PDA

View Full Version : "Book of Shadows" by Phyllis Curott

Ari
March 12th, 2001, 01:50 AM
I'm a little over half way through; language is good, descriptions are lovely, plot is somewhat predictable but the author's writing style is enough to make it engaging...for the most part, she integrates the 'instructional' bits where she needs to explain practices and concepts quite well, most of the time they don't seem excessively contrived. I especially like the descriptions of her group's rituals, which are very well done.

Niamh
March 12th, 2001, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info! I took taht book out of the library when I was in the middle of my Master's degree, and, lo and behold, didn't have time to read it! I'll have to take it up again.

belladonna23
March 12th, 2001, 09:47 PM
I absolutely loved this book... this is the first book I read on Wicca and paganism in general. This is a book that literally helped me change my life.

Ari
March 13th, 2001, 02:38 AM
The introductory information on the Craft doesn't interest me all that much at this stage, but I liked all the parts where she gets the better of her evil boss. I worked for an irresponsible jerk for a while, so I can get into the oppressed-employee-sisterhood thing ;)

BrightStar
March 16th, 2001, 01:37 AM
Hi all!
Thanks for the info Ari.I've been wondering about that book.Thinking about picking up a copy.I'll have to give it a read.The whole lawyer-witch thang seems interesting to me.
Peace and Love
Rain BrightStar

Wyrdsister
March 24th, 2001, 08:45 PM
I thought this book was great, too. Her writing style is so engaging! This is the only book that I've read that's talked about someone's personal experiences and how they came to Wicca as a religion and a way of life. Loved it!

Wyrdsister

Niamh
March 24th, 2001, 11:08 PM
I love reading about people from different walks of life who have embraced paganism, Wicca, Witchcraft, etc., etc.... A lot of fundies would be shocked to find out just who walks the Path! Lawyers, doctors, politicians, librarians! I think it's great.