PDA

View Full Version : Paintball

Bullet
March 25th, 2005, 05:30 PM
:fpeek: Well, the name tells you what im gonna talk about so ill just start. Who here likes paint ball. This may not fall into these normal threads so sorry in advanced. :fpeek:
I was playing about a day and half ago and it was the best game of paint ball. Me and my buddies made a small arena in my buddies back yard.
Discription: A 6' deep ditch able to fit 4 people comfortably, 4 barriers and a couple small treanches.
It was a terrific game. It was two on two. Fully automatic paintball guns. :smile: ( It really hurts when you get hit by one.) :fpeek: I was always in the ditch cause there you can hold off at least three enemys there. I got hit 3 times. The rest of them got hit at least 5 times each.
We plan on playing today again so were going to be bruised up pretty bad.
If you like paintball please join me in a conversation here.
Thanks~! :fpeek:

Flaire-FireStar
March 25th, 2005, 05:50 PM
I haven't tried it, but I would in an INSTANT if asked. The last time I was too sick when my friends went. :dis: Grar.

Bullet
March 26th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Cool. Im very sore though. Paintball can be painful.

Flaire-FireStar
March 26th, 2005, 04:31 PM
I don't doubt. :lol: I've seen some of the wounds inflicted.

Tzhebee
March 27th, 2005, 10:52 PM
I love to play! We've got a friend with a couple speed-ball courses, and we'll head out into the woods for some woodsball on occassion. I don't get to play nearly as much as I'd like. But if anyone is ever around here and wants to go, I've got an extra gun, mask and hopper, you just need the balls. *efg*

Bullet
March 28th, 2005, 02:03 PM
cool ill think about it....

David19
July 27th, 2007, 11:40 AM
I want to start getting into paintball, it looks really cool.

Pagan Warrior
July 27th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I do enjoy paintball but haven't played for a loooong time. What's not to love? Shooting, inflicting pain, playing commando ... it's awesome!

Avalanche
July 29th, 2007, 01:17 PM
I haven't played in forever. And I really don't have time anymore with school. I did enjoy it before I went back to school. Maybe someday I'll have time...

LupaWulf
August 8th, 2007, 06:50 AM
I love it!

I play quite a bit, and actually enjoy the company and tinkering with equipment just as much as playing!

What do you all play with?
How long ago did those of you who said you played ages ago actually last play?
What style do you prefer? (ie rec, tourny, woodsball, scenerio, speedball, etc0
Does anyone else play pump?

I have a big collection of different guns since I love paintball. I also really like working on them, and seeing how they all work- so that's another reason the collection seems to grow.
I really like autocockers more than automags; but Palmer's Pursuit guns are to die for. I have a couple of electros, but I never really use them, since I don't need to shoot that much paint - I'm all about taking shots rather than accuracy by volume. I do play pump, and even enjoy that more than regular mech games. It takes more skill, and is a lot more entertaining to me.

I never do speedball or any of that tournament stuff. I'm just not into high competition, and I can't stand playing against cheaters. (Cheating is really prevalent in tournaments and speedball unfortunately) I also don't really run when playing so I'm more recreational. I'm not into the Mil-Sim realism type thing so I don't tend to do scenarios that much.

I post a LOT on a message board that revolves around old or rare guns as well as honor when playing, called MCarterBrown (http://www.mcarterbrown.com). As the Tshirt says, "I'm not Retro, I'm just out of style!" Great paintball board and very entertaining. Some of the guys were talking about forming a Pagan paintball group- much like the CPPL. Not to spite the Christians or anything, but we just thought it would be neat since there really isn't anything like that. Once a few of us get organized and get a site going, I'll make sure to comment and let everyone know.

My favorite field is EMR located in New Milford, PA. The staff there is top notch, the people who attend events are awesome, and the fields themselves are a blast to play on! I used to try and to go to every Castle Conquest I could, but now that I moved to Alaska, I will only be able to make the occasional one.

I doubt anyone here is in Fairbanks area, but if you are- drop me a line and I'll give you directions to the field where we usually play! We love compainy- even if you don't have gear, I'm sure I can dig something out (I have 60-some odd guns to choose from).
Ok.. now that I've posted WAY too much about paintball, I'll run off and stuff...

David19
August 8th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Does anyone know where I can find about local Paintball sites, I'm in London, but I have no idea where to actually go, I want to try and convince some friends to do it with me (otherwise, I probably won't end up doing it, as there's no way I'm going round on my own).

LupaWulf
August 8th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Humm...
I know a few folks in different parts of Europe, but I don't know anyone offhand in the UK. PB Review has a forum for international paintball that seems to have a thread on British Paintball. http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
Those guys are more polite and mature than PBNation, in general.
Here is PBNation's International forum. http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=326
They have one of the most active forums anywhere, but the maturity level is not very high at all. (I rarely post there)

The MCB international spot seems not to be all that busy- but it is here:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/europe/
Sometimes it is worth a shot posting a thread with a question on the off chance someone from the area will see it and respond.

You do come from a great paintball area, isn't the company that produces Sterlings and Soverigns from your neck of the woods? I think Eclipse is as well, and they make NICE things.

Google pulled up the following results for paintball. http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=paintball&near=London,+United+Kingdom&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1
A really good idea is to visit the local stores and ask them what they recommend for places to play. Sometimes the stores will be able to give you discounted or free passes too.

Good luck! It's a lot of fun to go out with friends. Make sure you bring enough water or what have you to drink, since it's really easy to get dehydrated while running around on the field wearing the mask and all.

Let me know if any of that helped. I hope it did!

David19
August 9th, 2007, 11:23 AM
Humm...
I know a few folks in different parts of Europe, but I don't know anyone offhand in the UK. PB Review has a forum for international paintball that seems to have a thread on British Paintball. http://www.pbreview.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26
Those guys are more polite and mature than PBNation, in general.
Here is PBNation's International forum. http://www.pbnation.com/forumdisplay.php?f=326
They have one of the most active forums anywhere, but the maturity level is not very high at all. (I rarely post there)

The MCB international spot seems not to be all that busy- but it is here:
http://www.mcarterbrown.com/forums/europe/
Sometimes it is worth a shot posting a thread with a question on the off chance someone from the area will see it and respond.

You do come from a great paintball area, isn't the company that produces Sterlings and Soverigns from your neck of the woods? I think Eclipse is as well, and they make NICE things.

Google pulled up the following results for paintball. http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=paintball&near=London,+United+Kingdom&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=1&ct=more-results&cd=1
A really good idea is to visit the local stores and ask them what they recommend for places to play. Sometimes the stores will be able to give you discounted or free passes too.

Good luck! It's a lot of fun to go out with friends. Make sure you bring enough water or what have you to drink, since it's really easy to get dehydrated while running around on the field wearing the mask and all.

Let me know if any of that helped. I hope it did!

Thanks for the links and the info.

IronSeraphim
August 9th, 2007, 11:32 AM
I enjoy paintball thoroughly.......though it seems like everytime I go and play ( woodsball ) I end up with poison ivy. Hard to say whether it's worth it or not. :)......naw, it is.

Zibblsnrt
August 11th, 2007, 05:28 PM
Just got back from a woodball bout, as opposed to the speedball field that most people around here go to. That was suitably ridiculous at points, and got a lot better after we all got into it and started feeling comfortable doing things like swan dives and low crawls through brush.

Getting tagged five times in the second match 'cause I forgot to take the safety off kinda sucked, though. ;)

The last bout we had was fun; it was a bachelor party or part thereof, so we sent the groom-to-be out into the field alone, gave him two minutes to hide himself and then went out in pairs, every couple minutes, to try to catch him. He got four of us before running out of ammo.