PDA

View Full Version : biophotons

TaylorE
March 18th, 2005, 11:58 PM
I've lately been reading about biophotons in DNA, with the argument being that biophotons transmit information from one cell to another. My work with DNA has always involved a light/energy of some form, and biophoton seems to be a useful name for it. What are your thoughts on biophotons?

Dawa Lhamo
March 19th, 2005, 04:10 AM
Hmmm... very interesting. I've never heard of them before. So I did a MEDLINE search and came up with only 29 articles. Mostly in the Indian Journal of Experimental Biology. I will have to read up on this to form some kind of conclusions, but I found this interesting "This radiation is strongly correlated with cellular function and state of health. Unhealthy, stressed, and injured cells emit more photons than healthy cells." And then it goes on to suggest that biophotons may be a mechanism of intercellular communication or involved in biological regulation.

Very interesting. Do you have any specific articles I could look up? (or keywords to help my search?) From what I've read just now, it is an attractive idea (that they intercommunicate with biophotons), and if this all plays out, it would be interesting to see what this does to contemporary medicine. Perhaps a whole new view of healing energy systems... Cool.

Tashi delek!
Dawa Lhamo

TaylorE
March 19th, 2005, 11:36 AM
I unfortunately do not have any articles for you to look up. The book The field by Lynne McTaggart was where I read about the biophotons. the description of what occurs with biophotons resonates with my experiences in working with my DNA. Could you post some links to those articles you found.

Dawa Lhamo
March 19th, 2005, 01:27 PM
I unfortunately do not have any articles for you to look up. The book The field by Lynne McTaggart was where I read about the biophotons. the description of what occurs with biophotons resonates with my experiences in working with my DNA. Could you post some links to those articles you found. I'll try. ^_^ I have special access through the WU Med School to some articles, so I don't know if you'll be able to see them. If you can't, let me know, and I'll save the pdfs where available and attach them.

1. Takeda M. Kobayashi M. Takayama M. Suzuki S. Ishida T. Ohnuki K. Moriya T. Ohuchi N. Biophoton detection as a novel technique for cancer imaging. [Journal Article] Cancer Science. 95(8):656-61, 2004 Aug.
link here. (http://www.jca.gr.jp/cs/95/8/656.pdf)

2. Creath K. Schwartz GE. Biophoton images of plants: revealing the light within. [Journal Article] Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine. 10(1):23-6, 2004 Feb link here. (http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/107555304322848922)
(Actually, all of February 2004 in the J. of Alternative and Complementary Medicine is about bioenergy and bioelectromagnetics. link (http://www.liebertonline.com/toc/acm/10/1?part=) )

Our prescription to the Indian Journal of Experimental Biology is cancelled, so I can't get the majority of the articles, but I can see their abstracts. I can post those too if you like. ^_^

And we have a prescription to the journal called Bioelectromagnetics. If you want anything from there, I can probably get it.

This article may also be of interest: 21. Jobst KA. Curtis BD. Niemtzow RC. Ong P. Jonas WB. Curtis ML. Science and healing: from bioelectromagnetics to the medicine of light.[erratum appears in J Altern Complement Med. 2003 Aug;9(4):597]. [Editorial] Journal of Alternative & Complementary Medicine. 9(2):181-2, 2003 Apr.
link here. (http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/10755530360623275) (the erratum is that they didn't print one of the doctor's full name.)

I'll look into that book. Thanks!

Tashi delek!
Dawa Lhamo

TaylorE
March 20th, 2005, 01:13 PM
Thank you! The links came through just fine. This should be some useful information and already confirms some of what I've been working on magically.

Now here's another question: Have any of you ever worked with your neurotransmitters as spirit guides?

copperbeech
March 21st, 2005, 10:15 AM
it may be helpful to do some reading on dr john brimhall's work. i don't know that he uses the word "biophotons" but his work centers around developing ways to work with the electromagnetic field of the body to promote healing (cold laser, color vibration, sound resonance...). also James L. Oschman's books on energy medicine are wonderful. every academic, but wonderful. i do a lot of cellular/DNA work in my practice, and it gets amazing results. i really feel like that aspect of energy medicine is going to be where established science and magick meet.

hope you are doing well!

TaylorE
March 21st, 2005, 02:18 PM
I get a lot of amazinfg results as well and I think you're right...that's one area where science and magic will meet. I'll check these books out. Thanks.