PDA

View Full Version : Healing w/out attunements?

frigga
April 12th, 2005, 11:00 AM
A few years back I became interested in Reiki and bought a few books and started doing healing sessions on my husband who has IBS, and a few friends. Suprisingly, my sessions brought about wonderful results and I was being called on by friends and neighbors for help. Now I'm in a weird pickle because I don't feel like I'm really doing it because I haven't received my attunements, and all my responses are just in my friends "heads". I haven't done any healings since this started eating me up. I was wondering if anyone had any words of advise or similar experiences. Also, is it all in thier heads or could I really perform Reiki, even though I lack being attuned? I know it's said that anyone can do it, but it just seemed to easy to for me to really work.

Sage Rainsong
April 12th, 2005, 11:40 AM
You can heal without attunements. I have before I got them. I worked but I have to say it feels different. Don't worry its not all in your head.

Wolfscout1
April 12th, 2005, 03:47 PM
Agreed.

Some people can reach out an tap into the various universal energies without the aid of others.

I'd continue to do as you have been.

Lady RedHawk
April 12th, 2005, 09:18 PM
The healings are definitely not in your head or in your friends' heads. It is common for people to be able heal without formal initiations or attunements. What I have found is that people in your situation do what is called pranic healing. They use their natural talent in healing to alter the body's energy patterns or prana. I can't say if what you have is reiki or not. It very well may be. Spirit gives to those who are open to receive. The attunements in reiki traditions are primarily used to raise an individual's vibration levels, connect an idividual with the energy flow and to teach how to use it.

Please, if you are doing successful healings and not using up your personal resources, continue to do them. If you are using your personal resources (feeling drained or overly tired after a treatment) you may just need some training in order to teach you how to be the conduit and not the source.

arctic splash
April 13th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Of course you can channel energies without attunements. But you might want to look into other books on hands-on healing (not just reiki).

9-2-2
April 14th, 2005, 12:02 AM
You can curse on the full moon, and heal during the dark moon when all planets are in an anti-heal alignment called neutral evil... *cough*lol*cough*

You don't need ANY tools to perform any kind of working. Attunements are only another kind of tool. I heal my SO's tummy all of the time, I scry all the time, I shield all of the time, etc.

The only way planetary alignments would affect my workings is if Mars collided with the Earth and either smushed me or sent Earth's natural energies into haywire status.

9-2-2
April 14th, 2005, 12:03 AM
I think I may be speaking of the wrong kind of "attunements". :drool:

Tabbykitty
April 14th, 2005, 01:37 AM
Hi Frigga,

yes, you can do healing without attunement to this energy system or to that energy system. Thing is, if you believe in past lives, many of us were involved at one time or the other with energy in one incarnation or another. And we "remember" that, but only on the subconscious level. Personally I believe we each have our own unique energy that we are already able to call up at any time.

What happens during attunement, is making the person being attuned more "connected" to a certain kind of energy. If you are clairvoyant, you might get a vision of attunement when you see it being done... where you see either the dna, muscle structure, or energy grid system realigning or something etheric being created in the body of the person being attuned. This is to allow the new energy to flow through the person more smoothly and much stronger than before.

Hope this helps to explain how healing can occur without attunement.

Pls be careful when healing though. If you find that your own life energy is being drawn out, do not proceed. You will not only become tired, but also might shorten your own life if you do it incorrectly. There are stories in the east of Chi Gung healers with very very short lives, especially those who do a lot of healing and who do not replenish their energy at a rate that is sustainable.

VelvetBlade
April 14th, 2005, 06:55 AM
I agree that you can definately heal without receiving an attunement. But maybe if it's so much in the forefront of your mind....someone or something is telling you to get one. Maybe it'll help bring you to the next level....

~VB

frigga
May 13th, 2005, 12:24 PM
Thank so much for your responses, I really appriciate them! No, I wasn't talking about planetary allignments, though I hadn't even thought of them as being helpful or a hinderance humm...and no, I don't drain myself, I use earth energy. I've always had a sort of closed cuircut loop between myself and this energy, so it makes it fairly easy to tap into.

Kalika
May 13th, 2005, 01:36 PM
A few years back I became interested in Reiki and bought a few books and started doing healing sessions on my husband who has IBS, and a few friends. Suprisingly, my sessions brought about wonderful results and I was being called on by friends and neighbors for help. Now I'm in a weird pickle because I don't feel like I'm really doing it because I haven't received my attunements, and all my responses are just in my friends "heads". I haven't done any healings since this started eating me up. I was wondering if anyone had any words of advise or similar experiences. Also, is it all in thier heads or could I really perform Reiki, even though I lack being attuned? I know it's said that anyone can do it, but it just seemed to easy to for me to really work.

I definitely think that you can heal w/out attunements. :) I always have, and its always worked well for me.

I think the end result is what matters the most.

Aurin
May 23rd, 2005, 07:20 PM
Energy healing without Reiki? preposterous! No, I'm kidding -- it's definitely possible but If you receive your reiki attunement(s) I'm sure you'll feel a difference (Perhaps subtle, perhaps not). No, it's not "all in your head".