PDA

View Full Version : Newsletter and Updates

Yasmine Galenorn
May 2nd, 2005, 07:57 PM
I've decided to forego any more issues of the print newsletter due to postage costs, after the summer edition goes out. BUT...the newsletter will be available off my site--as well as archived copies. You will need Adobe Reader to open the PDF file. You may print this out or read it on line. This update list will be used to notify you when the new issues are out, and when new developments happen with my books. This update list is hosted by a private server and email addresses will not be sold to third parties, nor will undesired ads be posted within them.

You can sign up here, as well as find the archived copies:

Galenorn En/Visions Newsletters (http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=asnewsletter.htm)

BrigidMoon
May 2nd, 2005, 08:03 PM
Nice, will there be an email update for those?

Yasmine Galenorn
May 2nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
Nice, will there be an email update for those?
Yes, every time a new issue goes up, or if I've got a new book out or a contest opening on my site, then I'll send out email updates (hence the mailing list). But since I hate mailing lists that stick ads on the emails and since I respect the privacy of my writers, I pay for hosting instead of using list servers like Topica, etc.

Yasmine :colorful:

BrigidMoon
May 2nd, 2005, 08:13 PM
Well I get your email updates so, I will be excited to see the news letters!

Yasmine Galenorn
May 2nd, 2005, 08:16 PM
Well I get your email updates so, I will be excited to see the news letters!
The first three are up there already--just follow that link and you'll see, below the sign up, the links that will download them!

Yazza :colorful:

BrigidMoon
May 2nd, 2005, 08:27 PM
The first three are up there already--just follow that link and you'll see, below the sign up, the links that will download them!

Awesome!!!

:thewave:

Yasmine Galenorn
May 10th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Awesome!!!

:thewave:

Summer newsletter is up!

BrigidMoon
May 10th, 2005, 01:28 PM
Summer newsletter is up!

Woot! :boing:

Can't WAIT! :idea:

Yasmine Galenorn
May 10th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Woot! :boing:

Can't WAIT! :idea:
Then go download it, chickie!!!!! :evilway:

Cev'aq
May 11th, 2005, 01:41 AM
Aw, that's too bad... I had a little collection of your print newsletters! :lol: I'll be sure to sign up for the email announcement of your online version. :)

Yasmine Galenorn
May 11th, 2005, 12:16 PM
Aw, that's too bad... I had a little collection of your print newsletters! :lol: I'll be sure to sign up for the email announcement of your online version. :)
LOL...yeah, I know. I liked sending them out too, but postage was getting overwhelming, not to mention the two entire days it takes me to write, print, staple, fold, etc. them. I just don't have the time and resources...but this way, you can print it out and still have it for your files!

Yasmine Galenorn
May 13th, 2005, 03:40 PM
OKAY...yet another change. Some people were having trouble opening the PDFs we created (they were BIG) so we've decided to go with a web-based format. Same link: http://www.galenorn.com/teashop/default.asp?body=asnewsletter.htm but now it's online. (Getting TIRED of playing with this, but now at least I can add pictures LOL)

Yasmine Galenorn
May 23rd, 2005, 08:42 PM
Green Wood, along with the Cooking Cauldron, back up on my site. http://www.galenorn.com/greenwood

Witchzee1
May 24th, 2005, 06:46 AM
Your news letter looks great!! I just signed up for it!

Love the picture of Tara doing her Gene Simmons impersonation! :lol:

Yasmine Galenorn
May 24th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Your news letter looks great!! I just signed up for it!

Love the picture of Tara doing her Gene Simmons impersonation! :lol:

I wish that I could continue to mail it snail mail...but postage costs are a bit much. I may create it in a read-only word format, if I can, and post it that way too. I'd rather do that than have to create a separate web page for each one. Eventually it will work its way around to what I want, though. The PDFs are just so big that dial up readers can't download them easy enough.

And yeah, that was a serendipitous catch. I have to admit, having a digital camera is great--though it does have a lag time that drives me crazy. Lucky enough for me, Tara took awhile to complete her yawn. She likes to sleep in my inbox as you can see. :)

jaiden
May 24th, 2005, 07:59 PM
hey there, yaz - you might check the settings on your PDF publisher... I think you will find an 'optimize for web' option where you can somewhat control the file size. PDF's are really the most univeral (and fairly standard) and you can always offer an option to have a word file emailed for dial-up users. Thereby pleasing everyone!
;) jaiden

Yasmine Galenorn
May 26th, 2005, 01:50 PM
hey there, yaz - you might check the settings on your PDF publisher... I think you will find an 'optimize for web' option where you can somewhat control the file size. PDF's are really the most univeral (and fairly standard) and you can always offer an option to have a word file emailed for dial-up users. Thereby pleasing everyone!
;) jaiden

Hi Jaiden, nice to meet you. :)

We'll take a look for that--unfortunately, we're not using Adobe so I'm not sure what features this has (I've been asking my husband to take care of it so I can focus on other things that need doing). I prefer PDFs by far, but we'll figure something out!

Yasmine Galenorn
June 24th, 2005, 06:46 PM
July--August edition of the newsletter's online on my site. Link is on the front page. Includes an article on First Harvest/Lughnasadh.

BrigidMoon
June 24th, 2005, 10:19 PM
Awesome newsletter! Almost finished with the book too! :)

Yasmine Galenorn
June 25th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Awesome newsletter! Almost finished with the book too! :)

Yeah, one thing about having them online is I can make them longer. Though I ended up having to finish coding the damned thing in Notepad because my Netscape Composer kept crashing. Sigh. I have to teach myself Frontpage. I've got the newest version. I guess it's time to switch over.

Which book, hon?

Yasmine Galenorn
August 17th, 2005, 05:23 PM
September-October newsletter is up on my site (http://www.galenorn.com). Update letter going out tonight.

Ziana
August 18th, 2005, 02:32 AM
Just signed up and I love the covers of Harvest of Bones and Scent to her Grave!

Yasmine Galenorn
August 19th, 2005, 08:47 PM
Just signed up and I love the covers of Harvest of Bones and Scent to her Grave!

Way cool...don't forget to reply to the confirmation letter or it won't take.

And I love the covers too--they are muchly excellent!

Yasmine Galenorn
September 14th, 2005, 10:01 PM
Just wanted to let you know that my update letter is up (consider it an in-between newlsetter issues update). You'll find instructions on how to enter my contest to win one of two signed copies of Scent To Her Grave (which comes out in early October), as well as a few chatty hellos and thoughts. http://www.galenorn.com/teashop (http://www.galenorn.com/teashop)

I have signings coming up in Olympia and Seattle in October and December, for both Scent to Her Grave and A Harvest of Bones, as well as a couple charity fundraisers.

Life goes on, pretty good. Hope it's going well for you.

Cheers and may autumn be kind and fruitful for you.

Lisa Di Dio
September 16th, 2005, 02:31 PM
Hey, Chickie:

Nice newsletter, and I love the picture of Luna on the site! Had a great chuckle over that one! I'll be looking forward to the official newsletter, though, because your recipes are always so yummy and inspiring. I'm feeling very autumnal these days and my new stove comes tomorrow - finally - so my shopping list has winter squashes and roasts and such on it. I might even have to bake an apple crisp on Sunday... :smile:

Cheers! :caffeine:
Lisa

Yasmine Galenorn
September 17th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Hey, Chickie:

Nice newsletter, and I love the picture of Luna on the site! Had a great chuckle over that one! I'll be looking forward to the official newsletter, though, because your recipes are always so yummy and inspiring. I'm feeling very autumnal these days and my new stove comes tomorrow - finally - so my shopping list has winter squashes and roasts and such on it. I might even have to bake an apple crisp on Sunday... :smile:

Cheers! :caffeine:
Lisa

The next one will be up around mid-October. I'm trying to get them up every two months, so that one will have a Thanksgiving-Yule theme. And I do have a few new recipes to put in there--really yummy ones I've come up with.

I'm making a pumpkin mousse today--since I discovered I can make it with rice milk it's been SUCH a goddess-send. Now to develop a good wheat-free crust.

(And I think I'm making pork-maple sausages with diced apples for dinner).