PDA

View Full Version : Going too far

Yvonne Belisle
October 12th, 2001, 01:49 AM
The following was in my email and if true or a hoax it says one thing clearly. We have lost our marbles. This is one of the more extream of ideas on how to deal with the attacks. Not every site that has things like this is serious and to be honest I was scared to ask! :eek:

Taking terrorism seriously.
http://www.makempay.com/

Makempay.com, a Michigan based company, is planning on dropping
thousands of rolls of bin Laden toilet paper on Afghanistan, in
an attempt to ''help wipe out terrorism'' and to help people
'relieve themselves from Osma bin Laden.'' Some proceeds also go
to the families of the World Trade Center victims.

No word on how they plan to get a non-military aircraft to last
more than a few seconds over Afghanistan, assuming they even get
permission to fly.

Swanspirit
October 12th, 2001, 02:05 AM
The USA never suffered from a shortage of nutcases, weirdos,and just plain crass opportunists prior to the "war"...... and I am sure that the stress levels have put some people that were on the edge ..... well over it.......and lets face it some were already over it............the LINE of good taste and
common sense .... that is.......
Love and light
Swannie

Danustouch
October 12th, 2001, 02:11 AM
I agree..sounds like a hoax to me. I mean..Propaganda has been a useful tool in MANY wars...but..considering that your average person from Afghanistan, probably cannot read, and if so, can't read english. I hardly think they would get the joke. So..what would the point be, even if it WERE a form of propaganda? Stupid, Childish, Moronic..and ..opportunist. GRRRRR

Swanspirit
October 12th, 2001, 02:23 AM
I think it was one of those experts on TV on terrorism that is being dragged out of the woodwork and having a mic shoved in their face said..........
that burning O-B-L in effigy would send a very good message as to what we think of him in this country.......but I think it would be way too close to other things that have happened in this country that we are none too proud of......
just didnt sit well...... after some thought...... initially it sounded way too appealing , I must have been deeper into some stage of anger than I thought .........
:rolleyes:
Love and light
Swannie