View Full Version : Dawa Lhamo's Sketchbook

Dawa Lhamo
March 14th, 2005, 03:52 AM
Well, I'm so jealous of the talent here! (Especially the digital art; I can't do that worth anything.) But, I decided that it was time to put some of my things up for you all to see. Some of these are going way back.

First thing's first, my best picture from Drawing I (1999). It's from that famous National Geographic cover of the Ndebele (sp?) woman.

And second, a self-portrait in watercolor for Painting I (1999).

Dawa Lhamo
March 14th, 2005, 03:58 AM
Ok, and next here's a "tapestry" that came out of that Drawing I class (acrylic), and my "portal" on my bedroom floor that I did around the same time in tempera (and sprayed with fixative when I realized how much I liked it).

Dawa Lhamo
March 14th, 2005, 04:04 AM
And around this same time, my obsession with cows began. I don't have a good pic of the original painting that set it all off, but here are some early cow paintings. (and a boat painting, too.) They're all in acrylic.

Dawa Lhamo
March 14th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Here's my best stuff from my Advanced Portfolio Art class (2001). Just two self-portraits in graphite and another peacock in oil pastel. And the elements thing in multimedia. The elf-looking self portrait was never completed; it is supposed to be the elf holding a mask that would have my face on it. It was going to be a finished work, but I ran out of time, and I never got back to it. And the tree of life in acrylic.

Dawa Lhamo
March 14th, 2005, 04:28 AM
And finally here's some recent stuff. The 'Wodenkinder' was for our camp at HPF 2004, and I did the ice elf thing sometime last spring. The columbines are from this past summer. There are a few pictures of Hathor as well (the glass was from last year, the ink and watercolor are from this past fall.)

Hey, I'm nothing if not eclectic. ^_^

Dawa Lhamo
March 14th, 2005, 04:33 AM
oops, here's the Wodenkinder. And that's all that's recent. I'll be posting my big WIP soon...

Oh, and funny story about this one: We invited some pagan-friendly friends to camp with us, and everything was going rather well. Then there came the Vision Quest, and at a certain part, there was a Green Man hiding in the leaves. Well, one of our friends, we'll call her S., recovers amazingly well from being scared by this Green Man popping up out of the ground and the first thing she asks him is "Why do you have two eyes?" ^_^

Tashi delek!
Dawa Lhamo

Bainidhe Dub
March 14th, 2005, 11:01 AM
oh my gods. Wow hon, those are freakin' awesome. My favs are the columbines and the portal on your floor. Just ... wow.

I look forward to see MUCH more of your stuff :)

March 14th, 2005, 11:06 AM
My favs are the ring neck african lady and the lilies _handclapp

March 14th, 2005, 08:04 PM
wow! just, wow! especially the portal on your floor....

March 14th, 2005, 08:10 PM
VERY cool! Love all of them! I want that peacock, tho! LOL *painting envy! painting envy!*

March 20th, 2005, 01:26 PM

This one I love this one oh and this one

You have incredable control and attention to detail I like these very much and I liked the others too :fprtyman3