View Full Version : rune spread that you use..

March 28th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Clockwork_Eros mentioned in Lesson 3 about posting some spreads he uses and instead of posting them in the Lesson 3 thread I thought it would be better to post them here.

So Clockwork_Eros go ahead and post them here.:chattin: Also if anyone else has other spreads to post you to can add them here.:megaphone Just remember to get the spreads done in Lesson 3.

March 28th, 2005, 03:11 PM
Okay, the past-present-future spread put down by Bran is my Nornic spread:
[Urdhr] -> () <- [Verthandi]

The Urdhr (past) and Verthandi (present) act together to fom the Skuld (future) The Urdhr is the root of the question/problem which conditions the Verthandi, or present situation, which tells the process of what is happening in the present. these two synthesize into the Skuld, which is the probable outcome given the first two positions.

This can be extended into a Valknutr (knot of the slain). I'm sure you've seen one, they are three connecting triangles.

Three groups of three lots are picked, and placed into three triangles (like the nornic Cast)
The first triangle is the analysis of Urdhr, the second Verthandi, the third, Skuld. So in effect you are given the Urdhr of respective triangle, the Verthandi of respective triangle, and the Skuld of respective triangle. It gives a more complete picture. (you get the past of the past, present, future, the present of the past, present, future, and the future of the past, present, future. Obviously there is no present or future in the past, so it is more length of time, as well as shaping- the Verthandi of Urdhr has more influence with the present, while the Skuld of Urdhr has more influence with the future.)

I hope those weren't too confusing.

(Are we going to be learning aspects in this class?)

March 28th, 2005, 06:21 PM
Nope did not confuse me at all, and you graphic is just showing an angelfire graphic. And what do you mean by aspects just so i am clear with what you mean.

March 29th, 2005, 01:07 AM
Aspects. I'm not too familiar with it myself, I'm still learning about it. Aspectarian readings, to my knowledge, take into account all of the relationships between runes, as well as the degree to which they fell, and if you use certain cloths with say the airts or the planes of existence, where they fall on the cloth. It gets very very complicated, and rather confusing. I'll see what more I can dredge up. (my book is downstairs and people are sleeping, I don't want to wake anyone, but I can probably post some more tomorrow or weds.)

wait, call me a liar. found the book in my room.

Aspects are the brightstaves and murkstaves, the positive and negative. They are normally decided by how the rune falls.
You can decide if they are face up or face down, upright or inverted, or by the angle they fall to each other. generally, if a rune is between 5 and 45, or 135 and 360 degrees they are positive. If they are between 45 and 135 they are negative. Exact measurements aren't neccesary. The closer to a bright angle, the more positive it is read. Juxtapositions close to 90 degrees should be read as blockages, while 180 are detrimental but will have positive outcomes.

You can also decide if a rune falls outside the cloth, or on a specific area.

There is also Aett aspectarian, which is rather confusing, using groupings of three runes. I really need an image to explain it, so I'll draw something up and scan it. look for that either tomorrow or weds.

March 29th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Ok from what I am understanding from your post, no we will not be covering it in the class.