot be tasted by the mouth.
Clairtangency: The ability to touch that which cannot be touched by the human body.
Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose.
Read Auras: The ability to see and read one's aura for emotion and/or color.
Remote Viewing: The ability to see present time occurrances at a remote location.
Lie Detection: The ability to know when someone is lying.
Premonition: The ability to see future events before they happen.
Precognition: The ability to see past events as though they were occurring in present time.
Psychometry: The ability to touch and item and see its origins, past owners and history.

Thaumaturgy: The ability to perform miracles with supernatural assistance.

Divination: The ability to read one using a tool of divination.
Intuition: The ability to feel omens, luck and karma.
Zodiac Vision: The ability to read one's stars. (Also called an Astrologer.)
Psycho Projection: The Ability to project yourself into one's past to see the events as third person. Can be used to see your own past as third person.
Muse: Read a person and know what they want to hear.

If you can add to this list, PLEASE DO!

Kaliel

AnimalSpiritJewelry
March 11th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I think that is the most comprehensive list I have seen on this..Great job!

teh_fae
March 11th, 2005, 07:43 PM
That's an amazing list! I'm going to save that in my files. Thanks for putting this up :)

Morgandria
March 11th, 2005, 07:51 PM
Thaumaturgy: The ability to affect medical miracles

Quoi? What does thaumaturgy have to do with medicine, specifically?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thaumaturgy

Kaliel
March 11th, 2005, 07:52 PM
It's a starter ability to a more advanced ability called Healing Hands. Thaumaturgy simply sends the healing through thought, sometimes prayer, etc. Healing Hands then takes it a step further by actual touching and transferring of sickness.

Morgandria
March 11th, 2005, 08:12 PM
*blinks* Uh...yeah.

Tabbykitty
March 12th, 2005, 12:53 AM
hmmmmmmm...... it seems to me Thaumaturgy according to the wikipedia article is:

"Thaumaturgy deals with producing a desired effect within the material world, but it is not necessarily opposed to or distinct from theurgy in that the material effect produced may simply be a theurgical result caused to emanate downward from the more subtle, spiritual realm into the dense, material sphere. In this way, thaumaturgy may simply be considered as the visual manifestation of theurgy, just as the body is the visual manifestation of the spirit via the mind, as well as its vehicle."

Which doesnt really have to do with healing per se.....

Also, I dont really see a fundemental difference between
"Thaumaturgy: The ability to affect medical miracles. "
AND
"Healing Hands - takes Thaumaturgy a step further by actual touching and transferring of sickness."
- quotes from Kaliel

The only difference seems to be in terms of form (mode of transmission) rather than actual function (nature of ability).

Kaliel
March 12th, 2005, 01:18 AM
You say tomato, I say tomahto, you're right, it's basically the same ability, just different means. That's actually the point, Tabbykitty.

Also, I haven't dealt a lot with thaumaturgy, but if it's more about producing positive effects, be them spiritual, physical, or mental, then I'd be willing to change my definition of the term. That one in particular was one that confused me a bit because different people kept putting it into different contexts and I wasn't sure which one was correct.

Thanks,
Kaliel

P.S. Now, when I look up the word Theurgy, I might have a better understanding of what exactly Thaumaturgy is. :)

Morgandria
March 12th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Thaumaturgy is just magic that affects the physical more directly than its counterpart, theurgy. Like any sort of magic, it can be used with any intent - negative or positive. It's not more about producing positive effects; it simply is whatever you shape it to be.

Findarto
March 26th, 2005, 10:33 PM
A big one I think you forgot is:
Telekinesis !
Oh, and Physchokinesis.

Kaliel
March 27th, 2005, 01:00 PM
A big one I think you forgot is:
Telekinesis !
Oh, and Physchokinesis.

Yeah, but this isn't the full list. If you want me to go into kinesis I can list about 21-22 of them . . . my entire psychic abilities list has about 163 abilities on it . . . so yeah, I skipped a few. ;)

Abrana
July 16th, 2006, 04:41 PM
I am simply sensitive/Intuitive.

Xander67
July 16th, 2006, 06:39 PM
It's amazing, i mean, the human mind has soo many abilities, so much potential, the psychic Potential we are all born with is amazing..

I am always fascinated by it.

~*Woodrose*~
July 24th, 2006, 05:41 AM
Wow! Thanks for posting the list ive been wondering what my friends abilities were as she could see ghosts...but she couldnt touch them or talk to them...

Thanks again
Luv Woodrose

Cassie
February 21st, 2009, 07:27 AM
Clairtangency: The ability to touch that which cannot be touched by the human body.
Does anyone here have any experience or examples of that?

Do you think that all empaths can do this?

Lunacie
February 21st, 2009, 11:21 AM
Does anyone here have any experience or examples of that?

;) Guess I should have reread the list a bit more closely before stickying it - I didn't remember seeing that one on there (the ability to touch that which cannot be touched by the human body).

I guess I've never tried to touch something that cannot be touched by the human body. Um... what kinds of things would that be, anyway?

Do you think that all empaths can do this?(read a person and know what they want to hear)

I don't believe my ex was an empath - but he could do this very well. Me, I don't seem to be so good at it. I'm always telling my grandkids things they don't want to hear (pick up your room, sort your laundry, put away the clean dishes, do your homework). :lol:

I can read people pretty well when I'm doing tarot or rune readings, in person or via the internet, but I don't necessarily tell them what they want to hear. But I guess I do pick up on what they want to hear and if I do mention that I'll also let them know whether that will work out for them or not.

~Audra~
February 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM

well, you just added a new comma to my identity... :)

KC Destroyer of Worlds
April 20th, 2009, 08:46 AM
I can read people and know what they want to hear. I don't generally tell them, being that, in my experience, it isn't all that helpful to them. I can give them a pep talk, but there are limits to what is helpful in telling someone exactly what they want to hear.

wicthdragon
May 5th, 2009, 11:50 PM
How about Mental projecting where you send your mind to travel like astral projecting but your just using your mind.

Instead of leaving your body .

Lunacie
May 6th, 2009, 09:22 AM
How about Mental projecting where you send your mind to travel like astral projecting but your just using your mind.

Instead of leaving your body .

I'm actually more comfortable doing that than travelling astrally.

In the past I have used that ability to follow a guy who was burning churches - this was back in '89 or '90 I think. The leader of our coven was able to share the information I picked up with someone in another coven and they were able to help get him caught and sent to jail.

wicthdragon
May 9th, 2009, 12:39 AM
Wow that's pretty banging way cool glad we got something in common and I just thought I was just making it up cause I'm not the best at astral travel'.

That said cool.:boing:

Paulienm
August 13th, 2009, 07:02 AM
Okay I just read the list in the first posts and here're the ones that relate to me.. (long post warning XD)

Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away
Thaumaturgy: The ability to perform miracles with supernatural assistance

About the telepathy, it mostly just goes.. (dang I lost the word <_<), like I have no real control over it, sometimes it just.. happens. But on a small scale, especially when I'm with my friends, we'll just talk and I'd say things that another person was thinking about, or was about to say.. Or we say it at exactly the same time. I think this is quite common, though.
About a year ago I decided to acknowledge my sensitivity, instead of running and hiding from it (which I'd always done >_<). But ever since then I become even more sensitive with ever experience, so it seems, and I'm not sure what to do with it o_0 I'd want to put it to a practical use.. I've always been able to sense energies around me and from other people, but now it's just tipping the scale a bit and it frightens me, allthough I do want to have the ability...
What frightens me too is seeing things normal eyes can't see, though I don't want to push that away either... I love watching my grandmother and nephew appearing from time to time (after they scared the heck out of me), not sure what my point is though...
I've been able to see aura's since I was very very little (used to tell me mother that she was grey...). I also used to give colors to the days of the week, does anyone know what that's about?
About intuition, I have a really strong one, so strong sometimes it takes me aback...
Now the last, thaumaturgy (a word I'd never heard of until now), is something that I actually just considered a 'gift'.. A gift to make people who come near to me happy, to make their day, to change their moment that - sometimes - changes their lives.. I always considered these small miracles, but only since a few months I've started to get the feeling there's someone or something 'putting' me up to it..

I really have.. no idea what my point is in posting this, but I just wanted to let it out... Sorry xD

Lunacie
August 13th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Okay I just read the list in the first posts and here're the ones that relate to me.. (long post warning XD)

Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away
Thaumaturgy: The ability to perform miracles with supernatural assistance

About the telepathy, it mostly just goes.. (dang I lost the word <_<), like I have no real control over it, sometimes it just.. happens. But on a small scale, especially when I'm with my friends, we'll just talk and I'd say things that another person was thinking about, or was about to say.. Or we say it at exactly the same time. I think this is quite common, though.
About a year ago I decided to acknowledge my sensitivity, instead of running and hiding from it (which I'd always done >_<). But ever since then I become even more sensitive with ever experience, so it seems, and I'm not sure what to do with it o_0 I'd want to put it to a practical use.. I've always been able to sense energies around me and from other people, but now it's just tipping the scale a bit and it frightens me, allthough I do want to have the ability...
What frightens me too is seeing things normal eyes can't see, though I don't want to push that away either... I love watching my grandmother and nephew appearing from time to time (after they scared the heck out of me), not sure what my point is though...
I've been able to see aura's since I was very very little (used to tell me mother that she was grey...). I also used to give colors to the days of the week, does anyone know what that's about?
About intuition, I have a really strong one, so strong sometimes it takes me aback...
Now the last, thaumaturgy (a word I'd never heard of until now), is something that I actually just considered a 'gift'.. A gift to make people who come near to me happy, to make their day, to change their moment that - sometimes - changes their lives.. I always considered these small miracles, but only since a few months I've started to get the feeling there's someone or something 'putting' me up to it..

I really have.. no idea what my point is in posting this, but I just wanted to let it out... Sorry xD

Hello Paulienm :wave:, welcome home!

Picking up thoughts from people we're close to may be somewhat common, but not everyone can do that.

I can sense things about a person's aura, but I don't actually "see" auras. I've always thought it would be neat to actually see them.

The thing about associating colors with the days of the week makes me think of Synesthesia. (http://www.school-for-champions.com/senses/synesthesia.htm) (click for linkie)

I also have the ability to project my feelings to other people (as well as picking up feelings from others). I've never thought of that as Thaumaturgy - just the other side of Empathy. But I've never felt like there someone or something else directing me when I did that.

Paulienm
August 13th, 2009, 12:58 PM
The home welcoming made me smile haha, thanks! :D

I know what you mean when you say you more like 'sense' an aura than see them.. I kind of lost my ability to see them properly, though in return I think that sense you're talking about has grown a lot, lot stronger...

And thanks for that link, it's quite interesting!

dandalion
August 20th, 2009, 04:58 AM
The Familiar Ones

Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away. What about groups, like in a crowd at a show or concert?

Clairaudience: The ability to see that which canot be heard by the human ear. After the birth of each of my sons I would hear music (for about a month) when there was nothing else on... I thought I was going crazy, I would turn off everything and could hear it, very distant and nothing I have heard before....

Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose. I smell things that others cant all the time... is that the same??

Are these things that could be excercised to make stronger...like muscles?...

Lunacie
August 20th, 2009, 08:10 AM
Are these things that could be excercised to make stronger...like muscles?...

I've used the comparison to a muscle before. :thumbsup:

Sure, exercise. Or practice. Or just opening ourselves to the energies. Or the messages. Or the information. When I was doing exercises and experiments to open myself to the information I got better. And when I was doing a lot of tarot and rune readings I got better.

marlintrdg
September 9th, 2009, 12:36 AM
So I'm not crazy? Others can really do & feel this things?

Lunacie
September 9th, 2009, 08:36 AM
So I'm not crazy? Others can really do & feel this things?

Well, you may be crazy - I certainly have my moments. :hahugh:

But, yeah, other people can and do feel this thing. Everyone has a sixth sense but some people ignore it and some of us can't really ignore it.

marlintrdg
September 9th, 2009, 12:55 PM
Well, you may be crazy - I certainly have my moments. :hahugh:

But, yeah, other people can and do feel this thing. Everyone has a sixth sense but some people ignore it and some of us can't really ignore it.
I wish I could tell you how frighented I have been all my life becuse of these senses, (top part of the list for me), now to find out lots of people have them is somehow a relief. My friends (the real ones), have always thought I was a little wired until something blew-up then it was over to my house to sort it out..
I only wish now I had some control over them.

Lunacie
September 9th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Control starts with accepting that you have these senses and learning more about them. Doing things like meditation and 'grounding and centering' can also help you learn to be aware of what it is you're sensing and control them to some extent. In some way, some psychic abilities can't be controlled - like you can't control whether you smell something stinky or whether you naturally flinch when touched unexpectedly.

Do some reading, here in this forum of MW and other places too. And please feel free to ask questions, maybe get a discussion going about whether other people are experiencing the same thing you are and what they are doing to handle it.

marlintrdg
September 9th, 2009, 02:39 PM
Control starts with accepting that you have these senses and learning more about them. Doing things like meditation and 'grounding and centering' can also help you learn to be aware of what it is you're sensing and control them to some extent. In some way, some psychic abilities can't be controlled - like you can't control whether you smell something stinky or whether you naturally flinch when touched unexpectedly.

Do some reading, here in this forum of MW and other places too. And please feel free to ask questions, maybe get a discussion going about whether other people are experiencing the same thing you are and what they are doing to handle it.

Thanks for your direction with this, very kind.

Of the list these are what I have experienced so far, not altogether not in any order and most of the time without even thinking about it, it just happens, also I can't "make" anything happen on commend, now that would be useful, but I don't know how. I also can go for months without anything occurring at all.

The last one on the list has become a bit of a problem for me. You'd be amazed how many people are lying over nothing almost as easy as breathing, it really tires me out to the point where I avoid people more and more.

Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts. (very rare but it has happened.)
Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away. (only when someone askes, thank goodness, this is hard.)
Astral Projection: The ability to project yourself into the astral realm.
Astral Travel: The ability to project yourself into another realm.
OBE: The ability to leave your body completely an travel or teleport to another realm or astral realm.
(The above three are very similar and I use to have lots of fun with this, but find it very hard to do anymore.)

Lunacie
September 9th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Yeah, we all seem to lie, little lies, all the time, without really meaning to. Sometimes because we wish things were different, or had been different, so we remember them the way we wish they had happened.

I used to notice all the lies and I really hated them, but I started depending on that and was badly burned by someone lying and I didn't realize it. So I pretty much started to ignore all the lies. It's just such a tense, unhappy, suspicious way to live being concerned about all the little lies that are going on. I've found it better to simply deal with it when I find out someone lied to me about something really important, letting them know that it's just not acceptable.

The Empathy can still be problem at times. Learning to tell the difference between what I'm honestly feeling myself and what I'm picking up from others has been helpful. Also realizing that I don't have to do anything about those feelings has helped. I had to learn to acknowledge what I was feeling and then let it go. Like feeling it when the wind shifts direction or when the AC kicks on or the sun goes behind a cloud, just realize you feel it and then move on.

I haven't done much astral travel or astral projection. In the past I've done a bit of far seeing, both in terms of distance and in terms of time. But I guess that's not as strong a sense in me.

This is all what I learned over the years and may not be helpful to you at all. But maybe it will help you to look at your own senses in a different way or think of a new way of working with them. I hope so.

Simply Iris
October 22nd, 2009, 02:33 AM
That's a wonderful list indeed! Hope you don't mind if I copy this into my Book of Shadows.

I can read people's auras almost instantly. I'm very sensitive to color. Ever since I can remember, each letter, number, and day of the week have been automatically associated with a particular color to me. I don't know if it's an ability, but I thought I'd mention it.

Lunacie
October 22nd, 2009, 08:26 AM
That's a wonderful list indeed! Hope you don't mind if I copy this into my Book of Shadows.

I can read people's auras almost instantly. I'm very sensitive to color. Ever since I can remember, each letter, number, and day of the week have been automatically associated with a particular color to me. I don't know if it's an ability, but I thought I'd mention it.

I talked about that ability in post 23. You may have something called Synesthesia (http://www.school-for-champions.com/senses/synesthesia.htm#)(click for linkie).

Simply Iris
October 26th, 2009, 02:44 AM
I talked about that ability in post 23. You may have something called Synesthesia (http://www.school-for-champions.com/senses/synesthesia.htm#)(click for linkie).
Oh my God...like all of those things describe me! It all makes sense now, I can't thank you enough.

Lunacie
October 26th, 2009, 08:15 AM
Oh my God...like all of those things describe me! It all makes sense now, I can't thank you enough.

You're quite welcome. I find synthesesia to be an amazing ability. I had a friend at one time who had it, that's how I learned about it.

[V]
November 8th, 2009, 07:13 PM
Psychokinesis - movement of the mind (ability to move objects with mind)

David19
November 8th, 2009, 09:15 PM
;4085435']Psychokinesis - movement of the mind (ability to move objects with mind)

That's one I really want to learn.

[V]
November 9th, 2009, 10:38 PM
You're quite welcome. I find synthesesia to be an amazing ability. I had a friend at one time who had it, that's how I learned about it.

are certain forms of synethesia learnable? (without taking tons of lsd)

Lunacie
November 10th, 2009, 10:20 AM
;4086281']are certain forms of synethesia learnable? (without taking tons of lsd)

I don't think so. It seems to be genetic - it runs in certain families. More like having ADHD or BiPolar, not like Telepathy or Clairsentience.

I'm disappointed to not be able to find anything at www.mayoclinic (http://www.mayoclinic) about Synesthesia, but I did find this report posted at CNN.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/02/09/synesthesia.genes/index.html

AmadoreEdana123
November 13th, 2009, 04:50 AM
ts see ive had or have or have expirienced the following.

actually with this, i have sent someone my thoughts. A couple times actually. and the people not even realize i hadnt said it outloud. Happens with my family a lot. Like they send me thoughts too.

Empathy(all the time, since..i cant even remember)
Astral Projection since atleast the age of three
Astral Travel
OBE

i dunno about this one. I dont know if its the same as reading others thoughts. I hear people saying my name and other things. mostly I cannot distinguish what has been said though.

usually when watching a show or reading a book. The taste will just fill my mouth as if i had just eaten that kind of food before. (is that what it means?)
Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose.
Divination tarot
Intuition

and what about prophecy and prophetic dreams?
I have prophetic dreams. My grandma, mom, sister, aunt, cousin, and I all have it.
and what was that thing about not being able to hear what a human can hear...(wording wierd) me and my family always get omens of things in the form of either dreams or sounds. Such as a howling cat. Also we recieve tangible omens. Like before my uncle greg died my mom and grandma dreamed of feathers. my aunt found them all over her house and so did my granda

I wish i had telekinesis. :)

and the ability to see auras. I sometimes see a glimmer of an outline but...nothing really.

Lunacie
November 13th, 2009, 12:18 PM
ts see ive had or have or have expirienced the following.

actually with this, i have sent someone my thoughts. A couple times actually. and the people not even realize i hadnt said it outloud. Happens with my family a lot. Like they send me thoughts too.

Empathy(all the time, since..i cant even remember)
Astral Projection since atleast the age of three
Astral Travel
OBE

i dunno about this one. I dont know if its the same as reading others thoughts. I hear people saying my name and other things. mostly I cannot distinguish what has been said though.

usually when watching a show or reading a book. The taste will just fill my mouth as if i had just eaten that kind of food before. (is that what it means?)
Divination tarot
Intuition

and what about prophecy and prophetic dreams?
I have prophetic dreams. My grandma, mom, sister, aunt, cousin, and I all have it.
and what was that thing about not being able to hear what a human can hear...(wording wierd) me and my family always get omens of things in the form of either dreams or sounds. Such as a howling cat. Also we recieve tangible omens. Like before my uncle greg died my mom and grandma dreamed of feathers. my aunt found them all over her house and so did my granda

I wish i had telekinesis. :)

and the ability to see auras. I sometimes see a glimmer of an outline but...nothing really.

Interesting, I hadn't related Clairgustence to reading about a food and then practically tasting it myself, but I've done that. Also happens if I see a commerical on tv or an ad or recipe in a magazine. At least then I know what I'm getting hungry for - it usually sets up a craving for that food.

But I recently learned that the times when I'm smelling and tasting a food (even dreaming of a food) and have a hard time figuring out what that food it - it's sometimes an aura preceeding a migraine. I thought all migraine auras were the kind that affect the vision, but it seems that some affect the sense of smell or taste. I used to go on eating binges trying all kinds of food to see if could figure out what I was smelling and tasting. Now I know it's not a real craving and that in a few hours it will pass.

flameofjoy
November 13th, 2009, 03:26 PM
Here's a list of the abilities we all know and love . . .

It's good to see these all listed in one place. I would add clairalience (clear-smelling) to the list.

I am clairaudient, but more often simply "claircognizant", which means that sometimes I don't hear or see anything; I just know it with a certain surety. Some people use the term precognitive, but basically it is simply just having some fore-knowledge about something beyond any doubt.

I also have studied and practiced astrology for many years, but I do not think astrology should be listed with psychic skills. "Zodiac vision" as a term is a new one on me.

Astrology is an analytical skill that is learned through much study of specific information and application of certain techniques. The chart yields information based on the astrologer's ability to apply the techniques and analyze the data in the chart, and this ability is the product of lots of "book learning", study, and much endeavor working with many many charts over a period of time.

That said, some astrologers may also be generally intuitive. But what they say about a chart should be based on chart data and analysis of said data, not intuitive feelings or information. That makes for bad astrology.

Just my opinion, based on personal observation and reading widely the works of other astrologers, past and present.

- fj

:javaswim::javaswim:

Lunacie
November 13th, 2009, 04:03 PM
It's good to see these all listed in one place. I would add clairalience (clear-smelling) to the list.

I am clairaudient, but more often simply "claircognizant", which means that sometimes I don't hear or see anything; I just know it with a certain surety. Some people use the term precognitive, but basically it is simply just having some fore-knowledge about something beyond any doubt.

I also have studied and practiced astrology for many years, but I do not think astrology should be listed with psychic skills. "Zodiac vision" as a term is a new one on me.

Astrology is an analytical skill that is learned through much study of specific information and application of certain techniques. The chart yields information based on the astrologer's ability to apply the techniques and analyze the data in the chart, and this ability is the product of lots of "book learning", study, and much endeavor working with many many charts over a period of time.

That said, some astrologers may also be generally intuitive. But what they say about a chart should be based on chart data and analysis of said data, not intuitive feelings or information. That makes for bad astrology.

Just my opinion, based on personal observation and reading widely the works of other astrologers, past and present.

- fj

:javaswim::javaswim:

Yes, I'd say I'm most often ClairCognizent as well, but I have had some ClairAlience events. That's a new term for me, and even though I've had experience with it, I hadn't heard that term before.

trueseeker
November 13th, 2009, 07:35 PM
Kaliel,I'm freaking out here,but THANK YOU!You just made me discover about myself with your post,I have some of this manifested throughout my existance,but I did not know how to call it.Thank you!!This is based on events where I had this manifest unconsciously,and natural like breathing..If anyone is there to help me through this I'll be grateful.Who has experience with the below abilitities?

Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.(I may have this,manifested not so much as empathy)

Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away. (I have this 4 sure)

Astral Projection: The ability to project yourself into the astral realm.( I had this involuntarily a couple of times)

Astral Travel: The ability to project yourself into another realm.(4 times,dream state)

OBE: The ability to leave your body completely an travel or teleport to another realm or astral realm.(Had this for sure 4-6 -7 times,dream state

Channeling: The ability to allow another being to possess the same mental functions and brain as yours. Also, the ability to give up control of the brain and body to another being.(totally afraid of this,so I hope I don't have it,but being so sensible I could.Right?)

Medium: The ability to sense and speak with ghosts and the ability to connect people with those they have lost. ( 0 for real,freaks me out)

Clairvoyance: The ability to see that which cannot be seen by the human eye. can't say no or yes

Clairaudience: The ability to see that which canot be heard by the human ear. can't say no or yes

Clairsentience: The ability to feel that which the skin cannot feel.( yes)

Clairgustance: The ability to taste that which cannot be tasted by the mouth. (Definitly YES,I love to taste colour) and other things smelless for other people,it happens frequently to me

Clairtangency: The ability to touch that which cannot be touched by the human body. not sure if yes or no

Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose. Definitly YES

hardly,is there a technique?

Remote Viewing: The ability to see present time occurrances at a remote location. yes,I wish I could :)) Could I?I miss someone far away...

Lie Detection: The ability to know when someone is lying. yes,to a degree connected to intuition

Premonition: The ability to see future events before they happen. YES!I had experiences

Precognition: The ability to see past events as though they were occurring in present time, yes,but in form of emotion waves

Psychometry: The ability to touch and item and see its origins, past owners and history. not sure

Thaumaturgy: The ability to perform miracles with supernatural assistance. maybe

Divination: The ability to read one using a tool of divination. just a beginner here,better with runes,they are friendly,I find them not so scary as tarot,but I'll try to make friends with that too,I already have my first deck.

Intuition: The ability to feel omens, luck and karma. YES!Strong one.Maybe due to my birth sign it's more strong.

Zodiac Vision: The ability to read one's stars. (Also called an Astrologer.)I wish.. can anyone teach me?

Psycho Projection: The Ability to project yourself into one's past to see the events as third person. Can be used to see your own past as third person. hopefully I will learn,currently no

Muse: Read a person and know what they want to hear. maybe,yes...

So please help me devise my some excercise to figure out the rest that is foggy and unexperienced.thank you.warm hugs.

Lunacie
November 13th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Kaliel,I'm freaking out here,but THANK YOU!You just made me discover about myself with your post,I have some of this manifested throughout my existance,but I did not know how to call it.Thank you!!This is based on events where I had this manifest unconsciously,and natural like breathing..If anyone is there to help me through this I'll be grateful.Who has experience with the below abilitities?

Telepathy: The ability to read and hear one's thoughts.(I may have this,manifested not so much as empathy)

Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away. (I have this 4 sure)

Astral Projection: The ability to project yourself into the astral realm.( I had this involuntarily a couple of times)

Astral Travel: The ability to project yourself into another realm.(4 times,dream state)

OBE: The ability to leave your body completely an travel or teleport to another realm or astral realm.(Had this for sure 4-6 -7 times,dream state

Channeling: The ability to allow another being to possess the same mental functions and brain as yours. Also, the ability to give up control of the brain and body to another being.(totally afraid of this,so I hope I don't have it,but being so sensible I could.Right?)

Medium: The ability to sense and speak with ghosts and the ability to connect people with those they have lost. ( 0 for real,freaks me out)

Clairvoyance: The ability to see that which cannot be seen by the human eye. can't say no or yes

Clairaudience: The ability to see that which canot be heard by the human ear. can't say no or yes

Clairsentience: The ability to feel that which the skin cannot feel.( yes)

Clairgustance: The ability to taste that which cannot be tasted by the mouth. (Definitly YES,I love to taste colour) and other things smelless for other people,it happens frequently to me

Clairtangency: The ability to touch that which cannot be touched by the human body. not sure if yes or no

Clairscent/Clairaroma: The ability to smell that which cannot be smelled by the nose. Definitly YES

hardly,is there a technique?

Remote Viewing: The ability to see present time occurrances at a remote location. yes,I wish I could :)) Could I?I miss someone far away...

Lie Detection: The ability to know when someone is lying. yes,to a degree connected to intuition

Premonition: The ability to see future events before they happen. YES!I had experiences

Precognition: The ability to see past events as though they were occurring in present time, yes,but in form of emotion waves

Psychometry: The ability to touch and item and see its origins, past owners and history. not sure

Thaumaturgy: The ability to perform miracles with supernatural assistance. maybe

Divination: The ability to read one using a tool of divination. just a beginner here,better with runes,they are friendly,I find them not so scary as tarot,but I'll try to make friends with that too,I already have my first deck.

Intuition: The ability to feel omens, luck and karma. YES!Strong one.Maybe due to my birth sign it's more strong.

Zodiac Vision: The ability to read one's stars. (Also called an Astrologer.)I wish.. can anyone teach me?

Psycho Projection: The Ability to project yourself into one's past to see the events as third person. Can be used to see your own past as third person. hopefully I will learn,currently no

Muse: Read a person and know what they want to hear. maybe,yes...

So please help me devise my some excercise to figure out the rest that is foggy and unexperienced.thank you.warm hugs.

What you describe sounds more like synesthesia than clairgustience. Read about it here. (http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=hearing-colors-tasting-sh-2003-05)

trueseeker
November 14th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Wow,thanks Lunacie...but for me is more intense ,and has a sort of passion...

I am like reversed when I see colors I hear music..and I taste it..Also when i see colours,I hear music..I see an image ..for me it's not only an image it's a song..many times i sing it and people say I'm a composer :)) I could never tell any body this..it is such a relief that I can do it now..and that I am not a freak and alone :)) THANK YOU!!

flameofjoy
November 16th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Yes, I'd say I'm most often ClairCognizent as well, but I have had some ClairAlience events. That's a new term for me, and even though I've had experience with it, I hadn't heard that term before.

I've had it happen to me once, years ago, and it sent me racing through my house like mad-woman sniffing the air in every room, looking for the source of the scent, which I did not find, of course, nor did I expect to find anything. I believe it was a scent associated with my teacher, on the inner planes. During that time period, I was having other contact events, and this was one of them.

The experience was interesting from an observational point of view. The sense of smell is such a basic sense.

- fj

Jade_Dove
June 30th, 2010, 02:09 AM
I can relate to 6 plus one:

I have been able to see things that others wouldn't normally see- presences- apparitions- shadows- figures of various sorts and figures of oppositional forces.

Clairaudience: The ability to hear that which cannot be heard by the human ear.

I can- with full focus and fine tuning- hear voices from the other side and or from other realms of the supernatural dimension. I use such more so for being helpful in regards to finding answers. I tend to have a small handful of unseen respondents.

If anything- I can feel the touch of unseen presences. The laying of unseen hands on my head sometimes and I can recieve physical responses in answers to questions. My respondents will answer yes- no and or maybe questions in such a way. Goose bumps and hair standing on end- not easy to get used to.

Empathy: The ability to feel another's emotions whether they are close to you in proximity or miles and miles away.

More often than not- I can tell when a family member or a friend is having an emotional day and I can also tell through online and or phone connections as well. The bonds between others and me are very strong and emit energy levels just high enough for me to sense.

Premonition: The ability to see future events before they happen.

More often than not my premonitions happen in short vision form and or dream-scape- sometimes certain things that come up in conversations become trigger points- Deja Vu happens to me just about the same way.

Being a mother of 2 kids- 2 and 10- plus knowing that eyes are the windows to the soul- I can definitely tell when someone is lying. The senses I get through looking someone in the eyes and hearing key picthes in voice tones- I'm quite good at telling when someone is lying to me. Reading them is still a work in progress how ever instincts cover that base until I can tune the rest in- in full.

Then there is Discernment:

I am continually aware of anything and everything at just about any given point in time with extremely intuitive instincts. With positive forthcomings- I am generally happy and in a good mood for 3 days before the positive event occurs. With a negative event looking to unfold- I am extremely tired- a little moody and somewhat touchy about various things for 3 days before the unpleasant event unfolds. Suffice it to say- for a week at a stretch with some events- especially very unpleasant worldy events- I was very un-nerved.

At most important of times I enjoy using my gifts and I do my best to share what ever it is I come across. When things aren't as important or seem a little on the mundane side- I will- more often than not consider them a bit of a nuscience.

Either way I have been working on tuning them for the last 8 to 9 years or so now as mine were blessed spiritual gifts and I hope if anything that the progress that I have made along with the insight that I have shared during that time has been beneficial to all who have needed the support.

It was nice to use them for my own household every now and then- but it's a little more exhilarating to share them with others.

Missy.

Berkanan
September 19th, 2010, 02:15 PM
I've had experience with Clairaudience, Telekenesis, and lots of divination :)

With my clairaudience, I hear something telling me to say things to people or messages for myself, i don't have to 'tune in' particularly hard, just enough to be focused and concentrating.

Telekenesis, I sometimes just look at things and imagine a scenario and it happens, don't know if this particular experience counts, but i imagined a girl i didn't really like being pooed on by a bird and it happened, that could just be a coincidence,

Divination, a common and frequent one, doesn't really need explaining

:)

Czarina369cz
November 24th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Would this be considered remote viewing?:

I read an obituary (years back) regarding the death of an actor's wife. While reading the plain vanilla obit., which mentioned nothing of how she died, I was overwhelmed with a flash flood of information regarding a friend of mine, during a specific time period. (I will go into more detail soon). I have been able to confirm some of what I thought to be the case with the deceased wife. Not much, tho.
I have always referred to it as 'the other dimensional warehouse' of human knowledge...anything that has been known by man (mankind, humankind), that will be known, is there to draw from if you know how to interpret the information. Jung calls it the collective unconscious, I believe.

AND...how do the folks here recommend I go about verifying that which is not available to confirm?

the obituary (names omitted) is below, in italic:
Tumbler Ridge News — xxxxxx’s passing occurred on November 12th in Los Angeles, Calif. at the age of 37. She was born in Fredericton, N.B. and moved with her family to Calgary, AB. at the age of seven years. She attended xxxxxx High School. She lived and worked in Calgary until her marriage to xxxxxx in Los Angeles in the year 2001. She resided there until her tragic death. While living in LA she owned and operated a successful dog walking business and was always accompanied by her faithful four-legged friend and companion, Beulah. xxxx came to Tumbler Ridge to visit her mom and step-dad, xxxxx and xxxxx, on three separate occasions. She had just recently spent the month of October here. She loved the sense of community we enjoy in Tumbler Ridge along with the clean, fresh air.

A beautiful memorial service was held in Los Angeles on November 19th. Her remains will be interred at the Rockyview Garden of Peace in Calgary, AB.

sonoftheblackoak
December 9th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Of the list you made, the following I possess: Empathy, Astral Projection, Astral Travel, OBE, Medium, Clairvoyance, Lie Detection, Precognition, Divination, and Intuition.

Charmbolt
January 22nd, 2011, 04:04 PM
I cannot remember the names but aren't there also a few that deal with connection to or manipulation of elements?

El Hannesh
March 20th, 2011, 10:34 PM
Looked at your list, I was wondering if you were familiar with Claircognizance (http://www.psychicbutsane.com/developing-psychic-abilities-spirit-world/developing-claircognizance)? It's very natural and difficult to explain other than "Information is downloaded into my brain." I did however look it up and found that this site helps explain it better than I could.

Ibis
May 10th, 2011, 02:24 PM
I've experience Clairscent before, and I think I can vouch for it not being synaesthesia as I experienced it with a friend as well, it appeared suddenly, no one else reacted to the exact spot it was at and it happened again some weeks later in the same spot, with the same smell etc.

Hmmm would this be a form of Claircognizance? I find myself differentiating between dream types, one of these dream types is what I've been calling 'information dreams', whereby, I obtain information about someone or someone's situation (I've confirmed this with the people where possible).

Gandramu
October 6th, 2011, 02:45 AM
Ok so if empathy is emotions than what is the ability to feel another's physical pain? I can tell when my friends have hurt themselves or are having a headache any pain really, even emotional pain. I can be miles apart and tell what has happened to them without them telling me.

CosmicTree
November 1st, 2011, 09:14 PM
Love this list!!