PDA

View Full Version : Until Twig comes back......

Maggie
October 16th, 2001, 02:26 AM
This is an exercise from a book called __Druid Magic__. I've used a form of this for a long time, to re-learn how to feel connected to the landscape around me.......I think something like this is in tune with what Twig started for you too......

The first part is to simply be quiet and feel the life around you. In this case, go to a quiet place and feel yourself to be a tree. It may be one you're fond of, one you may already be working with, or anyone that feels right when you try. Try visualizing your roots, your trunk, your branches..........

Once you feel comfortable with that, try seeing yourself to another place--one you feel is sacred, in the now or long ago. Here again, visualize your roots going deep, your branches reaching for the air of this place. Once you feel secure in this visualization, allow yourself to hear the spirits of the place.........

The first part can be worked with for as long you need, to be familiar with the trees. The second part can be added whenever you feel comfortable enough to go on......

Regards,

Maggie

Mairwen
October 16th, 2001, 01:05 PM
Thanks Maggie! :D

Shadowulfe
October 19th, 2001, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Maggie
This is an exercise from a book called __Druid Magic__. I've used a form of this for a long time, to re-learn how to feel connected to the landscape around me.......I think something like this is in tune with what Twig started for you too......

The first part is to simply be quiet and feel the life around you. In this case, go to a quiet place and feel yourself to be a tree. It may be one you're fond of, one you may already be working with, or anyone that feels right when you try. Try visualizing your roots, your trunk, your branches..........

Once you feel comfortable with that, try seeing yourself to another place--one you feel is sacred, in the now or long ago. Here again, visualize your roots going deep, your branches reaching for the air of this place. Once you feel secure in this visualization, allow yourself to hear the spirits of the place.........

The first part can be worked with for as long you need, to be familiar with the trees. The second part can be added whenever you feel comfortable enough to go on......

Regards,

Maggie

I actually have that book....thanks Maggie

evilslinkycat
October 19th, 2001, 10:24 PM
Thanks for posting that, am going to have to try it out:D

bansidhe
October 20th, 2001, 07:23 AM
tankies maggie, much appreiciated!!!
take care and brightest blessings,
bans. :bubbles:

Maggie
October 22nd, 2001, 07:49 AM
I'm glad some of you find this useful! Thought I'd add a few comments.

This might be a hard one right now, unless you live in a southern zone because otherwise the trees are beginning to shut down for the winter.

When I started doing this I found it was harder than it sounded. I had to start at the veryyyyyy beginning and develop a sense of being grounded first. It's important to have that image of solid ground before moving on, or your tree image isn't going to have an anchor. Start slow--it's also important to have your tree image solidly visualized before going to anything else. You need to really feel the roots going down into the solid earth, then raise the trunk toward the sky and add the branches reaching further last. Once that becomes familiar it can act as an anchor itself for anything further you want to do--but it does have to be both familiar and strongly visualized before going on.

Regards,

Maggie

Shadowulfe
October 22nd, 2001, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the advise Maggie!!! :thumbsup: