PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Cafferty says a mouthful...or an emailful anyway.

mol
October 17th, 2001, 09:39 AM
Well, you all know I am not a big fan of dicussing politics but I do watch cnn and msnbc quite a bit, just so I can know what the heck is going on. Anyway, I got my daily email from CNNfn which is a financial newsletter. Stocks, etc. One of the columnists is Jeff Cafferty. This is what he said today:

"At the risk of losing a job that the Cafferty clan depends on for things like rent and groceries, I offer the following: CNN has apparently been approached through Al-Jazeera (a Mideast news network) about submitting questions to Osama bin Laden. My question is, why bother? Certainly no one in his right mind would expect this murderer to tell the truth and secondly, why give this man any platform or access outside the hole he is presumably hiding in Afghanistan? The only thing I personally care about hearing concerning Osama bin Laden is that he's dead."

Semele
October 17th, 2001, 09:51 AM
I tend to agree. Who cares what he has to say? If they broadcast such an interveiw who knows what hidden messages he could be sending any terrorists in the US!

Emerald Sky
October 17th, 2001, 12:15 PM
Good point Semele. I agree. Don't give him a voice. It's like making the killer the super-star while the victims are forgotten. Who cares what he has to say. In my opinion, the guy is obviously demented and evil. I don't want that negativity spilling into my life even more than it already has!

Danustouch
October 17th, 2001, 12:38 PM
I agree as well. By the way, we've all been hearing a lot about Al-Jezera lately. Al Jezera is one of the ONLY independent news studios for the Arabic World. That means it is the ONLY one that is not State Sponsored and controlled. Their reporting, for those of you who have watched any of their programs (you can get it on sattellite)...is decidedly Anti-American and Anti-Israeli. So since they are reflecting the views of their audience, that leads us to believe that the number of people who Hate Americans in the Islamic countries, is far greater than most of us think. True, not everyone who hates America is a Terrorist, but..we might be biting off a bigger piece than we can chew. An interesting point, a little off topic. By the way, despite the things that Al Jazeera has repeatedly said about America over the years, it wasn't until just recently that ANYONE from the American Government chose to go on Al Jazeera to answer those claims, debate them, or negate them. Al Jazeera has sent letters to American Polititians, etc, asking them to appear on their television to discuss middle east policies, etc..and they have repeatedly refused.

It seems to me, that we are just now starting to realize the importance of Propaganda in this battle...so I think the polititians SHOULD have appeared, much earlier...on that network.

btw...thanks to Politically Incorrect for bringing this to light for me :)

Swanspirit
October 17th, 2001, 01:14 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!! someone else who sees through
his PR and sees him for what he is!!!!!!!!
Osama Bin Laden IMO...... is a sociopathic megalomaniac that is selling the Islamic peoples down the river on his self aggrandising
GLORY SEEKING SELF SEEKING path........ and using Afghans war torn country for his cannon fodder........
I dont think he DESERVES the consideration of speaking to him and giving him the CREDIT for being some kind of real leader......
To me that is like asking CHARLES MANSON what he really wants.....
I think OBL got a TASTE of what he thought was glory and power when he was fighting the Soviets ...... and being trained by the US ..... and evidently it wasnt enough......and is now willing to commit mass murder to get his "glory" days back ...........
I heard someone on the news the other day talking about what he really is ....( and I have yet to see a psych profile which as a killer is what he needs ) and they said he wasnt offering and hadnt ever ofered any kind of vision for the future nothing in the way of building a future for the Middle EAst, and that all he has ever sought is destruction...... and I agree with that too.....
I hope CNN passes ...... because other wise they will be contributing to his PR program ......
Also I think he is trying to save his "A$$"
because he knows it is on the line ....
If BUSH wont let Countries negotiate why let CNN????
Love and Light
Swannie

Disturbed
May 1st, 2004, 03:56 PM
Personally, I believe UBL is dead. Why else would they only release verbal messages supposedly from UBL and no new video's which he hasn't had any trouble getting aired before. He's probably buried in some hill that was bombarded and they don't know themselves where his body is...

SilverMaiden
May 1st, 2004, 06:16 PM
I'd be interested in hearing what he has to say if he's alive. Even if it's someone else that's influential with Al Queda or those oppsed to Western culture it would be less guessing and making things up.

Besides the more one knows the more options and approaches unfold to defeat an opponent or at least neutralize them.