PDA

View Full Version : Seeing Ravens

destinystar
April 15th, 2005, 08:21 PM
At least once a day, I always see a raven nearby. I wonder if this means something, like if it's a sign or an omen.

Silver_FireStar
April 15th, 2005, 11:06 PM
totem animal maybe? Or if it's the same raven maybe it's watching over you -shrugs-

ravenmyst
April 16th, 2005, 12:13 AM
ravens are most likely your totem too, like mine. they are everywhere for me, watching what they do, directions they are coming from and such can give you omens as well, not %100 on all the particulars though

SoulHealer
April 16th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Raven meanings

Associated Deities: Odin, Morrighan, Macha, Freya, Bran, and Apollo
Element: Air, Water
Direction: North, West, and Northwest
Festivals: Samhain, Imbolc
Symbol of Mystery
The colour black associated with the night, great void and Earth
Born of primordial darkness or created the light
In China is a solar symbol
A symbol of our soul
Enter the darkness of the void
Guardian of ceremonial magick

Introspection, courage, self-knowledge, healing, initiation, protection, shape shifting, and creation consciousness, prophecy, magick, transformation, and clairvoyance, change in consciousness

Xentor
April 16th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Admin mode

Sometimes I wonder if our members even know that MW has a search function.

Moved to Critter Chat. Please post in the correct forums.

destinystar
April 18th, 2005, 08:48 PM
ravens are most likely your totem too, like mine. they are everywhere for me, watching what they do, directions they are coming from and such can give you omens as well, not %100 on all the particulars though

*hmm* I see. I'm not sure if I'm seeing the same raven, but maybe it has become my totem like you said. Will I see it in my dreams anytime soon?

ravenmyst
April 18th, 2005, 09:17 PM
I dont see the same raven, however they are everywhere I am. I do have a dream raven, who comes when I am overwhelmed in life, she gives a glimpse of the path I need to choose. Most I see are in flocks though, or at least in threes

Darakash
April 18th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Admin mode

Well, I put in the word "raven" in search and the only relelvant thread that came up was this one....so, hmmm, maybe not searching the best way? I often wonder about that...re-posting, etc. and while i certainly see that this could be seen as "critter chat" it is more to me, a pagan/spiritually oriented question...so if I had posted the original I would not be sure where to post it either...not trying to be arumentative, but not sure, if there is a place to go and ask before posting such a question?

Viseux
April 30th, 2005, 09:37 AM
Admin mode

Sometimes I wonder if our administers read a thread before moving it?
Mention an animal... it Has to go to Critter Chat, regardless of the question or it's context! Mention a child... Has to go to Parenting, etc., etc., etc.!!!
I also wonder if they feel the Respect Rule applies to their posts.

In answer to the original post...

This could be a Totem Animal or possibly even your familiar! Then again, it may just be a bird on a wire. I would meditate on this and search your dreams for the answer.

Blessings,
Viseux

Aleigh
April 30th, 2005, 10:05 AM
It's funny you posted this because I've been seeing ravens all over the place for the last few weeks. Always just one at a time, but at least once a day. It kind of wigged me out a first, but I've been thinking it's probably just because it's spring and they're attracted to all the bugs and stuff that are finally starting to emerge? :whatgives How long has this been going on for you?

Admin mode

I agree with the others. Granted, I don't know where this was posted originally, and I'm sure constantly having to move threads to the correct forum gets very irritating, but it seems like this post doesn't really belong in Critter Chat. It's a symbolism/spiritual question, not something like "How do I take care of this sick raven I found?" More importantly, this admin post didn't seem very "respectful" to me...quite rude, actually. :eyebrow:

Kaylara
May 3rd, 2005, 01:22 PM
*Administrator Mode*
Moved to Just Pagan. Please move post things in the proper forums, and please move them to the correct forums too (Xen). And lets try to keep things civil and leave the rudeness out. Also, if you have a problem with an administrator's moderation, please do no address it in the thread as it tends to derail it. Instead, contact another administrator to discuss it.

Thank you.
Kaylara
*End Administrator Mode*

semi
May 3rd, 2005, 04:21 PM
A few days ago a friend told me that a dove landed in her tree and she asked me what it meant. I told that it meant that a dove landed in her tree. I wasn't being facetious or sarcastic. Most animals out there are just going about their daily lives and have nothing to do with you. If you see it every day, that means it lives nearby. If an animal is your totem or offering to be your totem, you'll feel it, you'll know. A spiritual experience feels very different from a common experience. Seeing an animal every day means only that you've seen an animal every day.

However, with ravens around you this much, you could put forth the invitation for it to become a totem for you and probably have a positive response. And, as others have said, it may already be a totem for you.

dr_zeus440
May 3rd, 2005, 04:23 PM
seeing ravens atleast once a day does mean something. something GRAVE AND TERRIBLE!!!

it means that ravens are being seen by you atleast once a day.

Sequoia
May 3rd, 2005, 04:59 PM
It's possible they're your totem. You may also want to look into Asatru and Norse Mythology, considering that when I was noticing a whole bunch of Ravens all the time, that's the path I was drawn to study.

What does a raven mean to you? Think about it, maybe meditate on it. Your sudden notice of them could be a subconsious kind of flag, trying to get your attention by projecting your notice onto the birds. Give a bit of quiet meditation and thought a try.

Other than that... sometimes a raven is just a bird sitting on your lawn. In other words, look around a bit if you like, but if you don't find anything that "clicks" properly, realize it could just be that your area has a lot of ravens.

You're here in California, like me. Would you happen to be in middle or northern California? We have ravens like NYC has pidgeons. They're everyfreakinwhere. They eat the trash off of high school lawns. Highly prolific.

Sometimes we just don't notice a creature that lives in our back yard, and it seems as though it suddenly appeared there. But if you're in Cali, I'd say you just never happened to notice them before. It did just become spring. So, it's not unthinkable that you'd suddenly be likely to notice them a heck of a lot more. I've been noticing them, too. Warm weather + food = more birdies! :lol:

ravenmyst
May 3rd, 2005, 05:01 PM
or as previously mentioned they are just doing the spring thing. I feel no attachment to the starlings sitting in this tube by my truck, they are just there. If they draw your attention, or show up in your dreams, or you feel them, then they may be tied to you, sometimes you just know.