PDA

View Full Version : Books on Reiki

Allegra2
April 14th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Can any one recomend any good books on Reiki?

My boyfriend has excellend abilities to heal, but has never tried to hone his skills. I gave him a book I had lying around, but its spelling and grammer was so atrocious that he didn't want to read it.

Suggestions?

Allegra

Sage Rainsong
April 14th, 2005, 05:21 PM
Hands of Light : A Guide to Healing Through the Human Energy Field by BARBARA BRENNAN (Paperback)

This book isn't reiki specific but it is an excellent psychic healing book. My reiki teacher loved it as well.

The Power of Reiki : An Ancient Hands-On Healing Technique by Tanmaya Honervogt
Good reiki book, a little basic though

and this is good to have if you are a pagan energy healer.
A Handbook for Pagan Healers by Liz Joan

star_childe
April 23rd, 2005, 11:22 PM
Can any one recomend any good books on Reiki?

My boyfriend has excellend abilities to heal, but has never tried to hone his skills. I gave him a book I had lying around, but its spelling and grammer was so atrocious that he didn't want to read it.

Suggestions?

Allegra

i wonder why he never tried to hone his skills?

Allegra2
April 26th, 2005, 01:34 PM
i wonder why he never tried to hone his skills?

He was raised southern baptist.(sp?) and was taught that any "gift" a person might have is God given. Which seemed to leave a lasting impression that any ettempt to change the skill for the better was a sin of some sort. Of course he feels funny using his skills on any one else, but will heal me with out a second thought.

Allex

HOLMES
May 6th, 2005, 05:38 AM
The books I reccomend for reiki are

essential reiki

the spirit of reiki

the steve murray ultimate reiki book

the reiki sourcebook

and all love, the guidebook for sciem,skhm masters.

with these five you will have almost all the myths dispelled about reiki,
for example dr usai didnt' come to america to study , and he wasnt' a christian.

I seen hands of lights also mention, so let me expand that a bit as well
hands of light yes
light emerging (particulary for the soul seat, hara, soul id point, and core star is invaluble, and if you study the light body by orin and daben, you will also find that these points but for the core star all correspond).
other books I have that are based on hands on healing are
your hands can heal you (pranic healing)
alchemical healing (by nikki scully, she goes into reiki, elemental healing with the five elements, guide healing with her power animals guides and focuses on thoth a bit as well).
angel medicine (for some other take on things)
quantum touch the power to heal(this focuses on resonating, and breath work)
the healing energy of your hands
healing with the rainbow rays, the art of colour energy therapy
hands on healing, a pratical guide to channeling your healing energy and spiritual healing a pratical guide to hands on healing by jack angelo

for chakras as well
Eastern Body, Western Mind: Psychology and the Chakra System as a Path to the Self
Anatomy of the Spirit : The Seven Stages of Power and Healing

and by the time you are done,, you will have an understanding of reiki, working with angels, and guides when healin through the hands of light and light emerging book.
understand how to basically heal through the micheal bradford book and jack angelo books.
and the chakra knowledge will help you understand energy blockages.

and this all can only help your reiki studies.

I also have vibrational medicine,, it is a big book and i feel it is quite wordy.
i do not have the pratical vibration medicine book so perhaps it puts all that theory into more pratical terms.

in the book energy medicine by donna eden she goes into a bit of shaistu, chakras..
and i was thinking i was a getting a book on pure channeling energy and light.
but it was good for it lead me to read a bit on shaistsu.

oh yes if you can find it a manual of healing by anni dixon is great for spiritual healing and is based on jin shin do.

HOLMES
June 1st, 2005, 02:33 AM
there is also the ultimate reiki guide two that just came out by steve murray he focuses on the chakras and a new healing attunement.

there is a new book out by the reiki sourcebook authors as well called the
The Japanese Art of Reiki : A Practical Guide to Self-Healing
it is focuses on reiki techiques the japanes never left as taught by usui which the traditional usai teacher in the west doesnt' know.

both these book as well as
Reiki Best Practices : Wonderful Tools of Healing for the First, Second and Third Degree of Reiki

i will order from amazon and look forward to coming back and telling how they are in a few weeks :)