PDA

View Full Version : I have a new series!

Yasmine Galenorn
March 28th, 2005, 01:15 PM
Yes, Penguin accepted my proposal for a new series--it may be coming out under Ace, and my tentative title for it is the Sisters of the Moon Series--very Buffy-Charlies Angels-Laura Croft with a lot of dark humor, racier than my cozies...anyway, details aren't totally ironed out but they've made the offer, I've accepted, and my agent is working out the details. Three books to start.

This means I'm going to be very scarce here but will try to drop in once every couple weeks to say hi and answer questions. With three series, I am going to be managing every minute--but I love it, and this new one will be fun and I think a nice counterpoint to the Chintz 'n China series.

Meanwhile, Sam's new job is going great, and I'm plowing my way through writing the second India Ink book. :hahugh:

Yazza :colorful:

Nighthawk
March 28th, 2005, 01:22 PM
Go go go go, my friend..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Di Dio
March 28th, 2005, 02:37 PM
Fabulous news, Yasmine!!!! Time to celebrate! :fprtyman4

Oh, wait. You won't have time to celebrate. You'll be writing like a madwoman. We shall all have to celebrate for you!

:fprtyman2

Lisa

MoonDragn
March 28th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Yes, Penguin accepted my proposal for a new series--it may be coming out under Ace, and my tentative title for it is the Sisters of the Moon Series--very Buffy-Charlies Angels-Laura Croft with a lot of dark humor, racier than my cozies...anyway, details aren't totally ironed out but they've made the offer, I've accepted, and my agent is working out the details. Three books to start.

This means I'm going to be very scarce here but will try to drop in once every couple weeks to say hi and answer questions. With three series, I am going to be managing every minute--but I love it, and this new one will be fun and I think a nice counterpoint to the Chintz 'n China series.

Meanwhile, Sam's new job is going great, and I'm plowing my way through writing the second India Ink book. :hahugh:

Woot! sounds like my kinda book :) Make her have a special magic power but different depending on the phase of the moon ;)

Yasmine Galenorn
March 28th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Woot! sounds like my kinda book :) Make her have a special magic power but different depending on the phase of the moon ;)

LOL...oh, it's a lot more fun than that...actually the series surrounds three sisters, each of whom has a distinct, if faulty, ability. :) More later.

Yasmine :colorful:

Yasmine Galenorn
March 28th, 2005, 07:38 PM
Fabulous news, Yasmine!!!! Time to celebrate! :fprtyman4

Oh, wait. You won't have time to celebrate. You'll be writing like a madwoman. We shall all have to celebrate for you!

:fprtyman2

Lisa

Well, going out to dinner tonight after my massage and Sam's acupuncture treatment...and pretty much ended up taking today off while I am getting used to the thought of so much work (but fun work...well...hard work, but fun most of the time!).

Yazza :hugz:

Aidron
March 28th, 2005, 07:44 PM
Congragulations, kiddo. _pounce_

But if I pick up the paper one day and it says "Yasmine Galenorn, infamous author and wild woman died today from too much work..." I'm going to summon your spirit up and give you quite the verbal lashing. :tongueout

BrigidMoon
March 28th, 2005, 08:31 PM
Wow, that's AWESOME! :)

nomadicdragon
March 28th, 2005, 09:12 PM
WOOHOO!!!! :woot:

Pure Ahimsa
March 28th, 2005, 09:18 PM
:drinking:

WandererInGray
March 28th, 2005, 09:21 PM
*grins* And again...:woot:

Kadynas
March 29th, 2005, 02:25 AM
:yayhawaii: Yeaaaahh! More books to look forward to! :D Congrats!

morrigen
March 29th, 2005, 03:55 AM
From someone else who's not around much these days...

Congratulations! It was nice to drop in and see one of my favorite MWer's doing well :)

Yasmine Galenorn
March 30th, 2005, 07:16 PM
Congragulations, kiddo. _pounce_

But if I pick up the paper one day and it says "Yasmine Galenorn, infamous author and wild woman died today from too much work..." I'm going to summon your spirit up and give you quite the verbal lashing. :tongueout

HEY TWIT... :hugz:

I THRIVE on deadlines and pressure. LOL...I'm just so psyched. Talked to my editor this morning and she said everybody at Penguin just LOVES the proposal, they're just figuring out where to place it. It may come out under the ACE imprint, but not sure yet. But they think it's got everything needed to really break out and make it. YAYYYY. :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

Okay, back to work. :)

Yazzapanther :colorful:

DraconisArcanus
March 30th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Congrats m'lady! Hard work never hurt anyone and I am sure you are more then up to the task at hand!

Brightest Blessings!

Rev Draconis
First Degree Correllian Clergy

DragonsChest
March 30th, 2005, 09:14 PM
I am so happy for you!!! And of course, for us, because we'll get to read more from you. This is amazing news!!!! :broomride Will you get to write under your own name on this one?

You are such a deserving person, and I'm very glad to be able to enjoy your work. :spinnysmi

Yasmine Galenorn
March 31st, 2005, 01:26 AM
Congrats m'lady! Hard work never hurt anyone and I am sure you are more then up to the task at hand! Brightest Blessings! Rev Draconis

Thank you to one of my favorite dragons here! (And to Nomadic Dragon too!).

I am so happy for you!!! And of course, for us, because we'll get to read more from you. This is amazing news!!!! :broomride Will you get to write under your own name on this one?

You are such a deserving person, and I'm very glad to be able to enjoy your work. :spinnysmi

Yes, under my own name. It won't be in one of the mystery lines, most likely, since it's much more paranormal suspense/humor/fantasy/...uh...let's see...well, they're trying to figure out just where to put it! LOL...but yes, that was one of my stipulations to my agent: either my real name, or no deal.

I'm thrilled...I like working with Penguin. :)

Jenne
March 31st, 2005, 01:34 AM
:woot: Ding-dangit, Girl! You are on fire! I look forward to reading them--once your overworked brain has produced them! Congrats, Yazza! :hugz:

Gala
March 31st, 2005, 01:37 AM
Conga Rats my friend. I have lost your email. I lost it when the computer got wiped again.
it is still having fits, but I have a new one so... hahaah I'm on it.
Not going to the cat site because I have to have the cookies enabled and I am afraid to. Whadda ya think? Tell everyone there that Sox misses them.
I can't wait till your India ink comes out. My goodness. I"m going to have to buy a book case just for your books.

Yasmine Galenorn
April 1st, 2005, 12:45 AM
Conga Rats my friend. I have lost your email. I lost it when the computer got wiped again.
it is still having fits, but I have a new one so... hahaah I'm on it.
Not going to the cat site because I have to have the cookies enabled and I am afraid to. Whadda ya think? Tell everyone there that Sox misses them.
I can't wait till your India ink comes out. My goodness. I"m going to have to buy a book case just for your books.

I've never had problems with the cookies from the cat site--man that place saves my sanity. :)

Busy here, crazy busy now, but did drop you a quick email with my addy on it. And Sox is muchly missed over at C-Chat too.

Huggles, lady,

Yasmine Galenorn
April 1st, 2005, 12:47 AM
:woot: Ding-dangit, Girl! You are on fire! I look forward to reading them--once your overworked brain has produced them! Congrats, Yazza! :hugz:

I'm just a fiery type of woman, huh? ~grins~ Seriously, I sleep in red (not burgundy but RED) sheets and love it!

I'm lucky that I love my work and love being busy...these are going to be so much fun to write.

Yazza (off to finish answering email and stuff like that) :colorful:

Niamh celtic mist
April 3rd, 2005, 10:40 PM
Congrats Yasmine!! :woot:

Yasmine Galenorn
April 5th, 2005, 01:36 PM
Congrats Yasmine!! :woot:

Thanks! I'm just in the process of setting due dates for the manuscripts with my editor.

Yasmine :colorful:

misschief
April 5th, 2005, 01:37 PM
that's great! keep us updated so i can check it out when it hits the shelves :D.

i'm about to start a writing venture myself... *bangs on her brain*... so good luck.

Yasmine Galenorn
April 5th, 2005, 01:39 PM
that's great! keep us updated so i can check it out when it hits the shelves :D.

i'm about to start a writing venture myself... *bangs on her brain*... so good luck.

~grins~ Yeah, this isn't going to be a cozy series, by any means.
Good luck on your writing! Take a deep breath, dive in, and grit your teeth. It's a bumpy and rough ride, but those can be fun. :bigredgri

Nighthawk
April 5th, 2005, 03:08 PM
Go Yazza Yazza Go

Sage Rainsong
April 30th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Congrats Yasmine I can't wait to buy them (I have all of your books fiction and non in and out of print) You're such a tease though I want to know more about the series. :hehehehe:

Yasmine Galenorn
April 30th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Congrats Yasmine I can't wait to buy them (I have all of your books fiction and non in and out of print) You're such a tease though I want to know more about the series. :hehehehe:
LOL...can't say too much about a series that isn't written yet--not a good idea. :cool:

But it should be fun!

Ravens_Tears
May 2nd, 2005, 12:49 AM
Congrats! Looking forward to them! :)