View Full Version : Help needed

Yvonne Belisle
October 9th, 2001, 07:30 PM
I need a bit of help. Up top I am a larger woman and I have a problem. THe skin below my parts gets rubbed raw and bloody. I have tried baby powder, cornstarch, and nothing works. With or without a bra this occurs. With a bra it goes farther in a line without it covers a wider space. I am tired of losing skin. Any tips?

October 9th, 2001, 07:39 PM
My mother had a similiar problem-- she developed a nasty infection. She went to the doctor, who gave her a cream for it, which helped a little, but it finally got to the point where she had to go in and have a breast reduction. What did your doctor say?

Yvonne Belisle
October 9th, 2001, 07:48 PM
My first thought was fungle infection since it's a hot moist area. The dr checked and said that it was fine but that the salts and acids in my sweat was rubbing away the top layers of skin he suggested gold bond or baby powder but they were not effective. There have been checks done to make sure nothing is wrong that can lead to infection and he told me to dry them several times a day. That has cut back on it but I am very acidic especially near my period and aparently in some sensitive spots my skin does this. I have taken to using a scrub brush on them and it hurts like **** but it has reduced some of the damage since there is less to rub and abraide no dead skin to add to things and AI use eucerin on them when I'm done. It still happens but not as bad. Currently I use the scrub brush and lotion plus when they are dry I use goldbond medicated. Help owies!!! I don't want to loose them I like them the way they are except for this.

October 9th, 2001, 11:29 PM
Well..for one thing, I would DEFINATELY wear a Cotton Bra, if possible, when you do wear one. Perhaps a sports bra. You should probably wear a bra almost all the time, except when you are sleeping, so that it will absorb some of the acidic sweat. Definately Cotton, synthetic fibres are so incredibly abrasive, plus..I remember you saying you had a rayon allergy. Could your bra's contain some of these synthetic fibres??? So..wear cotton. I know someone who gets the same thing, between his theighs. And the doctor told him to switch to the boxer/briefs, to absorb the sweat..all 100% Cotton, too. So..that might help. You should also change the bra, once a day if possible.

Yvonne Belisle
October 9th, 2001, 11:48 PM
They don't come in my size that way but I can try using a piece of cotton inside them.

October 9th, 2001, 11:58 PM
you could try tanning. i used to get a pretty bad rash when i shave but after tanning it is gone. i go a couple times a week maybe 3. i know some people will say it causes cancer and wrinkles but in small sessions it will improve your skin also helps with break outs just make sure to prop you tits up so the light gets to the area and start out with no more than 10 minutes
good luck

October 10th, 2001, 12:41 AM

I don't have this problem, however I think if you cannot find 100% cotton bras, maybe a cotton shirt or cloth will do? I mean under your shirt during the day maybe fold up a cotton shirt or cloth and "tuck" it under your breasts. That way the bra won't be rubbing on you, and you'll still have cloth "protecting" your skin.

Hope you find a solution that works for you.

Yvonne Belisle
October 10th, 2001, 12:48 AM
there has to be something other than using them as arm warmers to keep air cerculating that will work so I'm going to try everything I can in sequence till I find something.

October 10th, 2001, 01:03 PM
You can get a man's undershirt tank top. They come in 100% cotton. Some joggers have that problem with their thighs rubbing. As someone suggested, cotton helps absorb. As well, they use a petroleum jelly there to cut down on the friction.

Here's a recipe for a quick natural salve.

1 tsp grated beeswax
5 tsp olive oil, infused with calendula petals & strained.

Melt over a double boiler & pour into a clean dry container.

October 10th, 2001, 01:12 PM
I love calendula ointment. She should only use that as a temporary salve though, since she doesn't want to lock in any moisture, i would think. Basically, if you do go with an ointment, yvonne, i would apply a VERY thin layer..don't glob it on. You need your skin to breathe:)

October 10th, 2001, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Danustouch
I love calendula ointment. She should only use that as a temporary salve though, since she doesn't want to lock in any moisture, i would think. Basically, if you do go with an ointment, yvonne, i would apply a VERY thin layer..don't glob it on. You need your skin to breathe:)

Yes, use a thin layer. Calendula is very healing for skin irritations. Beeswax is better for you than petroleum jelly - a petroleum by-product. Also, beeswax will absorb into your skin and form a breathable layer.

Yvonne Belisle
October 10th, 2001, 02:52 PM
This is great more options!!! Yeah!!!

Shy Hawk
October 13th, 2001, 04:16 PM
Yeah, this sucks, it used to happen to me too. Hmm....are you sure your bra is well fitted? That could be causing troubles too.

I guess I just got used to it, and built up tough skin. lol I find that underwires help a bit.

Yvonne Belisle
October 13th, 2001, 04:18 PM
They fit as well as they can

October 23rd, 2001, 12:52 AM
my grandmother had this problem as well. if you aren't a vegetarian i suggest pure lanolin. it should be applied when your skin is completely dry but will last a long time. also i have used an ointment of camphor for 'chachi'. my son marches in drum corps and they all swear by my camphor. he even sells it at camps and competitions in the summer for extra cash.