PDA

View Full Version : The Gospel of Mary Magdalene-Weekending May 13, 2005

Shatril
May 7th, 2005, 07:11 AM
We are reading to page 88 this week. I'm finding some of this a little rought going.

Shatril
May 15th, 2005, 06:54 AM
I originally put this in the first week by accident.

This is so self-centered a concept in some cases that I'm sure that organized religion hates it. I'm not talking self-centered in a bad way, but as it relates to a personal walk with "God". This certainly would have been excluded from organized religion for its being written by a woman, but also for its direction as you yourself as the broker of heaven. The organized religions cannot "Afford" to have people being their own brokers of salvation/heaven. They need to be the brokers of heaven, so their members keep coming back.

I find LeLoup's interpretation rather interesting, however, I don't always agree with it.

Shatril

Hearthwitch
May 15th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Very rough going for me. I've not finished this week's yet had to put it down. I'm hoping to finish it this evening. I think I'm gonna have to start reading a couple pages each day instead of waiting.
I agree with you. I absolutely can not see the Catholic Church letting their parishoners find their own salvation. They need to be in charge. Confession is a good example of this. You are expected to take your sins to the priest and he, speaking for God, alone can forgive those sins. I never understood this concept as a Catholic. I went to confession like a good Catholic girl does but always wondered why I needed an intermediary. Why wasn't it between God and myself? Because if it was I could find salvation on my own.
Some of his interpretations seem a bit tainted, but I guess that is something we would have to expect. He is French and the majority of France is Christian (if not Catholic).