PDA

View Full Version : Reviews and opinions please

SeaMyst
April 10th, 2005, 05:30 PM
I've been working on this site for my hubby for quite some time now. I could use some suggestions on how to improve the site further and how to get more people involved in the forums. Thanks in advance for checking it out and offering your opinions! :D www.thricetaboo.com It's a pagan community with a little different view.

Kalika
October 6th, 2005, 11:35 AM
I really like your layout! :)

Nemesis Descending
October 6th, 2005, 01:52 PM
I could use some suggestions on how to improve the site further and how to get more people involved in the forums. Thanks in advance for checking it out and offering your opinions!

The site looks good, nice job. I do have a question though. On your "About Us" section you have this statement: Do you have a strong opinion on political events, stem cell research, or democrats? Let it blast in POLITICS".

I notice that you don't have "republicans" on the list of topics, which left me with the impression that the site is operating under a bias, and is directed by conservatives. Is this the case? If not, you may want to open it up to a wider audience by adding "republicans" to the list.

I also have a comment. On your red flags section, you have he statement:

Be leery of sites offering to sell access to the Wiccan Mysteries. Wicca has opened up tremendously in the last few years and isnít much of a mystery anymore. Seek knowledge freely from the Internet, your local library, and through contact with other practitioners.

I think it's note worthy that most people don't know the mysteries because they're typically passed through initiatory lineage systems. The "opened up" to which you refer is the "watering down" that diluted the Craft and washed away the mysteries. You won't find them on the Internet, nor in the personal musings of the self-initiated.

DebLipp
October 6th, 2005, 02:33 PM
A few suggestions:

Most web usability experts discourage an "enter" page, unless you want a gateway to get people to acknowledge they're of-age, they serve no purpose except to force people to make an extra click before they get where they want.

I have a dedicated connection and it's still loading slowly. Much slower than MW, for example, which has much more content.

The banner graphic is a little grainy. "Vent you Views" and "Learn Something New" are hard to read.

SeaMyst
October 7th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Thanks, everyone. :) I appreciate the feedback!

Faelon_Moon_Hawk
October 9th, 2005, 01:51 PM
just a few things...the yellow links on the Lammas article are nearly impossible to read against the cream background, so you might wanna change that. I also find the layout a little confusing and disjoined. You have the top menu bar, followed by a side menu bar, and if you scroll down there's a ton of info on the page...you might want to consider breaking it up into afew different pages. I also think you might want to re-evaluate your colorscheme..you use a lot of very strong, vibrant colors, which can seem over powering. Also the background doesn't seem to fit with the other graphics on the site, the bright blue distracts me. A really good tool to see what colors look like together for designing site color schemes is the visibone color lab (http://www.visibone.com/colorlab/).