PDA

View Full Version : photo Friday - 03/25/05 - water

paygun
March 23rd, 2005, 08:15 PM
After talking to toad and Ben in chat, I thought I'd see how this will go over. I'd like to have a weekly photo theme and see what gets posted. Every week I'll post a theme, and whoever wants to post a photo that they feel matches the theme, please go ahead.

This won't be a contest, so don't get yer nickers in a twist over it. The only rule (besides the usual community rule) is that your post must be your own work. I hate rules so please consider everything else a guideline. Be prepared to accept a critique of your work. You don't have to agree with it, but don't take it personal. Manipulation either in a darkroom if you shoot film or in Photoshop is fine, but try to post work that at least resembles a photograph. Use your own judgement. Don't worry about strictly adhering to the theme of the week, if you feel your work fits in the theme then post it. Just have fun.

This week's theme is water. I know this is already Wednesday night, but give it a shot.

I'll post next week's theme on Sunday or Monday. If you have an idea for a theme, PM me and I'll put it on the list if it seems like a winner.

paygun
March 23rd, 2005, 08:18 PM
Here's mine for this week. The cup has water in it. :)

http://www.harrystone.net/post/cup-small.jpg

VelvetBlade
March 23rd, 2005, 08:20 PM
This is a cool idea...time to get out the new camera...whooohooo !!!! lol

~VB

Bethra
March 23rd, 2005, 08:44 PM
Oks I have one for you for this thread

Brielle LaLune
March 24th, 2005, 11:54 AM
Semuc Champey, Guatemala...the most beautiful, intensely energized place I've ever been.... The photos I took just don't do it justice.

Ben Trismegistus
March 24th, 2005, 02:14 PM
Awesome paygun... my entry probably won't be in until Friday night, but I'll do my best!

Gwenhwyfar
March 24th, 2005, 03:52 PM
Great idea!

Hedgewytch
March 24th, 2005, 04:24 PM
This week's theme is water. I know this is already Wednesday night, but give it a shot.

I'll post next week's theme on Sunday or Monday. If you have an idea for a theme, PM me and I'll put it on the list if it seems like a winner.

Kudos to you for such a splendid idea and great theme for this week! This is a photo I took a few weekends ago at Ponce de Leon Springs here in Florida, it is a large State Park about 60 miles away from my hometown of Panama City and I often drive up here for personal rites and rituals as I really enjoy the ambience and associated energies of this place :)

-Dawn

http://www.hedgewytchery.com/ponce_de_leon.jpg

paygun
March 24th, 2005, 05:50 PM
Thanks everyone for the photos posted so far. Seeing how people interpret the theme is the best part for me.

paygun
March 24th, 2005, 05:54 PM
http://www.hedgewytchery.com/ponce_de_leon.jpg

Very nice. The reflections really make it.

paygun
March 24th, 2005, 05:59 PM
This sounds like a fun idea. I think taking pictures is fun but I have absolutely no idea what I am doing so I am looking forward to learning things. :)

The learning is part of the fun. The technical side of photography is something anyone can learn so don't let that bother you. I think I see what you were going for here, but I bet your camera won't focus that close. I thought about something similar, but guess what? I don't have a lens that will focus that close, either. :)

Hedgewytch
March 24th, 2005, 11:00 PM
Very nice. The reflections really make it.

Thank you, the pic does not do the actual site justice, the green coloring of the water is this rich verdigris shade that I have not seen elsewhere. It may have something to do with the tannins from all the cypress and such that grows there. It is truly a very magical spot for me.

-Dawn

fiaran_flynn
March 25th, 2005, 02:23 PM
I've posted this one before, but I only found this thread today (oops!) so here is my pic for the theme WATER.

http://us.f3.yahoofs.com/users/41b99850z27aa9b3c/ec3c/__sr_/3e3d.jpg?phJtFRCBlqokZ8E8

Linx
March 27th, 2005, 10:06 AM
I am late, but here is one I took last year...

Toad
March 28th, 2005, 11:48 AM
Here is the shot...taken during the week. I am thoroughly displeased with it...but...a promise is a promise.

paygun
March 28th, 2005, 06:41 PM
Here is the shot...taken during the week. I am thoroughly displeased with it...but...a promise is a promise.

Respect the atomic apple. Do not taunt happy fun atomic apple.

SilverClaw
March 29th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Wow this is cool idea nice pictures everyone!!

Faeawyn
March 29th, 2005, 09:48 PM
I'm no photographer...but I wanted to play too :)
Here's a pic I took of a frozen waterfall in Gatlinburg TN.

Dawa Lhamo
March 30th, 2005, 07:09 PM
A pic I took this weekend at my cousin's farm: