PDA

View Full Version : Merry meet, all!

Aengus McTeague
October 16th, 2001, 08:08 PM
Hi to all. My first post here, and first membership on a specifically Pagan board.

My birth name is Richard, and I live in Santa Rosa, CA. Aengus McTeague is a pseudo I use on other boards, that I think I will keep for my Craft name. Aengus is the Celtic god of dawn, patron of lovers, and means "strong one" it also reminds me of "The Song of the Wandering Aengus" by Yeats. McTeague means "son of the poet".

I have long been Pagan/Wiccan in my general outlook on life, (since reading "The Spiral Dance" eons ago) and have long tried to honor the Goddess and God in a small, private, informal way. I feel the time has come for me though, to learn more, grow more in this area of my life.

This looks like a very good board, and I hope to spend a good bit of time here. (gads, online communities are addictive)

I currently belong to a few boards that are pagan friendly (and I moderate the Pagan/Wiccan forum on one of them as no one else has the interest)

If anyone has any suggestions for quality online training or online teaching covens it would be greatly appreciated.

Merry meet, and merry part, and merry meet again!

Starlight
October 16th, 2001, 08:15 PM
Welcome hun! Welcome to the looney bin! :lol:

Earth Walker
October 16th, 2001, 08:30 PM
Hello, and Welcome to MW :sunny::wave::wave::wave:

Lilu
October 16th, 2001, 08:40 PM
:sunny: Welcome! :sunny:

Hope you enjoy your stay here!

BB
Lilu

mol
October 16th, 2001, 11:12 PM
Welcome home!

Aengus McTeague
October 16th, 2001, 11:28 PM
Tx for the welcome all! I think I'm going to like it here. :)

Shadowulfe
October 17th, 2001, 10:09 AM
Welcome to MW Aengus!!! Make yourself at home!!! I don't know much about covens....but i could recommend a book for you that has a lot of good information in it for you.......Covencraft by Amber K

MammaStar
October 17th, 2001, 10:21 AM
Welcome & Merry Meet! :heartthro :sunny: :wave:

kitty
October 17th, 2001, 02:20 PM
Merry Meet!

I have to say that I appreciate your definition of 'angus' as i named my son 'angus', a very unusual name in this day and age. Now that you tell me the meaning, and knowing him as i do, i see the meaning of the lovers, and how it applies to him. He has been a lover since birth! Must have been divine intervention!

kitty

kitty
October 17th, 2001, 02:22 PM
I do realize you spell your name 'aengus' i spell his 'angus' however hopefully the meaning is still the same.

Aengus McTeague
October 17th, 2001, 02:58 PM
Hi Kitty. Blessing on you and your son!

Yes, the name is exactly the same, just regional variants in spelling. Here's a link
http://www.stonescape.net/Shantar/Lands/Dublin/scotmale.html

Oops! wrong link. Top one is for Angus/Aengus the common name

This one below is for Aengus/Angus the god of love
http://www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk/gods&goddesses/celtic/afagddhu_angus.html

Theres
October 17th, 2001, 04:09 PM
MM Aengus. i too am new here, and a lovely place it is.
i couldn't help but notice that you're in Santa Rosa. i lived there for twelve years. the Dragonfly and i were married (the first time) in Armstrong Woods out on the river, and had our reception at the Druid's Hall there in town. my mom still lives there. in fact, i was re-introduced to the craft after a sabatical of about 15 years by a dear friend who is still there (and i miss her!).
and all that good wine at reasonable prices!
say 'Hi' to the old town for me.
BB

Aengus McTeague
October 17th, 2001, 06:32 PM
MM Greenman,
Will do, after years of wandering, I feel like this is the place I'm supposed to be. Armstrong Woods is one of my "magic places" what a wonderful place/energy for a wedding!

kitty
October 17th, 2001, 06:35 PM
Loved the sites, Aengus! I had to look up my name as well, "Catherine" is the name i was born with, kitty is the nickname i have had my whole life.

loopy
October 17th, 2001, 06:44 PM
Welcome and Merry meet! :D:D:D

Socharis
October 18th, 2001, 03:23 AM
:D:D:D WELCOME :D:D:D

Emy
October 18th, 2001, 09:50 AM
Merry meet and welcome to MW! :) :sunny: :wave:

Margie
October 18th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Welcome, we're gald you're here.

reanna
October 22nd, 2001, 03:44 AM
Welcome!

shellanthia
November 18th, 2003, 07:09 AM
merry meet and hello

Autumn
November 18th, 2003, 02:32 PM
Welcome to the gang! I hope you enjoy it here!!

Witchzee1
November 19th, 2003, 08:06 AM
Merry Meet and :welcome:

WandererInGray
November 19th, 2003, 10:30 AM
Welcome! *smiles and waves*

That is a doozy of a name! *grins* I love it!

amathera
November 19th, 2003, 02:19 PM
Blessings and welcome to MW!!!!!!!!!!!

CajunLady
November 19th, 2003, 09:28 PM
MM and welcome!!